YOU: On a Diet - and other Oprah inspired diets Includes Dr Phil, Bob Greene, and YOU: On a Diet

Closed Thread

Old 01-14-2008, 07:51 PM   #46  

Cindy Id like your recipe for hummus...i buy it and its way too expensive.
Ease into the fiber...good advice....ohhh I had stomach cramps the first week and the sugar withdrawal gave me a HUGE headache for about 4 days. Tells you something dosnt it?
Diva diving intot he choc is ok but just make sure its at least 70 percent coco and limit yourself to one tiny piece...
Hope you feel better soon Jean
Denise tell your sister about tai ji...apparantly there is a form for people in wheelchairs..its very good for circulation and keeps your joints moving. I love it!
71...(yes we do need a name for you haha) do this for yourself not for your kids..they love you for who you are..not what.. as for exercising? well Im sure if you google exercises for sitting down you will find some good ideas.
Good luck!
Ok im off now..had a great POP day today. Love those days...
Old 01-15-2008, 11:28 AM   #47  
You! On a Diet Groupie

S/C/G: 180.5/170.5/130.5

Height: 5' 4"

Good Morning

I have been MIA for the last week, no time for the computer. I have lost 5 pounds in two weeks . Good choices are made one minute, one hour, one day at a time, creating a great new life.

I had two YOU! turns this week. Once after my wallet was lost/stolen and a party at our house. Neither time did I make really bad choices just not the same choices that I had been making.

My legs are recovering very well. My doctor is very happy. I start clean-up treatments in two weeks. I am hoping the purple pigment in my skin where the vein is dissolving will be gone soon.

Today I resurrected my Fit Day Food Journal. I was pleasantly surprised when I saw the nutrition information for my Banana Nut Oatmeal with 1 cup of 1% Milk; 405 cal, Fat 22%, Protein 33%, Carbohydrates 45%, 14 g Fiber, 32 g Protein, Calcium 439 mg, and 9 g Iron. This is one well balanced meal .

Have a YOU! day everyone.
Old 01-15-2008, 05:47 PM   #48  

S/C/G: 256/203/150

Height: 5'5"

5 pounds less of me this week!!!! Yay!!!! Good to see progress but I just needed to kick my butt in gear!!! Yes......ease into increasing the fiber, for sure.! It works as good as the diet tea I found that will make you go if your corked up. Feeling great and I found swim socks for water aerobic classes. I am going tonight so I need to get my dinner in before I head out! Just wanted to report in.
Old 01-16-2008, 09:57 AM   #49  
Back on the wagon

S/C/G: 205/162/125

Height: 5'1"

Hi everyone! Just a short note (I may have some more time this afternoon but am kind of slammed now.) I did go to the doctor and have acute sinusitis, so as soon as I hear back from the pediatrician about the safety of the antibiotics I was prescribed and breastfeeding, I'm on the road to recovery. CAN'T WAIT! I really miss how good I feel when I exercise regularly. It's weird but I'm actually missing exercise.

Cheers!
Old 01-16-2008, 12:49 PM   #50  
Lovin' Zumba!

Hi gals! Hey Jan - good to hear from you again. Kim - wow, you are really on a roll - keep up the good work! Jeanie - good news about the doctor visit and hope you're recovered soon.

Patti - the hummus was pretty simple - 2 cans chickpeas, zest from one lemon, 2 cloves of garlic, 1/3 c. fresh flat-leafed parsley, the juice from that same lemon, 2 T. of olive oil and 1/4 c. of tahini (sesame seed paste). All mixed together in the food processor. Next time I might try roasting my garlic - it's a bit strong, and I think I will leave out the parsley - it tasted a bit "green" for my liking.

I've been quite good food-wise for the past few days, but my weight and waist are not budging. But, I have to admit that I am not doing any walking or other exercise - this weather and darkness just has me feeling so lazy! I really need to shake that off!

Did the YOU:bies all measure your waists when you started? If so, have you seen any difference already? And if you didn't please do so - remember, Dr. Oz feels this number is more important than your weight in charting your progress.
Cindy
Old 01-16-2008, 01:05 PM   #51  

ohhh that sounds soo good Cindy Im going to try it this weekend Ineed some chickpeas..I have eveything else. I bought tahini before to make the hummus but the recipe was blech.....mmm love hummus.
Thanks for reminding me about the measuring Cindy..I have to get a new tape measure this afternoon...I have no idea where mine went to? I had two..hmmm
Ive been walking and doing tai ji each day for two weeks straight now..havent skipped a day of exercise yet!! Im on a roll!@
and walking in snow is not easy....good for the legs though I sure can feel it when i get home.
off for hte day so i have things to do..ttyl
Old 01-16-2008, 02:06 PM   #52  
The Dyslexic Typo Queen

S/C/G: 209/155/120

Height: 5'3

Red face

Good afternoon everyone.

I've been doing pretty good staying OP and exercising. The Water weight from TOM steadily coming off. I am peeing like a mad woman! I think I am getting a lot of exercise just running back and forth to the dang bathroom! LOL!

p.a - WTG on the tai ji. I'm glad you're enjoying youself. I think it's so important to find activities we enjoy. It'll make it easier to keep doing them that way huh? hehe Mine seems to be the Aerobic's and dancing in my living room. I am getting a treadmill soon though and will begin doing the c25k thingy. I have never ran before so it should be interesting.

Cindy - Girl I saw you over in TBL forum! You get around. I took my measuremnts on Monday and posted them on my msn space thingy for That Biggest Loser Millon Pound match up thing. The cold weather makes me just wanna stay snuggled under a blanket on the couch all day. i am forcing myself to get up and exercise 5 days a week. Hopefully it'll become a habbit.

kuhljeanie - I hope ya feel better soon. it's hard getting back to exercise after recovering from an illness.

Iwanawurkit - WTG on the 5 LBS less!

winterstar - Congratz to you too on your 5 lbs!!! Not sure what was up with your legs since I am a newbie YOUbie and all, but I am glad they are getting better.

Have a great day everyone!
Old 01-16-2008, 03:29 PM   #53  
You! On a Diet Groupie

S/C/G: 180.5/170.5/130.5

Height: 5' 4"

Good Afternoon

I am having a very BLAH! day. I am making good food choices and have my dinner and snack packed to take to work. This is the type of day I could eat a whole bag of chips and dip. Since I work in a grocery store I have everything at my finger tips. Planning makes all the difference.

Diva ~ I am having my varicose veins fixed. I have had three surgery's since May.

kuhljeanie ~ I hope your feeling better soon.

Iwannawurkit ~ on the 5 lbs gone

Cindy ~ I finally took my measurements today.
Old 01-16-2008, 10:55 PM   #54  

Height: 5'8

Hey everyone-

Good news- I found the treadmill! LOL! I unburied it, had my DH tighten up all the bolts (it was a little wobbly from the move) plugged it in and......well, that's as far as I got. Sigh. I will get back into the exercise groove I WILL!

I did notice that there is an evening water aerobics class at one of the gyms here by our house. My DH has offered to go with me, so I am going to do that on Monday. I used to do water aerobics last year and really enjoyed it. I do much better with a workout partner, so I think this will be good.

BUT, even thought I get a big fat "F" in exercise for the week, my diet or should I say "lifestyle change" is going very well. I am focusing on eating better, more fruits and veggies, and more water. That part is going great. I haven't weighed myself in a long time, but I did just find the scale too!

P.A.- Thanks for recommending Tai Ji- I have never heard of it, but will definitely research that. My sister does a chair aerobic DVD and likes it, but is bored with it. There is really not much out there for seated workouts
Old 01-17-2008, 09:36 AM   #55  
The Dyslexic Typo Queen

S/C/G: 209/155/120

Height: 5'3

winterstar- OMG! 3 surgeries since May? You poor woman! I had "female" surgery in May 2006 and they almost killed me. i haven't wanted to go to the doc since. I hope you get healed up fast!
Old 01-17-2008, 09:40 AM   #56  
Back on the wagon

Thanks for the well-wishing everyone! I'm going to take my horse-sized antibiotics and hope for the best. It's amazing how easy it is to feel okay about eating crap when you're feeling crappy. It wasn't nearly this much of a struggle when I was exercising...doc told me not to work out until the antibiotics are all gone. It makes sense, it just sucks!

Hi Denise, I'm trying to think of other types of aerobic exercise - do you have access to a rowing machine? That can be a pretty brutal workout. I used to belong to a gym at a rowing club and there were some buff people in there.
Old 01-17-2008, 05:28 PM   #57  

Height: 5'8

Hi Kuhljeanie-

Because my husband is in the Army, I have access to several gyms here on post where we live, and it's free. There is every type of machine you can think of. The problem is that I have every kind of excuse I can think of for not going. I am such a SLACKER!!! I have tried a rowing machine before, but it's been awhile.

I am actually excited about the water aerobics class on Monday- I really liked water aerobics when I did them last year. They have an evening class three times a week- M/W/F so that is my goal- I am going to start with three classes a week and try to walk on my treadmill three times a week.

I've been thinking about doing Curves on my lunch break, but I'm not sure. I had a Curves membership for about a year and probably only went 20 times. I liked it because of their "No men, no mirrors" concept, and because they were so friendly and it was easy to do- you just go from machine to machine and don't really have to think too much about what you do next.
Old 01-17-2008, 08:50 PM   #58  
Lovin' Zumba!

Hey gals - sounds like somehow we need to motivate each other to get moving! Dr. Oz says that all we need to just start with 30 minutes of walking a day - and remember, it can be broken down into 2 15-minute segments, or 3 10-minute segments.

How about we start some sort of exercise challenge? Anybody in?
Cindy
Old 01-17-2008, 09:10 PM   #59  
Lovin' Zumba!

Me again - a thread on the whole foods forum reminded me to mention this to all of you:

If you are having issues with gas because of all the fiber this diet is having you eat, make sure you try to get in *probiotic* yogurt into your diet every day - it will definitely help. It can be hard to find - I use the Breyer's Light because I can find it locally, even if the sugar is a bit high (from fruit though). Anyone else know of any other probiotic brands that are good?

And if the yogurt doesn't work, you can take a probiotic - Jeanie can tell us more about that.
Cindy
Old 01-18-2008, 12:32 PM   #60  
Back on the wagon

Thanks Cindy - as a newbie to 3FC, it's exciting to make my name because of successfully overcoming a heartbreaking episode of farting. So inspirational! I use Mega Flora and they work really well. My gas was legendary and I can't say I miss it.

I'd LOVE to do a 30 min walking challenge, just as soon as I'm cleared by my doc. I'm supposed to wait until I'm through the horse pills (another friggin week.) Rize - you can DO it, girlfriend! It's such a struggle getting my lazy a$$ into the gym, but I always feel so good when I'm done, and everything else in my life seems to go better when I'm exercising. I've got a gym at work so I don't have any excuses either (or won't, once I'm healthy.)
Closed Thread