Fried rice

• Does anyone have a good recipe for fried rice. I have been craving this for a while, and before I go off and just order take out, I wanted to see if anyone has a good WW recipe for it.

Thanks!
  • From a WW cookbook:

Vegetable Fried Rice

1 cup thinly sliced carrots
    1 cup sliced mushrooms
    1 cup bean sprouts
    3 garlic cloves, minced
    12 scallions, thinly sliced
    3/4 low-sodium, fat-free chicken broth
    3 large eggs, slightly beaten
    3 cups cooked brown rice
    1 tsp salt

1. Spray a large nonstick skillet or wok with nonstick spray; heat. Stir-fry the carrots, mushrooms, bean sprouts, garlic and scallions until the veggies are tender-crisp, 2-3 minutes. Add the broth and bring to a boil. Transfer to a bowl.

Spray the skillet with more nonstick spray. Add the eggs, cook, stirring to break up the eggs until they are set, about 2 minutes. Add the veggies, rice and salt to the eggs; toss to combine. Cook, stirring frequently, until heated through 1-2 minutes.

Per serving (generous 3/4 cup):
    176 calories
    4g fat
    1g saturated fat
    0g trans fat
    106mg cholesterol
    452 sodium
    29g carbs
    4g fiber
    8g protein
    53mg calcium

Points Value: 3
    Core Friendly

Edited to say .. I haven't tried this recipe, so I can't vouch for the taste, but it doesn't sound very flavorful to me. I love stir-fry's and find them the best dish to improvise. My favorite mix of veggies is broccoli, red peppers, onions, mushrooms, bean sprouts and snow peas in a sauce of soy sauce, ginger, minced garlic, sherry and a few drops of sesame oil,. I don't measure anything, just add to taste. It's fabulous with a little brown or wild rice.
  • this sounds yummy I was visiting another WW group and the leader there likes to take that micro brown rice of uncle bens use your 2 tsp of olive oil and crack an egg add carrots and peas some lite soy-sauce and you have yummy fried rice sounds good have not tried yet.