YOU: On a Diet - and other Oprah inspired diets Includes Dr Phil, Bob Greene, and YOU: On a Diet

Old 08-31-2005, 07:24 AM   #1  

Default Merry Christmas To...YOU! (a challenge to meet your goal by Christmas '05)

Hello everyone!!!

I see we have a bit of new activity here. For such a long time it's been Jen, Nikki and I. Kind of quiet, but we have been supporting each other non-the-less.

We just recently finished a summer challenge. Now we have agreed to support each other as we focus on our next set of goals. Anybody is welcome to join us at any point. We don't follow the same plan, or really have any rules. It's more about doing what works for you and reaching out to help others and to get help from others.

I see some you are looking to start the Dr. Phil discussions up again. That's cool!!

In case anyone new decides to join us I thought we could introduce ourselves. My name is Misty. I'm 28. I am a stay at home mom of a 1 year old and a 2 1/2 year old. I also provide child care for a 2 1/2 year old and a 4 year old. I live in rural PA next door to my in-laws' dairy farm. Last fall I lost about 24 pounds combining Dr. Phil's reasoning and ideas and WW Flex points plan on my own. In Jan. I got off track. Tried Oprah's thing (soooo not for me), and by spring I had gained back 12 pounds or so. I joined WW again July 5th. Since then I have lost the 12 pounds I gained back. So now I do WW, but I still think Dr. Phil has some GREAT ideas and I try to incoorporate them into my daily life and thinking. My goal number is 135. That seems, honestly too low considering I was above that in highschool and I had below average % body fat. So I am aiming for that number, but my real goal is healthy and normal. I want to feel good in my own skin. I just want to be able to find something to wear in a normal store in the normal size department! And look good in it of course LOL

My goals in this challenge....
1) do my 12 week treadmill workout (I found it on prevention.com) . I have never been able to stick to exercise. I am going to this time. It will be intentional exercise, not this "accidental" stuff. In the past I tried to count scrubbing my floor extra hard as a work out LOL. For some that may work. FOr me I need to get over my exercise hangups and understand that I need it.

2) lose 20 pounds. I weigh in on Tuesdays so for me the challenge will end on December 20th. So if I "officially" begin today then in 16 weeks I only have to lose 1.26 pounds per week. That is a good healthy goal. I have never met a goal before. I am always a few pounds shy (9 pounds last time). I am not aiming then for 2 pounds a week.

READY? Let's GO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
MistySeptember is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2005, 07:30 AM   #2  

Here's my first step towards my goal.

This morning despite waking up late (as in running downstairs as I throw on pants with my night gown to meet the kids I watch b/c thier mom is pulling in the driveway as I drag my butt out of bed b/c he headlights woke me up), I did my first work out in my 12 week plan!!!! I have exercised liek ummm twice maybe in the last I don't know how long.

I have this thing. I feel like if I don't get up at 5 am and work out then I can't do it b/c my schedule is off. But really the kids I watch get here so early they sleep on the couch and my kids are still sleeping too. So there is NO reason that I can't exercise at 6:15. I also think if I don't start on Wednesday (the day my "official" WW week starts then the whole week is shot. I am going to get over this warped perfectionism!!

So anyway...I Exercised!!!!!!!
Old 08-31-2005, 08:37 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 198/170/130

Height: 5'3

good morning ....

I am so happy to see this thread.

My goals for this challenge are -

1) exercise 3 times minimum a week

2) Stop eating by 7 pm at night.

3) my goal to lose is the same as Misty's 20 pounds which means a little over 1 pound a week

In the last challenge I lost 6 pounds. Overall since last september I lost 32 pounds. I am eager to lose another 20 by Christmas. I know it will be pushing it but I think i can do it . Either way even if I dont hit the exact goal any weight off is better then none. I'm looking forward to supporting anyone who joins us.

Nikki

Oh yea I weigh in on tuesday's too So I'll end on Dec 20 too.

Last edited by Nikki128; 08-31-2005 at 08:55 AM.
Nikki128 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2005, 07:13 AM   #4  

I'm glad you are here Nikki!!

Workout number two is in the bag! That feels good. I was gonna sleep, but I thought about my day and realized that there is no way I will have time to workout later. I don't wnat to screw up on day two for heaven's sake...we'll save that for a few weeks into this LOL, just kidding. I really, really want to follow through with something for once.

I want very badly to see that 180. I was about 180 when I transferred from the commuinty college I was a freshman at to the college I graduated from. Looking at pictures from that time I think how much thinner I was. I often wonder why I didn't commit then when I had 50 pounds to lose not 89. Oh well, I didn't and I can't fix that now. My goal now is to reach my healthy weight before I turn 30. I've got about a year and a half. I can do it.

Ok I'm off. It's after 7 and DH is still in bed. I nee dto go kick his butt!

OH I got my new car!! I am so excited. We got a Buick Terraza, Terreza? Something like that. In any event I now drive not only a Buick (man I feel old), but a minivan! YIKES!!! But with four of us and a dog it seemed like the vehicle to best fit our lifestyle. It has almost every option availble (except some power seat lift thing for people who can't get in and out on thier own and all wheel drive...but b/c of the deals all the all wheel drive ones in the area are GONE). My parents are giving us thier camper, so we'd like to be able to take some family vacations in the next few years.

Ok now i am going to kick my husband's butt!! Have a great day everyone!!
Old 09-01-2005, 07:20 AM   #5  
fIREFLY

S/C/G: 179/172.5/165

Height: 5'7''

This sounds like a good challenge for christmas! Lets see I am a 51 yr. young grandma of 4, my 3 children are all grownup. Or at least think they are! Love them all! My hubby and I are the only ones at home now. That is different! I have maintained a 10lb. loss for quite awhile now. I need to lose around 10 more. I lose slow but then maintain so thats okay for me. I would like to lose 10lbs. So lets see I will continue to eat healthy, exercise more at least 3 times a week, do the scale thing once a month. Lets get started girls! Oh for exercise I will be camping this weekend so kayacing, hiking and swimming will be my exercise. We have 4 months to do this that is only 2.5lbs a month. I can do this! Positive attitude always helps! Misty living on a farm sounds like lots of exercise. Nikki I have finally done better with having a snack of fruit in the evening for my last food. Your right after 7 can be bad stuff. Right on the hips! I am a calorie counter it works for me. I have a large variety of foods to choose from. I work on counting to 1400 to 1500 I think I am going to change it to 1300 to 1400 to shake it up a bit!
cacmsc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2005, 08:37 AM   #6  

WELCOME CACMSC!!!! Sounds like you've got a good solid plan!!! I wish living on the farm gave me some exercise. My husband works as a network eng. and helps his dad on occasion, more now that my brother in law is back in college for the fall. But much of it is all done by machine now, and I babysit all day so I don't get much of a chance to help out. I used to feed round bales, but with the new addition on the barn it's all done with a machine. But chasing four kids gets me off my tookus a bit

I am slacking off today, can anybody tell LOL? I have been online almost all morning. Ok I think the kids are up, if not I am waking them up!
Old 09-01-2005, 09:20 AM   #7  

Hello Ladies-

Welcome cacmsc!!! I am so happy to see you join us. I did really well yesterday. I worked out and all. I am not going to workout today. I am commited to 3 x's a week so I will do it tomorrow and Sunday. Right now I need the day in between. I have a neurological disorder which is pretty painful and I have to let my body rest sometimes. Anyhow .. Way to go Misty on your 2 days of exercise!

Nikki

1 out of 48 days of exercise down 47 to go !!!
Old 09-01-2005, 10:05 AM   #8  

Ok I had to post this .. Mistry you inspired me and I managed a second workout today. That means

2 out of 48 days of exercise down 46 to go!
Old 09-01-2005, 12:42 PM   #9  

YAY!!! Nikki!!! WAY TO GO! Just listen to your body though and if you need the rest then take it. But I think it's great you pushed yourself a bit and worked out today.

Wonder where Jen is?
Old 09-01-2005, 03:41 PM   #10  
Jen

Height: 5'3"

Hey everyone. I'm still around. I'm kind of depressed about my weight. Also things are not so great around the house. Finances are not good so I'm not going to WW after all, maybe when I start working full-time. The house is still a mess but I think there is a light at the end of the tunnel. Just a matter of lots of tidying up mostly, all the big stuff is done.

I weighed in this morning at 231.6 lbs so at present I'm just going to try and get down to 220 by Xmas. Really I'd like to shoot for onderland but I'm not going to set a goal that isn't realistic. After this weekend I'm going back to the gym every day.

Take care everyone.
Jen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2005, 03:53 PM   #11  

OH GOOD! I am so glad you are here Jen! I hope things with your house settle down soon and that you are able to get to WW once you begin your new job. I think your goal is very realistic. You want something doable. Focus on one step at a time.

I know there are people on teh WW boards who do not attend meetings instead they use free websites that have information. You may want to just try some of those. THe actual WW online program is WAY cheaper than meetings. So if you like that you could try it. I wasn't super impressed with it, but I did use it successfully a couple years ago.

OK kids are up got to run!
Old 09-01-2005, 06:39 PM   #12  

Hi everybody, I want to join in too. I am 256 right now, (i weigh in tommorw) and i would like to be about 245 by christmas, i know it's a low goal, but if i lose more great, but i don't want to set myself up for failure.
eeyoredja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2005, 07:25 PM   #13  

Hi Jen.. good to see you. I hope thigs settle down for you soon.

eeyoredja it is nice to meet you. I am glad you decided to join us in this challenge.

~Nikki~

2 out of 48 days of exercise down 46 to go !
Old 09-02-2005, 06:43 AM   #14  
fIREFLY

S/C/G: 179/172.5/165

Height: 5'7''

Hello everyone ! Well I got that square white thing out of the closet. I did my wt. it is currently 171. That means I pretty much have been maintaining throughout the summer. I was up a bit then re lost it. So I am okay with this scale reading would of been great to see it lower but I am not stressed out over it. I think keeping it off once you've lost takes time. Now that I have adjusted to this wt. for a bit its time for some movement and changes. So I am going to start tues. to reduce to 1300-1400 cals. a day and increase my level of exercise. I need to figure out how to put the wt. chart on here! Is there a simple way? I'd be glad to hear from anyone on this matter. Thanks! Have a great weekend. Oh there is alot of info. on this site and others with ww recipes. I sometimes go on for new ideas etc...It is helpful and just do a wt. day and post it here. We will all be supportive in your efforts and you'll save some funds. We all have to think about ways to save with gas prices skyrocketing and those poor folks in N.O..
cacmsc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2005, 08:35 AM   #15  

Hi cacmcs so glad to hear you maintained and are prepared to do what it takes to lose. I am not exercising today but will see about doing it either Sat or Sun to make my 3 X's this week. Catch you all later and very happy to see everyone.

Nikki

2 out of 48 days of exercise down 46 to go!