YOU: On a Diet - and other Oprah inspired diets Includes Dr Phil, Bob Greene, and YOU: On a Diet

Old 06-23-2008, 12:22 PM   #1  
I can do it !!!!

Height: 5'6"

Default Saw a recipe on Discovery Health/Dr Oz last night..need help

I did not have anything to write with, and I saw them whip up a recipe with walnuts, tomatoes and _________________, then they rolled it up in a gigantic piece of lettuce -- okay so it probably was not lettuce, but it was a huge green leaf.
The missing ingredient sounded like "salauntra", or something like that, I've never heard of it. The Doctor mixed some of it in a blender....the girl he fixed it for said "do you think I can trick my family into thinking this is meat?".
It looked good. I love tomatoes and walnuts --- and from the conversation they were having -- it sounded like it would be great for my health.

So --- salauntra anyone?????? What is that, how do you spell it, and where do I buy it? THANKS!!!!
2Bthinagain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2008, 12:30 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 158/142/at or below 135 lbs.

Height: 5'5"

Sounds to me like you mean "cilantro" - it's one of my favorite herbs. It's basically mexican parsley - it's used in Mexican cooking and also in Thai cooking. I love the flavor, and I buy it frequently (a bunch at WalMart or Food Lion is about $.79). I've tried growing it, but it goes to seed very quickly here in hot Virginia. BTW, the seeds are the spice you know as coriander.

I think the lettuce he rolled the mixture in was probably just a big leaf lettuce - romaine can work for wraps.
walking2lose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2008, 12:44 PM   #3  
I can do it !!!!

Height: 5'6"

Oh great - thanks for the name....does that recipe sound like a decent one?
With the tomatoes, walnuts and cilantro? I dont remember how much he used of each, but it couldn't possibly be many calories and no fat right?
2Bthinagain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2008, 12:49 PM   #4  
Finding My Bliss

S/C/G: Fit & Fat!

Height: Tall & Strong, Baby!

Walnuts have fat (healthy fat!). I think making a "pesto" type sauce is good in a wrap. I've made one with walnuts, cilantro, garlic, a bit of oil, pepper, salt and citrus juice before.
SoulBliss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2008, 12:49 PM   #5  
prepare for the BEST time

I'm sure if you go to his website it will list the recipe...
marbleflys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2008, 12:50 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 197/135/?

Height: 5'7"

Anything with nuts and/or cilantro has to be tasty in my book

But with walnuts in it, it is not going to be nonfat, and depending on how many walnuts, may not be low calorie. I doubt Dr. Oz used an unreasonable quantity of nuts. Walnuts are excellent nutritionally, so don't avoid them, just don't eat large amounts every day.
JulieJ08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2008, 08:38 PM   #7  

S/C/G: 256/203/150

Height: 5'5"

I found a recipe called Tomato-Avocado Salsamole but there isn't walnuts in it.
1/4 cup finely chopped red onion
1 teaspoon minced jalapeno, or more to taste
1 tablespoon lime juice
1 tablespoon cider vinegar
1 teaspoon minced garlic
1/4 teaspoon salt
1 ripe avocado (preferable Hass), peeled, pitted, and couarsely mashed
1 medium tomato, chopped
1/4 chppoed cilantro
Combine onion, jalapeno, lime juice, vinegar, garlic, and sale it a bowl. Add avocado, tomato, and cilantro; stir well. Serve immediately or, to store, reserve avocado pitt, add to mixture to prevent browning, cover tightly with plastic wrap, and refrigerate. Serve with lightly toasted whole wheat pita cut into triangles or lettuce leaves.
Iwanawurkit is offline   Reply With Quote