YOU: On a Diet - and other Oprah inspired diets Includes Dr Phil, Bob Greene, and YOU: On a Diet

Old 04-02-2008, 04:05 PM   #1  
weightwatchergirl

S/C/G: 224.4/211.8/160

Height: 5'6

Default How does this food plan look?

I made this for myself after reading the YOU books - I am also vegetarian so this is what I came up with - what do you think?

Have 5 Almonds before each meal with lemon water – Tea after each meal

Breakfast: High Fiber Cereal with Flax meal and cinnamon and berries

Morning Snack: berries and protein shake

Lunch: ½ can lentil soup and veggie salad or mixed steamed greens with grains

Afternoon Snack: orange or apple and protein shake

Dinner (7pm): 4 egg whites, red bell pepper, and spinach

Desert: 1oz dark chocolate and tea

Need:
Take my vitamin
calcium and antioxidant

Veggie Salad:
Avocado
Beets
Cabbage
Carrot
Celery
Mushrooms
Lettuce

Wilted Salad:
Quinoa
Kale
Wilted Greens
Onion
Olive oil
Garlic
Mushrooms
Carrot

Is there anything that you think is missing since I am a vegetarian?

Thanks so much!
weightwatchergirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2008, 06:11 PM   #2  
Lovin' Zumba!

I think it looks pretty good - not being a vegetarian, I'm always wondering how vegetarians can get enough protein in. I think you might be a little light on fiber - this may cause you to be hungry. How about adding some whole wheat bread or roll to a meal? Or adding some beans or chickpeas to some meals?

I would also check your protein shakes to make sure the sugar content isn't too high.

Try what you have here and see how you feel. If you are feeling hungry, make some of the changes I suggested - one of the keys of this diet is that you shouldn't ever feel hungry on it!
Cindy
BfL_Cat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2008, 06:27 PM   #3  
weightwatchergirl

S/C/G: 224.4/211.8/160

Height: 5'6

Awesome! Thanks so much! I could easily add some beans to the salad and other places!

Thanks!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by BfL_Cat View Post
I think it looks pretty good - not being a vegetarian, I'm always wondering how vegetarians can get enough protein in. I think you might be a little light on fiber - this may cause you to be hungry. How about adding some whole wheat bread or roll to a meal? Or adding some beans or chickpeas to some meals?

I would also check your protein shakes to make sure the sugar content isn't too high.

Try what you have here and see how you feel. If you are feeling hungry, make some of the changes I suggested - one of the keys of this diet is that you shouldn't ever feel hungry on it!
Cindy
weightwatchergirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2008, 11:22 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 240/181/125

Height: 5'5"

Looks very healthy! Honestly, I would be starving if that is what I ate in a day, but if you can do it then awesome. If you do struggle with hunger, I would replace the protein shakes with real food. Although as a veg you need to be concerned about protein, I think that the egg whites and presumably milk in your cereal are a good start, but what about a veggie burger on a whole wheat bun (that would be about 12 grams of protein in the burger and 6-10 in the bun, which is comparable to some protein shakes and would be more satisfying). Or maybe replace one of the shakes with some yogurt with nuts, oats, and some protein powder mixed in. Just some ideas in case you are too hungry drinking 2 protein shakes. Your menu looks good, though.
Hannah25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2008, 07:17 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 256/203/150

Height: 5'5"

My protein shakes I have for breakfast after my workout include 1/4 cup frozen cherries or strawberries. I also add ground flax seeds and make my protein shake with soy milk.....I have no problems with that satisfying me until snack time 3 hours later...sometimes its 4 hours. Your meal looks good to me but like Cindy said, you shouldn't be hungry on this.
Iwanawurkit is offline   Reply With Quote