One point chili, with two point alternative recipe

• I am usually in several chat threads here and have found myself giving out this recipe to others often. I went back looking for it in a previous post and couldn't find it. I figured I would bring it fourth in the recipe section. It's good enough to be shared with many people and then I can refer to it more easily in conversation if I need to! It's really great, freezes well and I hope many people can enjoy it. It's not a crock pot recipe, as it makes more than fits in my crock pot and I learned the hard way to put it in a big stew/soup pot on my stove! Don't be afraid to make it, even if you live alone as it does freeze so well and it's low in points and makes a great microwaved lunch! You can even servie it over top of rice or pasta (but counting points of course). This recipe was given out at a WW meeting and then I added more ground turkey and beans as I like a heartier chili, but it works both ways.
    I shall include the 2 point version in parenthesis as it can be made both ways.

One (2) POINT CHILI

10 ounces learn ground turkey (or 1 pound)
    1 medium onion, diced (large onion)
    2 medium yellow squash, diced (3)
    4 stalks celery (I omit this, but it could be in either recipe, I'm allergic!)
    2 green peppers, diced (3 and I like both red and green peppers)
    2 28 ounce cans diced tomatoes
    1 can black beans, rinsed and drained (3 cans assorted beans such as kidney, pinto, chick pea/garbanzo, etc.)
    1 can low sodium beef broth (2)
    1 package chili seasoning mix

1 cup equals 1 point (or two points if you use the more heartier version) and it's 0 points for CORE for either version.

• I love chili. It really looks like a great version here. Could you tell me which Chili seasoning you use because they all taste differently?
  • I love this recipe. I'm rejoining WW's today. The last time I made this recipe every week. Thanks for posting it. I will be using it.
  • Has anyone tried making this without the squash? Is it still good? Sounds great!!
  • i'm wondering the same. Squash is okay, but a bit strange tasting.