3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   WW Recipes (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ww-recipes-3/)
-   -   Hi, I am new (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ww-recipes/36830-hi-i-am-new.html)

PCote 02-18-2004 07:15 AM

Hi, I am new

I am 54 and am 5'6" and weigh 257lbs. Ever since I stopped smoking in 1988 my weight has increased. I find I don't have the energy I use to. :(

Suzieqe2 02-21-2004 12:14 PM

Hi! I am also new. I will be 50 in July and I have over 100 lbs to lose. I went back to WW the second week in January and I have lost 14.4 lbs so far. I am determined that this will be my year. I also joined Curves the beginning of November 2003 and I have lost 9 inches since then. With losing that little bit I feel so much better with more energy.

Suzie

momofsix 02-21-2004 08:09 PM

Hi! I am new as well. I will be 40 in July and have already lost about 50 pounds. About 30 on my own and 20 on WW. I still have about 100 pounds to go to get to my goal. I have had a really hard time getting back on track since about Nov. I have recently joined Curves, have been going for about 3 weeks now, and absolutely love it. Will have my first measuring day on the 3rd of March so am a little nervous. I can see little changes in my body already. My legs feel stronger, my upper body feels stronger and for the first time in about 13 years, my ab muscles actually feel a little sore. Forgot I had muscles there. I have also noticed much more energy with Curves.
Reagan

snowyowl 02-23-2004 10:30 PM

Welcome to all of you.

The first step is doing the program. The next is to do the exercise. It sounds like you've found that Curves works for you. That's great. I exercise at home, because I just don't have time to get anywhere else, and I bribe myself by watching the DVDs I have piling up when I'm on the bike.

I only started measuring since January, but in the one month that I started, I noticed the following:

Down 3" on my hips
2" on the waist
2" on the chest
3" on the thighs

I wish I had been tracking since I first joined the program again, but for some reason, I didn't do it.

Measuring is a great way to check progress when the scale doesn't seem to budge. You can see how you feel, how your clothes are fitting, and just how much more you can do as you start exercising. Make sure you track it so you can go back and see what you've accomplished!

Keep up the good work!

audi 03-12-2004 08:42 PM

Hi PCote it took me awhile to find you again. How are you doing? I am still checking it out around here. Looks like a very helpful site. My next mission is to head for the rape measure and then the recipe department here to see what is good for dinner LOL. I am working on the incentive too get started.