YOU: On a Diet - and other Oprah inspired diets Includes Dr Phil, Bob Greene, and YOU: On a Diet

Old 09-26-2005, 09:46 AM   #151  

S/C/G: 198/170/130

Height: 5'3

Misty - I am glad the bees are gone. I am deadly afraid of bees.
I looked at the exercise schedule and tuesday thursday and saturday he will be on 1 full hour where he was on 1/2 hour before. I am thinking if I do the full hour 2x's a week or maybe 3 if I get up on saturday and another show 2 x's a week for 1/2 an hour that makes between 3-4 hours a week. Before, I was doing 2 hours. Maybe this is a blessing in disguise. Please let us know what the doctor says about your oot. Foot injuries are hard.

Sums- I bet alot of that overnight gain is water. Did you have a lot of salt?

love and light
Nikki
Nikki128 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2005, 11:03 AM   #152  

I KNOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! HOW DOES THIS STUFF HAPPEN TO ME? Bees, blue onions... really do these things happen to other people? Anyway, Summer I was gonna suggest the salt thing too. Load up on your water and avoid sodium. Weight can go up and down like that. You can't look at one day to the next, thus the reason your dr weighs you every two weeks. It's all about the big picture!!

I am so gonna see a gain this week, I ate two apple fritters the size of dinner plates yesterday along with burger king and a snickers bar. Of course it mad eme sick and a some of it did not stay with me, still I know I will gain. Sadly I just don't care. Why do I get like this?
MistySeptember is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2005, 08:24 PM   #153  
Brit Chick

Height: 5' 5"

Hello Ladies

I thought I'd just check in and let you know I've lost 1 lb. in the past week. I now have 11 to go till Christmas, so I'm trying to keep on track. I noticed (in my Nutridiary log) that I'm inching up a bit in the calories and now I'm averaging about 1500 a day, but I'm feeling good and I'm not hungry, so I hope to be able to stay at 1500 and not gain or stall.

I just bought a really pretty glass for my water - I'm hoping this will encourage me to drink more water!

Have a great week!
penpal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2005, 08:30 PM   #154  

it is beginning to look a lot like christmas keep up the good work all
flipafart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2005, 06:18 AM   #155  

Good morning everyone!!!!

Well I went to the dr. I have probably two sprains, one from over doing the treadmill and one from rolling mmy ankle over too much. I am supposed to stay off it and keep it iced as much as possible, yeah right! But not treadmill for a couple weeks. I really do hate exercise so I am happy for the excuse, but that is all it is...an excuse. I need the exercise. Once it's feeling better I am given the all clear to start slow when I feel I can do it. So she said it might be a few days if I rest it, but if I keep agrevating it it may take a couple weeks. Just glad it's not a stress fracture like my husband said. But I did get some strong Naproxin (Aleive) to handle the pain.

WTG on the Pound, Penny!

Erin I am so glad you are ok and that Rita did not hit you! I was wondering how you were faring down there. I am beginning to see the merits of snow! It sucks but it's not a hurricane!

Summer you missing all that Buffalo snow yet LMAO!!!!!

Ok I was going to slack off on my AM cleaning routines, but I can't. I'm gonna check my Slimmin' Sistas board and be off to do my cleaning. If I keep up on it it might not get so crazy.
Old 09-27-2005, 06:18 AM   #156  
fIREFLY

S/C/G: 179/172.5/165

Height: 5'7''

Misty we had a hard time with bees this year also. They made a huge cone about 18" by 15" in our tree. One day my hubby noticed them. They were the type people say wouldn't hurt you? But now there gone. I blame myself for having so many flower beds I make it a big welcome sign to my yard.
Nikki I know you'll keep exercising you've got it in you now. You know how good you feel and have a sense of accomplishment when your done matched with more energy. You keep going strong!
Penny take that lb. its one lb. less on your body and they all add up! Congrats!!!!!!!!!!
Erin glad that Rita spared you! We just got a bit of rain here nothing to compare to all these other places. So sad!
Sums you poor thing! Did you eat something really salty? The scale could be on the broke side? Did you move it to another spot? Well drink lots of water eat healthy and put some exercise in there and do the scale at the end of the week. Don't do it daily you'll drive yourself crazy!
Oh my weekend was wonderful kayaking was great and good exercise. I didn't go as long as I wanted its kind of hard when your with a group of friends. But it was beautiful out there and the fall colors were so pretty. We did part of Moose River in the Adirondacks.
My eating isn't too bad I did sneak in some chinese for lunch yesterday. But I didn't eat between meals. So that saved me calorie wise. I had goulash for dinner and I don't eat anywhere as much pasta as I used to. But my overall calories were around 1400. So I am at the edge of my limit. I used to go up to 1500 but the scale wasn't moving so I shook things up a bit. Sometimes you have to make some changes to get it going again..... have agood day!

Last edited by cacmsc; 09-27-2005 at 06:25 AM.
cacmsc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2005, 08:08 AM   #157  

Mornig Ladies-

Misty - Please take care of that ankle. I hope you will get back to 100 % soon.

Cacmsc- Thanks for the encouragement.

Rita - way to go on the pound lost !

Ok, I weighed in this morning and :drumroll: I weighed in at 163.0 I lost 2.8 pounds this week. When I first got on the scale it said 162.6 but then switched to 163.0 so close yet so far...... I know I will be seing the 150's in another 2 weeks. This is so exciting. Thank you everyone for your encouragement.

We are all doing great !
Old 09-27-2005, 08:13 AM   #158  

Nikki!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! GREAT JOB!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 09-27-2005, 06:11 PM   #159  
Cheese Goddess

Wow, everybody's doing so good!! YAY TEAM!!
I'm down a little 1/2lb. or so this am. Maybe the small loss can be contributed to the pumpkin bread I baked for the weekend???? Last night I did the Firm's Tortoise, using from 5-20lb. weights. Ate a couple of extra SF fudgesicles, but not a big deal. I'm rushed for time today, guys. Gotta go now, but I'll write a longer post tommorrow.
Take care!!
FormerFluffy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2005, 07:12 AM   #160  
fIREFLY

Nikki congrats to you! Hurray!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Erin I am not sure abotu becoming a morning person. I have pretty much been one since I got married many years ago. But I am thinking you can do anything if you want it bad enough. I have to start exercising in the a.m. . I get up and get on the net. So intead I should leave the house work out at the gym and go to work. Catch up with everyone after work. Then I have no excuse to not get to the gym. I used to do that 3 days a week. I need to do it again! I am going to the gym today as I have a doc. appt. and the day off. So later on I will get there. Good luck! It will give you lots of energy.
Lori pumpkin bread is so good. Hard to stay out of after you have made it I am sure. 1/2 lb. is better than none.
I notice that after I ate goulash the other night for dinner and for lunch the next day oh! I had big time cravings , I felt straved ! Now I know what carbs. to limit thats for sure. Thanks to my journal I could look back and see what I had consumed differently. Pasta!!!!!!!!!!!! So today I started of with oatmeal w/ walnuts, cinn.. After being on the south beach diet for awhile I never really went back to eating that many carbs. Especially cut back on pasta and sweets. So now I know that they need to only be for once in awhile foods. It was tasty while it lasted.
Carol
Old 09-28-2005, 10:51 AM   #161  

Cacmsc- Thanks

I worked out again today but did a light pilates show as I was kind of sore. Feels a little like cheating but a workout is a workout right?

Love and Light
Nikki
Old 09-28-2005, 04:50 PM   #162  

Another 2 miles down this morning at the pool. I missed yesterday. I actually took a sick day from work and ended up sleeping like 14 hours night before last. My body is so messed up. Anyway, I got up this morning and kept trucking. :-)

Great job everyone!

Erin - The morning thing is definately something that you just need to force yourself into doing until it's a routine. I get up at 5 am everyday now (almost) and I used to be able to sleep and hit the snooze continuously. I just decided one day that I have to. I'm too tired by the end of the day and use that as an excuse. I tricked myself into it, and still do actually by packing up my work clothes in my pool bag the night before and put them in the truck so that if I want to even get dressed for work I have to go to the truck to get my stuff, so I might as well drive to the pool while I'm out there. If I get everything together the night before, I really have no excuse not to get up and go. Now if only I could find a way to trick myself into exercising after work as well, I'll be all set. lol.

Well ladies, I'm finishing up the work day so I must run. Talk to you soon!
Sums is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2005, 06:51 AM   #163  
fIREFLY

Erin movement is exercise just keep it up! I never got to the gym yesterday because of grocery shopping while in the city. Today after work I will get there. Supper is in the crock pot already so no worry there. I need to force myself to get moving in the a.m. as that really is my best time. But on thurs. I meet a friend for breakfast. Poached eggs, dry toast but I HAVE to eat my homefries. I have it worked into my intake for the day. Just an adjustment or two and away I go! Keep up your good efforts they'll pay off soon!
Sums wow are you right about excuse. Sounds like some I have been making. See in the summer months I do hiking, kayaking, gardening etc. So I don't frequent the gym and getting back into the gym seems to be my problem. I need to go! I will get there today no matter what time I finish work. It may only be for 45 min. but thats a start. Thanks for that input it made me think hard about myself! Your doing great keep it up! This week I had some hidden stress and now realized why I was eatting extras etc. Well that is all over now time to get serious about myself and my goal. Christmas is coming and my first goal is thanksgiving. I still have to meet that!
Old 09-29-2005, 08:01 AM   #164  

Good Morning All!

Well I stayed on points yesterday. That was so hard. Today will be worse. We are kind of down to bare bones food wise. I am trying to use up all the random stuff hanging around before stocking up again.

How do you guys shop? Do you buy what's on sale only? Do you plan meals ahead make a list and stick to it? Do you visit several stores? I want to save money, but what is on sale is often the junky processed stuff I an trying to steer my family away from. I like to try new things. I want my kids to be exposed to all kinds of stuff. But my husband is picky. And frankly during the week I am lazy. I can have the best of intentions to prepare a nutrious and time consuiming meal but by the time the midle of the week comes around I feel drained cooking a box of hamburger helper. I don't do alot of cooking on weekends b/c we are never home.

I tried 15 minutes on the treadmill...not good. So I am limited in what I can do. I am thinking my yoga dvd or something. Not sure, feeling highly unmotivated.

Carol-You are doing well!! Keep up the good work!

Sums-Great Job on the working out. I don't even have to leave my house and I can't get up at 5 to workout!

WTG on the loss Lori!!!!!

Erin-I am sure with time you can get into the habit of getting up earlier, maybe ease into it 15 minutes earlier every week or every few days. You have to be consistant though, once you sleep in dragging yourself out of bed the next day canbe hard. Before I had kids I was such a morning person. I'd stay with my friends and we'd talk until 3 am. By 6 I was up making a huge breakfast for everyone. During my first two years of marriage I didn't slepp past 7. 7 was sleeping in. Now I just can't seem to get up that early anymore. I too need to work on it b/c that is the best time fo rme to squeeze in a workout.

Nikki-You are doing AWESOME!

Well, I skipped my weighin Tuesday. My pain medication makes me a bit loopy and I just didn't feel like going anywhere. So I stayed home. Unofficially I was 194.5 on Friday, this morning.... YIKES 202.5! 6 Pounds! I am not surprised and I know my home scale weighs different than WW but it's all proportional. I am not moving my sliders though b/c that is not official.

Why do I sabotage myself? I know what the results of those actions are. I am not surprised by the results I saw. So I go into the behavior knowing what it's gonna do. So why do I do it? Something to ponder on this dreary rainy day.

Enjoy the day ladies!
Old 09-29-2005, 10:43 AM   #165  

Misty - Not to worry you are not alone. We all have that ability of self sabatoge. I try to keep a constant vigil on it and am finally very aware when I do it. Then I can change my thoughts or actions to counteract it. Of course, that does not always work. I hope you are taking care of that ankle???

As for me, I did another hour workout today. That is 20 for the month so far. Also, I am walking a little everyday about a block corner to corner. Every little bit helps.I figure another 2 months of this and I should drop at least 10 pounds more. I am so glad to see how well everyone is doing. Keep it up!

Love and Light
Nikki