YOU: On a Diet - and other Oprah inspired diets Includes Dr Phil, Bob Greene, and YOU: On a Diet

Old 09-27-2003, 09:17 PM   #46  
you can call me flower

S/C/G: 205/165/149

Height: 5-5

Flower-aka audri
Married, 3 sons, ttc a 4th.
age 34 housewife ft, crafter pt
home-fallon NV
weight 214-goal 149!
Lowest since having children 160, highest-right now!
almost 5'5"
want to overcome-emotional eatting and enjoying life again!

Last edited by flower; 09-27-2003 at 09:19 PM.
flower is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2003, 12:40 PM   #47  

Default bio

Name (Nickname): David Wagner (Super Dave)

M or F: Male

Weight/ Goal Weight: 222 goal 190

Height: 5’ 10”

Family: married 45 years 2 children 3 grandchildren

Personal Info you would like to share: Been overweight most my life, been on 20 or more diets, lost 32 pounds on Adkins, trying South Beach Diet, now and read Dr phils book and working on this Merry go around.

Biggest Weakness in the Weight Loss Journey: Lose the weight and in one year put it back on. I have keep it off for 18 months this time and have been at a stand still of 222 for 3 months. Lose 2 pounds gain 1 back. My biggest weakness is I never made my diet a way of life and need to.

What do you hope to gain from this Book: I have the knowledge of the book, I need to commit to it and clear a few issues, I have and work through it with a group of supporters.
SuperDave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2003, 01:17 PM   #48  
Psalm 91:9-11

Location: I am from 29 Palms, California... but now live in Northeast, Ohio

S/C/G: SW-245.5/CW-209/GW-170

Height: 5'5"

Smile Welcome!

WELCOME DAVE! You are our first guy in the book club, so happy you joined us.

Don't forget to join the chats under the BOOK CLUB : DR PHIL'S RIGHT THINKING. Link below...

http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/show...threadid=32571
SunnyD57 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2003, 01:11 AM   #49  

I hope it isn't too late to join this thread, and I hope you don't mind if I do. I am starting this journey again.....I now weigh enough for two people and I hate the way I feel and the way I look and I truly need some help or I will never make it. I have tried to do this on my own and get discouraged for lack of results and support. I am hoping that I can find that here.

Name (Nickname): Yvette

M or F: F

Weight/ Goal Weight: 255/135

Height: 5'2"

Family: I have five children

Personal Info you would like to share: I am having a very difficult time losing weight and staying motivated

Biggest Weakness in the Weight Loss Journey: I get stressed/depressed about not keeping on track and eat even more.....

What do you hope to Gain from this Book: A reality check, that it is ok to be me, and like who I am, and that I can't fill all the holes in my heart with food, and that being healthy is the optimal goal not being thin.

Please add anything else on here that you think would help us help you reach your goal.....I can't seem to stay motivated and eat a ton of junk food. I need to cook healthier and eat healthier, and I feel self destructive when I eat, because it is all the wrong things.

mommyof5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2003, 06:36 AM   #50  
Psalm 91:9-11

Location: I am from 29 Palms, California... but now live in Northeast, Ohio

S/C/G: SW-245.5/CW-209/GW-170

Height: 5'5"

Angry Welcome

NEVER - EVER - Too late to join in! WELCOME YVETTE!!

Come on in anytime you are ready!
SunnyD57 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2003, 05:49 PM   #51  

Name (Nickname): Cheryl

Weight/ Goal Weight: 361/160

Height: 5'4"

Family: Single with 2 wonderful daughters aged 32 and 24, and 2 grandsons aged 10 and 7 who call me Fiff and think I'm the smartest person alive, one little dog named Mickey

Personal Info you would like to share: I have worked at the same job for 22 years and gotten older and fatter every year. Now the company I work for is going out of business and I am scared to death no one will hire me at my weight and my age. I have truely hit bottom so I have no where to go but up from here.

Biggest Weakness in the Weight Loss Journey: how to pick up the pieces and get started and then keep the motivation

What do you hope to Gain from this Book: an understanding of why I am eating myself to death and hope that it can be changed before it's to late
Cheryl7777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2003, 06:21 PM   #52  

Cheryl:

Glad you could join us! The people here are wonderful and supportive. And Dr. Phil's book is great.

Tricia
Lavender Fields is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2003, 03:22 PM   #53  

Default Opps!

Alright, I am all confused. I looked at one of the other threads and it seemed as though you guys had already achieved your goal weight, so I posted in the General Diet board to get newbies.

I totally want to join. I will need all the support I can get .

I will cut and paste what I put on the thread I started in this board. Again, very confused. I need to catch up on the reading, not too far behind though.

Hi my name is Tara!
I am a 30 year old female.
My current weight is ~250, I need to get a scale, weighed 243 at last dr. visit and know I have gained since. My goal weight would be in the range of 155-171 because I can't figure out if I am medium or small boned.
I am 5'9"

Family: I have been with my husband for a little over 4 years and we celebrated our one year wedding anniversary last month. I have a yellow lab, Chloe, my little pride and joy.

Personal info: I have had my ups and downs with my weight. In high school I weighed 150 and thought I was fat compared to everyone else, what was I thinking. Shortly after graduating, I went up to 205. After college I went down to 145 for about 3 years. Met my husband, by 1999 I was back up to 228. Went down to 195 for my wedding and since then have gone down hill. There is a trend with this, my health is suffering and I feel as though I have hit rock bottom. I am ready to take control over my life.

My biggest weakness: I have a lot of bitterness toward my family and I can't seem to get over the past. Since I have basically taken care of myself since high school, I have noticed that when I am completely alone I am in control of everything, but when I have to manage my time, i.e. with my husband, I lose control. Not sure if that makes sense, but one friend told me once that he thought I was an all or nothing type of person. I either go all out or I don't do anything and that seemed to stick with me.

What do you hope to Gain from this Book: I hope to learn how to deal with my emotions, manage my life in a balanced way (not all or nothing), and hold myself accountable for everything that I do to live a healthy happy life.
FindingMe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2003, 08:05 PM   #54  

Welcome Cheryl and Tara! I got much 'self-help' from Dr. Phil's SELF MATTERS, but learning even more about myself with the Challenge. I hope you will join in the discussions, and as you can see from this thread, you are not alone. I sincerely believe there is help here for all of us.

dip
diphthong is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2003, 05:42 PM   #55  

Name (Nickname): Marilyn

Weight/ Goal Weight: 282/150

Height: 5'7"

Family: Divorced since June after 35 years, three grown daughters ages 30, 25, 24, three grandchildren, GS 9yo, GDs 6yo and 4yo

Personal Info you would like to share: It's a new start for me. I weighed 130 when I met my ex and have gained over the years due to stress, anger, boredom, poor self image. I want to find out who this person is that lives inside me and all these protective layers of fat.

Biggest Weakness in the Weight Loss Journey: Myself. I have to reprogram my mind after all of these years to think and live healthy and that looks like an awesome job in my mind.

What do you hope to Gain from this Book: Life, health and the pursuit of happiness!!

Please add anything else on here that you think would help us help you reach your goal..... I haven't been a yoyo dieter in the past. I have a lot of fear of losing weight. I'm afraid of trying and failing. I'm afraid of succeeding and not knowing how to live as a "normal" person.
Libra925 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2003, 11:35 AM   #56  
Domestic Goddess

Better late than never? I've been trying to read everything that's been posted . . . I guess it's time to introduce myself and join in!

Name (Nickname): Kerrie

M or F: Female

Weight/ Goal Weight: 219 (this morning!) goal 125 or so

Height: 5’ 2 1/2"

Family: married 13 years to a very supportive man, 1 ds who is 11, then 3 dd's who are 8, 6, and 2

Personal Info you would like to share: I've been battling my weight in increasing measures from high school, when I only thought I was fat, to college, when I actually was maybe 5 lbs. overweight, then seesawing over the years to ever higher highs. I've actually lost 35 lbs. this year, then have regained 15 or so already of those! Got to stop it now!!!

Biggest Weakness in the Weight Loss Journey: Like Tara, I tend to be an all-or-nothing person. If I can't do it perfectly, why bother?! I've been working on this issue all year and I think I'm improving, but . . .

What do you hope to gain from this Book: I think that Dr. Phil has a good approach to life--"get real" and all that. I am really hoping to learning how to be self-disciplined and hoping that it will also help me in some other areas of my life besides weight control.

Last edited by Kerrie; 10-07-2003 at 11:40 AM.
Kerrie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2003, 04:35 PM   #57  

Name (Nickname): Michele (AussieBikini)

Weight/ Goal Weight: 280/135

Height: 5’ 4"

Family: single

Personal Info you would like to share: My weight has gone steadily up since I left high school, went to college, graduated law school and then moved 3000 miles from my family. I've managed to lose a little but I get discouraged because it doesn't come off as quickly as I'd like.

Biggest Weakness in the Weight Loss Journey: Count me in the "all-or-nothing" group. Everytime I have a little setback, I give up.

What do you hope to gain from this Book: I'm hoping this book will teach me to keep going even when life gets stressful and that I am worthy of being thin and healthy.
Aussie Bikini is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2003, 01:54 PM   #58  

Name (Nickname): Elizabeth

Weight/ Goal Weight: 198/155

Height:5' 8"

Family: Married for 3 1/2 yrs to man who tells me daily I'm beautiful. Two boys ages 3 and 19 months

Personal Info you would like to share: I went to the gyn for my anual visit and was told that if I gain 2 more lbs My B.C. will be inafective this kicked be into gear.

Biggest Weakness in the Weight Loss Journey:When my last son turned 1 I reallized i had not lossed weight since my 6 week check-up I kicked it into high gear. lost 10 lbs then got pregnant and soon after lossed the baby. It has been a downward spirl from there.

What do you hope to Gain from this Book: The ability to finaly beat this cycle
emwalker22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2003, 04:58 PM   #59  

S/C/G: 245/245/130

Height: 5'2"

We Now Have 51 Members !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Angel26519 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2003, 02:19 PM   #60  
Imagine...

Name (Nickname): sflake

M or F: Female

Weight/ Goal Weight: 225 / 150...started at 245

Height: 5'6"

Family:married 14 years with pets

Personal Info you would like to share:
Never really noticed I was fat until recently. Sure a few pounds here & there but until my Dr. said I was obese.... I was mortified. I tend to look at things not as they really are I guess. I was a skinny kid and in my mid 20's just kept adding a few pounds every year. I'd say I tend to celebrate & love with food. I didn't think I was an emotional eater, guess what...I was dead wrong.

Biggest Weakness in the Weight Loss Journey:
Exercise and sticking with it.

What do you hope to Gain from this Book:
Self awareness & insight.

Please add anything else on here that you think would help us help you reach your goal.....
Nothing really, it's all up to me, but it is nice knowing we all share the same struggles.
sflake is offline   Reply With Quote