Can someone convert this recipe to points please?

• I had found this recipe a while back to make for my grandfather who is a diabetic and we found that we really liked it but now I am trying to do weight watchers and I am not sure how to convert this into a point value per svg. Please help......

Cabbage and Potato Soup
    By: Bill Dietemeyer

4 Medium - Potatoes, peeled & cut into 1/2 inch cubes

One Medium - Onion, Chopped

As Needed - Water

One LB. - Very Lean Ground Beaf ( We usually try to get at least 85% Lean)

One Medium Head - Green Cabbage, Shredded

3 Cups - 2% Milk ( We use fat free milk)

3 TBSP - Flour

To taste - Freshly Ground Black Pepper

1/4 Tsp - Salt (as diet permits)

Put potatoes & Onion into a large pot with just enough water to cover them. Boil until tender.

In the meantime, brown hamburger and drain off the grease.

Add cooked hamburger, shredded cabbage, black pepper and salt to pot

Disolve flour in a small amount of milk. Add remaining milk and flour/milk mixture to the pot

Cook and stir over low heat until heated through.
  • Not on WW but you can use www.fitday.com to get the calories for the whole recipe, divide it into servings and then figure the points. I may be wrong but I think 50 calories is approximately one point.
  • Yup.. 50cal. is like 1 point! and I agree that would be your best bet to figure out your points value on any recipe you are not sure of the points value.. Good Luck!!!
  • Quote: I had found this recipe a while back to make for my grandfather who is a diabetic and we found that we really liked it but now I am trying to do weight watchers and I am not sure how to convert this into a point value per svg. Please help......

Cabbage and Potato Soup
    By: Bill Dietemeyer

7 4 Medium - Potatoes, peeled & cut into 1/2 inch cubes

.5 One Medium - Onion, Chopped

As Needed - Water

21 One LB. - Very Lean Ground Beaf ( We usually try to get at least 85% Lean)

4 One Medium Head - Green Cabbage, Shredded

3 3 Cups - 2% Milk ( We use fat free milk)

1.5 3 TBSP - Flour

To taste - Freshly Ground Black Pepper

1/4 Tsp - Salt (as diet permits)

Put potatoes & Onion into a large pot with just enough water to cover them. Boil until tender.

In the meantime, brown hamburger and drain off the grease.

Add cooked hamburger, shredded cabbage, black pepper and salt to pot

Disolve flour in a small amount of milk. Add remaining milk and flour/milk mixture to the pot

Cook and stir over low heat until heated through.
    When I punched it in, I got 40 points for the whole pot, I listed the individual point counts above. Now, just divide 40 points by however many servings it makes.

Hope that helps.

i just realized that when you add up the numbers I listed, it equals 37 NOT 40, but that is what the recipe builder said , I don't know why the total doesn't add up??
  • Quote: i just realized that when you add up the numbers I listed, it equals 37 NOT 40, but that is what the recipe builder said , I don't know why the total doesn't add up??

Because the calculator just calculates the total points based on fiber, calories, and fat - so it doesn't give you "credit" for the free veggies.