YOU: On a Diet - and other Oprah inspired diets Includes Dr Phil, Bob Greene, and YOU: On a Diet

Old 01-26-2007, 11:54 PM   #121  

S/C/G: 165/see ticker/125

Height: 5'6

Yah, thats a good idea. The 'baddies' as you call them like HFCS are actually in a lot of things that i eat and i know they are bad for me!

I'll go find a list of the banned ingredients for YOU and apply them to SB thanks
RocknRoll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2007, 09:45 AM   #122  

Actually, week three and after on SB are very like YOU and don't limit carbs like the first 2 weeks which are intended to kill sweet cravings.
QuilterInVA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2007, 02:03 PM   #123  

S/C/G: 244/241/175

Height: 5ft 10in

So I totally missed the support thread #4 - just posted most of this there - next time I will look a little harder

Sweetie, I don't see any whole grains here other than your oatmeal. Adding more whole grains will definitely add to your calorie count! Just a thought...

...and hello all. I've had the book since I saw Dr. Oz on Oprah. I read it and immediately put the whole family on a healthier diet. We fell away from it slowly and haven't walked in probably FOREVER. Yesterday, my daughter asked if I remembered cooking more "Italian tomato food" and told me that she missed it. Guess that says it all. Time to go back to the book and remind myself of why we ate "Italian tomato food" so often.

For those of you who haven't found a good tasting, yet still good FOR you pasta sauce, I've come up with one on my own.

Yummy Marinara

2 cans Diced Tomatoes - Ingredients: tomatoes, tomatoe juice, salt, calcium chloride, citric acid
1 can Tomate Paste - Ingredients: tomatoes (who would have guessed?)
1 brown onion - chopped
1 TBSP Exta Virgin Olive Oil
2 cloves Garlic - sliced, smashed or however you want to get it in there
Italian seasoning - mine's from Costco and does the job nicely
1/2 TBSP sugar - can be left out or substitued with Splenda - depends on my mood

Directions:

I put all ingredients into a medium plastic bowl and use my hand shake blender to grind, smash, mutilate it to the right consistency. I suppose you could put it in a blender or food processor. The kids like it chunky, the hubby hates tomatoes, so no chunks for him. Cook over medium heat til warm.

We've tried all of the whole wheat pastas that we could find. My suggestion - keep shopping til you find the right one for you.

Good luck!!

Kyrie

Last edited by Kyrie; 02-23-2007 at 04:01 PM. Reason: because I need a new brain
Kyrie is offline   Reply With Quote