YOU: On a Diet - and other Oprah inspired diets Includes Dr Phil, Bob Greene, and YOU: On a Diet

Old 03-21-2004, 11:18 PM   #76  
Pink Prozac Bunny

Post Greetings from rabgal

Name (Nickname): rabgal

M or F: Female

Weight/ Goal Weight: 210/145

Height: 5'4"

Family: ..... long story - married and divorced twice I have a 10 year old son and a 7 1/2 year old daughter from my first marriage. The three of us currently share our house with a black tabby named Jetta and a Teddy Bear Hammie named Stormy. I have been dating a nice fellow since June 2003.

Personal Info you would like to share: I am so embarrassed at the state my body has become. I have never been over the 200 pound mark except during my pregnancies. I am tired of feeling down about my appearance and feeling guilty about doing nothing about it. I have been a single parent for most of my childrens' lives and it's quite difficult sometimes to balance a full-time job, and two full-tilt kids.

Biggest Weakness in the Weight Loss Journey: Meal Planning and Excerise.

What do you hope to Gain from this Book: "Stick-to-it-ness"

Please add anything else on here that you think would help us help you reach your goal..... I've struggled with my weight since I was 18. I remember feeling fat at 154 pounds and joining WW to get down to 123. Now, I would love to see 154 on that scale I've spent too many years on the diet bandwagon up and down, up and down, up and down. It's time to achieve and maintain a constant. I've tried TOPS after my first pregnancy ... went from the 190s to the 150s; it all came back ... tried Fit for Life; Atkins ... again from the 190s to the 150s. In the past 16 years I've been off and on more diets then I care to admit ... always assuring myself that it will be the last time ...... Why does it always come back or more importantly, why do I let it !!!?
rabgal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2004, 05:42 AM   #77  

Default Dr Phil's Book Club Introductions

Name: Katey

Female

Height 5'5"

Goal: 200/180/160 ( current,1st goal, 2nd goal )

Family: 1 husband, married for 8 years, 2 girls 6 and 8. Oh yea and a kitten named Scotty.

Personal Info: I have always struggeled with weight loss. I know what I need to do but my biggest problem is not snacking. I eat for alot of reasons, bored, stressed, depressed. I had a big move in September and between September and December I had gained 30lbs. Since then I've lost 10lbs but I can see myself slipping back the other way. I've noticed I've been snacking ALOT. I'm thinking its a mental thing and I'm hoping this book can somehow help me to change my way of thinking.

What I want: Not only just to loose the weight, but to keep it off. I want to be healthy.

I hope I did this right, this is the first time I've posted something.
Bumpkin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2004, 11:08 PM   #78  

Name I go by Evilyn mostly

Age Gonna be 38 this week.

I am a girl.

Height is about 5'8" / 5'9"

Weight is roughly between 350 and 360
(once the scale goes over 350 it's all a guessing game)

I truely would love to be anywhere between 200 and 240, thats the final goal, the immed. goal is just to be under 300 again. Last summer I had gotten down to about 320ish, needless to say stuff happened and Boom! Right back up to where I started.

Family Great husband,been together for 12 years this past New Years, been married to him for almost 8 years, he's the second one. First one was an abuser so we got rid of him.

My "Kids" are a lovable, Stupid Dog and three cats, all are rescued and very spoild! or as my mom would say, (no dear, they just smell that way!!)

I also do not have any human children as we had never been completely sure we should, then my weight just got too out of hand for me to even concider it. Although DH has started to change his mind ( more on that another time)

What I'd like to get out of this book? Well in all honesty, I am hoping that I can do like I have heard on his show and read so far in this book.....To become a better ME. I'm not into being tiny and pretty and skinny like that.....I just want to be healthier, like me more, be a better wife, and should Goddess give her blessing, be a mom. Also, on a very sad note, (sorry to bring you down) My dad passed unexpectedly this January......there was so much that he wanted for me.....getting rid of my weight was only one....I used to be interested in my Art, Gardening, just life in general.

I'd love to find out why I gave up on ME. I was such a cool person years back. I'd like to find her again, she's there somewhere.

My immediate biggest problem is that I am a binge eater....I start and just can't stop. Night is the worst. I am always hungery....Even when I'm not....Ya know?

I always start out ok, then a couple weeks or if I'm lucky a few months down the road, I blow it, then slowly one day becomes two, become a week then a month. Always I'm gonna start right after(something)

Well, looking forward to reading more and talking to you all some more.
SEARCHING4ME is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2004, 05:19 PM   #79  

Well let me jump in here with both feet, but first let me pull one of them out of my mouth.

Name (Nickname) Vi

Age 46

M or F F

highest wt 198 - lost to 175- current weight 183- goal 140/135
( I lost this last year by portion control and walking, then stopped walking and it was weight gain from there.

5'5 (medium build)

Family: Husband (second one..I love him, but this has really been hard trying to get along after being divorced eleven years.) Three step-sons ,two of which live with us and are in college. One cute dog and a whacko cat.

Personal info- I am trying to turn my life into something that I want instead of going along with the difinitions that my husband and family try to assign me! ( Just let me breath the air ,you wild control freaks)

Biggest Weakness: Bread! Give us this day our daily bread and while you are at it make mine a loaf or two, please. I need to learn what a portion is and not to slather it with anything.

What do I hope to gain from this book: Clues to what I am thinking that are keeping me stuck in a so-so life. I really can do this I just need to do the things that will move me forward in my life and my weight loss.I just need to do the things that work and leave the past behind.

I look forward to getting real with this group and then getting REAl Happy!!
See you all in the weight loss trenches. I'll be the one with the hard head in the pink hard hat!

Last edited by Irish Tart; 03-30-2004 at 07:19 AM.
Irish Tart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2004, 11:12 AM   #80  

Can I just tell you how inspiring you are! You set up such a good system and you're really sticking to it! Thank you so much for sharing your story b/c it definitely motivates me and shows me that it CAN happen! Its also realistic and shows that you really have to work hard! Way to go!
emilyatau is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2004, 11:22 AM   #81  

hi there! My name is Emily, too, and I live outside of DC, too! hehehe. Want to be a weight loss buddy?
Old 03-30-2004, 07:29 AM   #82  

Hi Emily, I have editted my weight info above, as I started at 198 last year, lost to 175, leveled off ,stopped exercising and have now gained to 183 and am starting from there to get back on track with the walking and portion control again.
Sorry for the confusion on my weight loss, but if I get my butt in gear I will be able to list 140 as my real weight in the near future. You've come to the right place if you are looking for weight loss encouragement. There are lots of good role models here. Jump in here with us, as we do what Dip says and take our weight loss experience, hour my hour and day by day. Post when you can. Irish
Old 03-30-2004, 10:04 AM   #83  

Name (Nickname): Wendi

M or F: F

Weight/ Goal Weight: 188/150 July 23,2004

Height: 5'3"

Family: Married for 14 years, 3 children ~10, 7, and 3 yrs old

Personal Info you would like to share: SAHM

Biggest Weakness in the Weight Loss Journey: Staying Motivated

What do you hope to Gain from this Book: A healthy change of living and eating.

Please add anything else on here that you think would help us help you reach your goal..... Support, Friendship, and a new way of life to a heathier me ! :smile:

Myself and a friend have started Dr Phil's book , but have been stumped on the "Analyze and Respond to Your Self-Talk" on page 79, did anyone else find this hard to do as well ?
holdan29 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2004, 11:29 AM   #84  

Hi holdan29!

Since this is the intro thread, I'm taking your question to the appropriate chapter thread-

http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/show...t=35077&page=2

dip
diphthong is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2004, 11:34 PM   #85  

Default Let me introduce myself

Name (Nickname):

M or F:f

Weight/ Goal Weight: 190/140

Height:5'4"

FamilyH, 2 boys 15 & 11. All skinny

Personal Info you would like to share:I come from a family of overweight people. In the genes perhaps. I hate to exercise and diet.

Biggest Weakness in the Weight Loss Journey:I hate to exercise and keep the commitment to eat good and exercise. Fear of success, deeply rooted psychological reasons.

What do you hope to Gain from this Book: I would like some healthy eating ideas and how to get motivated to lose this weight.
staegel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2004, 12:57 PM   #86  

Argh - was trying to respond to posts from way earlier, and realized they ended up at the "end of the line". Just noticed my goof and kinda feel foolish as you all probably had no clue what on earth I was talking about Irish - thank you for the words of encouragment!
Old 03-31-2004, 06:54 PM   #87  

Hey Emily, you are among friends here so don't worry about anything! I just wanted to make sure that I didn't misrepresent myself. I'll look for you over at the starting gate..step one and two. This group rocks.
Old 04-20-2004, 02:48 PM   #88  

S/C/G: 266/225/130

Height: 5'1"

Post Starting Dr. Phil's Life Change now

Name (Nickname): Melody

M or F: Female

Weight/ Goal Weight: 246/130-140

Height: 5'1"

Family: Married to Cliff for 3 years (dated for 7), have a 2-year-old son named R.J. and 2 cats

Personal Info you would like to share: Middle School English Teacher, Graduate Student

Biggest Weakness in the Weight Loss Journey: All or nothing attitude - when I mess up, I give up - I'm going to fix that problem now!

What do you hope to Gain from this Book: To overcome all or nothing attitude and to stop emotional eating. Also, I don't want to diet anymore - I want to change my life instead.
MelodyAM75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2004, 09:49 PM   #89  

Name (Nickname): Bonnie-

M or F: F

Weight/ Goal Weight: 200/140

Height: 5'4"

Family: Married 29 years this June to a great guy who truly loves me in spite of myself. We have 2 children--a son 27 and a daughter 25. Both have married over the last 2 years-- we like their spouse. We have a terrific little Westie named Maggie who keeps us busy-- and she loves to walk.

Personal Info you would like to share: Daughter of an alcoholic-- married the son of one so we are careful drinkers, but not so careful eaters. Sweets not rum? I have some real issues I still need to face. The biggest problem we face as a couple is that he travels a lot--- gone 4 or 5 days a week. He eats on the road and I eat to block the loneliness.

Biggest Weakness in the Weight Loss Journey: sweets/ carbs to dull any pain.

What do you hope to Gain from this Book: A better understanding. I want to know what I am afraid of if I lost weight.

Please add anything else on here that you think would help us help you reach your goal..... I need help to find the way to leave the weight behind-- to make it non-issue.
tcstart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2004, 11:05 AM   #90  

S/C/G: 344/279.1/???

Height: 5'6"

Name (Nickname): Dawnyal

M or F:f

Weight/ Goal Weight: started at 289.5/282/150 or lower

Height: 5'6"

Family: Married to Jeff will be 2 years in June. I have a 9 YO stepson with ADHD. We have a 15 month old daughter, Lilly, and a 2 1/2 month old son, William. Three dogs-Gordy and Princess are chiweenies (half chihuahua half daschund) and a collie mix, Charlie. Two horses Patches and Orphan Annie

Personal Info you would like to share: I live litterally out in the middle of nowhere but it's so peaceful

Biggest Weakness in the Weight Loss Journey: not being able to stop eating when I'm full and portion control

What do you hope to Gain from this Book: A sense of well being and to be able to reasonably and sensably lose my weight and keep it off
barbygirl43 is offline   Reply With Quote