YOU: On a Diet - and other Oprah inspired diets Includes Dr Phil, Bob Greene, and YOU: On a Diet

Old 11-17-2004, 01:31 PM   #1  

Smile New here (Intro)

Hello Everyone,

I am new to this board and new to this thread. My hope is to find support, friends and reach my goal to lose weight. My name is Kelly. I currently weigh 220 pounds. My heaviest weight was at 275 in Jan. of 2002. Last year was a great year for me for weight loss. Since my heaviest I have lost a total of 55 pounds.
A few months ago I was very motivated, exercising very regularly, watching what I eat and eating very healthy. I was following the Dr. Phils book for about three months. Then we had some very stressful situations come and I really fell off the bandwagon.

The past few weeks I have been really thinking about trying my hardest again to lose this weight and get to my goal weight of 160. It has been hard to get back and motivated to start trying again. I have not been working out, my energy has feel way down, I have not been watching what I I've been eating. Though I have not gained any weight I have not lost any either. When I was exercising I noticed my body was tone and now that is going away.

SO the past week I picked up the Dr. Phil book again, dusted it off and dove right in. I am currently on key 4 and taking notes through every chapter. I am at 220 today and every month on the 14th I want to be 10 pounds lighter. December 14th is my first goal of 210. I started using the key I have been reading and trying to change my way of thinking.

Today I am half way through my 2 liters of water a day, I have exercised for 28 minutes and ate very healthy.

I am hoping to find support through all of you wonderful people. I want to also give support. I want to be healthy and have a healthy relationship with food. My goal weight is 160 and I WILL make it there.

I hope to get to know you all and I wish the best for you all!

Kelly
Kelly1217 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2004, 09:07 PM   #2  

Welcome Kelly!!! You have done very well in the past and you know what works for you. It sounds like you are off to a great start on your continuing journey. I have foudn alot of support on the Christmas Challenge thread and in the Chapter One and Chapter Two Revisited threads. We are dicussing the book chapter by chapter, Angel usually put sup a new thread for the chapters, but I beleive she is out of town alot the next few weeks. So maybe someone else will have to start the thread.

By the way my name is Misty. I am 27, and a stay at home Mom of Audrianna (18 months) and Ben (3 months). I am currently at 207, my highest was 235 right after my son was born in August. My first goal is to lose 25 by Christmas from my starting weight of 224. I am only 7 pounds away.

So welcome! I hope we can support each other as we master the 7 keys to weight loss success.
MistySeptember is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2004, 01:38 PM   #3  

Default Misty thank you for responding

I first want to say congradulations on the weight loss! Also your new little one I will be 24 in December and also a stay at home mom to Kyle (6 year) and Hannah (12 months).
I will pop into the Christmas and chapter by chapter board and try to jump into a post.

It would be wonderful to support each other to master the seven keys and reach our weight loss goal!

Kelly
Kelly1217 is offline   Reply With Quote