YOU: On a Diet - and other Oprah inspired diets Includes Dr Phil, Bob Greene, and YOU: On a Diet

Old 12-27-2005, 05:18 PM   #511  

S/C/G: 198/170/130

Height: 5'3

Hi Jen-

Good to see you here. I am glad you are up for a new challenge. I think there are 5-6 months we will have to lose. That is more then the other 2 challenges.

Love and Light
Nikki
Nikki128 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2005, 07:11 AM   #512  
fIREFLY

S/C/G: 179/172.5/165

Height: 5'7''

Sounds like everyone is in the mood to start up a trip down slim line me too! I need to get back to eatting good and working out.
I am the jealous mom this year sorry to say! My kids were with my daughter in laws family in Hawaii. But I do understand maybe next christmas I will have them here. But we made the best of it with phone calls and fun gifts. I sent their christmas stocking filled with surprises, packages with cookies and gifts. For the most part just talking to them on the phone for about an hour was a gift. Then later my daughter and her family gave a call too! We made the best out of sharing christmas. Its not easy! My hubby landed in the emergency room with an illness as well later christmas evening. He is starting to feel a bit better his cold turned into breathing problems and a little carrot was in his wind pipe which just complicated matters. But lots of rest and fluids and some expensive drugs he is on a mends. Thank goodness! Poor guy! The grandkids really bring a magic momment to christmas. I am so glad to beable to spend the holidays with them. Their actions and saying are so cute and honest. My grandaugter which is 5 says to her other grandma I didn't ask for this doll. It was a life size soft cloth doll kind of ugly too. She handled it well and said to her well yah got it now. Out of the mouth of babes! Well girls a summer challenge is fine but I need a quick one so for my self it is going to be March 1st. I want to lose before my trip to Hawaii. I haven't seen my kids for a year. I want to look my best and feel good about myself. I may even go get a tan before I go so I can wear shorts etc....
Lets do it! Today I am off to work and on thurs. Then off again. I am going to work out this afternoon and buy some fresh fruit and veggies...... That will help! I haven't gotten on the scale but feel the difference on my body! Wt. and flab not good. See not exercising is catching up with me fast!
cacmsc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2005, 08:59 AM   #513  

Great to see that you are on board cac.
Misty can you make a new thread at some point maybe?
My first day back to eating right went well. I can't wait to weigh in next week. I am switching my weigh in day to Wednesday mornings.

Love and Light
Nikki
Old 12-29-2005, 07:18 AM   #514  
fIREFLY

S/C/G: 179/172.5/165

Height: 5'7''

Oh getting into the swing of things takes a bit of extra effort for sure. I didn't so great but better than the other days recently. I think its not going to be an overnight change. I am trying to get a grip! I did an assessment on myself and the results were change cookies and chips into fruits and veggies, drink more water, exercise needs to be done at least 3 times a week. Well now that its down somewhere maybe I can do it. I still have chips, candy and cookies in the house this weekend those will disappear for awhile. Its funny how things just get a bit out of hand huh? It happens so easily and changing back takes effort and control and isn't so easy! Gotta picture the end result better health and healthier lifestlye all together. Well enough said nows time to start to make some changes for the better. Good luck everyone with your road to health.
cacmsc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2005, 12:42 PM   #515  

Erin-Good to see you . I am glad to see you are doing so well with your loss. We started up a new thread for the Summer challenge if you want to join. It is still under Dr.Phil and Oprah diets. Hope to see you over there.