YOU: On a Diet - and other Oprah inspired diets Includes Dr Phil, Bob Greene, and YOU: On a Diet

Closed Thread

Old 07-01-2008, 12:49 PM   #1  
Lovin' Zumba!

Default YOU: On a Diet - July chatter

Happy July!

Ok, the July points challenge has been officially kicked off! Let's see what we can accomplish in July together!

I've already got in my exercise point - did my 30 minute walk this morning. I'm starting out slow for a few weeks, but will be up to my lifting and cardio workouts before you know it.

Welcome Ledom and mkat - glad to have you join Kim and I! Let's keep the chatter here on this thread, and we'll just use the sticky to track our points progress.

Ledom and I are friends from way back - used to do Body for Life (BFL) and Jillian's programs together. Kim and I have been here in the YOU: area for a year and a half. Patti is around some days too.

I'll be doing a higher-protein version of YOAD as well as the workouts for BFL, once I get my body back used to exercising a bit. I've regained 50# since I stopped doing BFL 4 years ago, and want to get myself back to the shape I was then.

So, this month may or may not include the start of my challenge, but it will definitely be the start of my working my way back to a healthier me!
Cindy

Last edited by BfL_Cat; 07-01-2008 at 08:49 PM.
Old 07-01-2008, 07:10 PM   #2  
Chick

S/C/G: 257.5/239.75/155

Height: 5'7 1/2"

Thanks for starting us out Cindy. I'll check in later after I have made it through the day. I have done water and exercise, so far so good w/ food.
Old 07-01-2008, 08:59 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 256/203/150

Height: 5'5"

Whew..tough day and I felt like skipping the exercise since it is month end close but felt I needed to get my frustrations out in some form and what better way then to hit the pavement. Tomorrow morning will be my workout at the YMCA. Feel so much more in control after a successful day! Yes, can't wait to see how we all do.
Old 07-02-2008, 12:35 PM   #4  
Lovin' Zumba!

I was going to give myself points for staying off the scale during the week, but I'm actually glad I did get on it this morning - because now I don't have to change my ticker! I was actually up a bit from it and was contemplating changing it. But this morning I was at my ticker weight!

So, the good news is that I've actually managed to keep off the weight I lost doing WW points! I'm pretty happy about that!

This weekend will be a bit of a challenge, but I'm gearing up for it - lots of chicken and salad fixin's available for me when everyone else is lazy and wants pizza.

Hope you gals are having a good one!
Cindy
Old 07-03-2008, 10:10 AM   #5  
Lovin' Zumba!

Why is it that change of routine seems to mess up my eating so much? Today I'm working from home (camp actually), and despite the fact that every other weekday I have a Zone bar for breakfast, today I'm still hungry! Usually the bar will hold me until 11, when I'll have a small snack. Today I'm pacing the kitchen, just because I can!

I just found out about CSAs - community supported agriculture, and was thrilled to find one that hadn't started yet. So, I plan to join - you sign up for the season, pay a fee, and get boxes of local produce throughout the summer season, and into the fall. I plan to share with a coworker, since there would be way too much food for DH and I. But I'm excited to try this - we only have produce in grocery stores here - no local "fruit market" type stores and very few farmers markets that I can get to. This will be a way to get fresh veggies into our diet, and will force us to try new stuff, new recipes, because you get what you get, and then have to use it!

I'm up here with all my chicken and veggies - I've made a plan for the weekend - let's hope I can stick to it!
Cindy
Old 07-03-2008, 01:57 PM   #6  
Chick

Cindy - I have the same problem in the summer. At work I am busy and just get into more of a routine. At home the routine goes out the door. I hope you do have some little treats planned for yourself that are within your calorie range. Some way to treat yourself. At any rate - have a wonderful holiday.
Old 07-04-2008, 12:48 PM   #7  
Lovin' Zumba!

Happy 4th everyone!

I'm feeling rather smug right now - had to run to get a few grocery items this morning, and on the way back DH wanted McDonald's! Anyway, we went in, and I sat there and drank diet coke while he ate his stuff. I came home and am now having the chicken salad lunch I had planned! The rest of the day will be a blur of snack foods, and there will be stuff I'll want to have, so why waste those calories on breakfast (a bunch of people went out - I had a Zone bar), or McD's?

Have a good one everyone!
Cindy

Last edited by BfL_Cat; 07-04-2008 at 07:42 PM.
Old 07-04-2008, 05:36 PM   #8  
Chick

I am going to a party tonight and one tomorrow. Sigh. Last night I went and worked out because I couldn't early in the day or today either. Finished at 8 p.m. and had that olympic size pool to myself - that is when I felt smug.

Keeping points is really making me think twice about things. Water especially, two nights I was drinking water right up until bedtime and I have rethought that. I hate getting up in the middle of the night. Now I am trying to get it in earlier.

But the food, I have been negotiating with myself all day about what I am going to eat and drink. If I can come in with a reasonable amount of calories I'll give myself points, if not, I won't. The food will be not the usual however. I have been able to keep it clean pre-party though.
Old 07-04-2008, 11:12 PM   #9  

Okay...I did great on exercise and water....food....was not what I was hoping it would be. How do you all like keeping points for food, exercise and water? I felt it really helped me last month remain focused. It will do the same for me this month...starting tomorrow. LOL.....
Old 07-04-2008, 11:12 PM   #10  
Chick

One more post before going to bed. I think I did really well today. I ate in moderation, I had a treat, I ate a lot of smoked lean meat. I had a full plate but I filled it with protein and vegetables. I had a small slice of cake. I had 3 small drinks. Proportions were good and at no time did I feel out of control. Well, maybe that 3rd small drink was a little out of control. Headed to bed now. I am only going to count 1 point for today because I didn't exercise either. But, I was active and busy all day and haven't taken a day off in a while.
Old 07-05-2008, 10:13 AM   #11  
Lovin' Zumba!

Yesterday wasn't horrible for me food-wise, but if I'm honest about it, it was not on plan, so I shouldn't get the points. No points for exercise or water either!
But I'm ok with that - it was a holiday, and I did what I wanted - wasn't out of control, but ate things I shouldn't have.

Today is a new day, and I'll be back on track!

Kim - I like reporting in these points - helps me to think about staying on track. Thanks again for the idea!

I was so lazy - slept in 'til 9, so just having my moring coffee now!
Cindy

Last edited by BfL_Cat; 07-05-2008 at 10:14 AM.
Old 07-05-2008, 03:26 PM   #12  
Chick

Go Cindy - sleeping late is good!

I was down a bit this a.m. so I know my treats yesterday were within reason. Today is the really big blowout with my friends and I plan to have what they are having. Did a knockout Y trip this a.m. so I feel good about that.
Old 07-06-2008, 04:11 PM   #13  
On A Mission

S/C/G: 250/ticker/140

Height: 5ft 3in

Good afternoon all. I've been super busy the last few days so I haven't been planted in front of my computer like I usually am. I updated my post in the challenge thread and as it shows, I haven't been on my a-game either. That has got to stop. I want to do Body For Life and I want to do it now so I have to stay on my A-game, and I have to bring it every day, all day.

Weighed in at 191.4 this a.m. & 45.5% total body fat. So I didn't loose but I didn't gain either. which is unusal for me but I'll take it.

For today I'm working on the eating/having a meal replacement every 3 hours, and later going for a walk. I am a day shy of 3 weeks past breast reduction surgery, so I'm not allowed to do a whole lot that I am dying to do like running/hard core jogging, or even most exercises/exercise videos. I am going to pop a transFIRMation DVD into the player after bit and see if I can modify it to fit my restrictions and still work up a sweat.
Old 07-06-2008, 06:28 PM   #14  

Stood in line for 1 hour and 30 mins today at Toys R Us for a Wii Fit.....man, what a workout. I played for 30 mins and just finished up...whew.....I will finish up with a 30 min walk tonight as soon as the sun starts to set since it was over 90 degrees today. I did some bending over and standing up to collect the weeds I pulled last night. I have a hard time in the heat but I feel a sense of accomplishment when my yard looks nice.
Old 07-06-2008, 09:15 PM   #15  
Lovin' Zumba!

Hey Mkat - glad to see you! Reduction surgery - wow! I've always considered it myself - in fact that is one of my goals for losing weight - once I get myself to a stable weight, I want to have a reduction/lift (believe me, I'll need it!). I'm guessing you can't really do much upper body lifting while you are healing.

I was going to try to start my challenge tomorrow, but I've decided to wait a week - I need some time to get myself organized, and I need to spend some time at that gym seeing what they have. I'm one of those BFL fanatics who won't go to the gym without my entire workout planned and on the chart ahead of time. So, I think it will just be cardio for me this week, and then I'll hit it hard next Monday.

Kim - a Wii Fit - how fun! I can't believe you had to wait so long in line for it! I hope you decide it was worth it!

Ledom - Hope you survived your weekend. My 4th was a wash, but the rest of the weekend was not so bad. Home from camp now - the poor kitties were totally out of dry food by the time we got home! We have one of those "dispenser" type of feeder bowl, but both of us forgot to check the level in it before we left. Poor things were pretty hungry!

Well, I'd better attend to my laundry - have a great week everyone!
Cindy
Closed Thread