Closed Thread

Old 08-30-2006, 07:51 PM   #61  

S/C/G: 187/187/145

Height: 5'03

Hey you guys!!! So far I have had 18 pts. I worked out at Curves and rode my bike 10 miles. You guys have to understand the tension is not really set to where it is hard to pedal on my bike. I set harder little by little. I just watch tv and ride. Lisa, I am glad you had an ok first day of school. You will get back into your workout routine. I know the teachers around here keep really long hours and I know it can be hard. You can do it. When you have your company be strong. You don't even have to tell them you are watching what you eat. Go to Applebee's or Ruby Tuesday. They have ww friendly menus!! Save your 35 allowance pts. Chris, I am glad your sister in law is doing ok. (as well as expected) My friend was on dialaysis and he said it was bad. It is good that she won't have to do that. My friend is completely blind due to his diabetes. Right now he is waiting on a pancreas, so he won't have to do this anymore. He won't get his sight back, but he won't be diabetic anymore. Angel have fun on the field trip. Sounds fun and you will probably walk lots. That is what usually happens when I go on field trips. You guys have a great night!!
Old 08-30-2006, 09:11 PM   #62  

S/C/G: 285.2/285.2/185

Height: 5'9"

Angel, have fun on the field trip!!

Chris, I'm so glad the surgery went well. Keep us updated on how she's doing.

My stepfather has an aneurysm that could burst at any time, apparently, and the doctors want to wait for 3 weeks to operate. Does that sound normal to you guys? My mom is kind of freaking out because she's afraid it will rupture and he'll die before they operate and take care of it. I just don't know much about that stuff -- she said it's in the artery that goes into his stomach. I'm not close to him (obviously I don't want anything to happen to him, though), but I'm really worried about my mom being anxious about it. She's coming up to visit me, along with my brother and his wife and daughter, this weekend. Lots of company and my house is a mess!

Speaking of that, thanks, Paula, for the suggestions about eating out this weekend. What kind of stuff does Ruby Tuesday's have for a WW menu? I've had Applebee's stuff and it doesn't thrill me too much (I really wanted to like the teriyaki shrimp and beef skewers but I find that sauce kind of repulsive and unlike any teriyaki I've ever had!!) I should be able to fit anything in because I'm low on my points so far this week and I have my flex points.

Today I've had 22 points but I'll probably have a light snack before bed and round it out around 25.

I didn't walk this morning but I went to the gym after work and did 35 minutes on the treadmill. Thirty minutes of it, I walked at 3.5 mph, which is a fairly fast pace for me on a treadmill. I pushed myself to stay at that pace for 30 straight minutes, so I'm proud that I did! School was a little stressful today, so I needed to work out and release some of that stress!
Old 08-31-2006, 01:53 PM   #63  
soon to be goddess

S/C/G: 236/216/17?

Height: 5'7"

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hi girls.. I've been lurking the last couple of days and feeling really out of control. Lots and lots of stress. Do you ever get the feeling of an extreme sense of "being overwhelmed"? Not sure even how to explain it but sometimes even the smallest of details seem so huge! I never made it to the gym after yesterdays fieldtrip but I am dressed and ready to go NOW!!! Something...ANYTHING...has to be better than doing nothing.

Listen to this: I was waiting at an office this morning and there was this dad playing with his twin babies( 4 months). So cute....he's going on and on about how they didn't know until the last 3 weeks that his wife was even having twins, just thought one baby. While he's waiting, she finally finishes up her appt and comes out of the office and I was in shock!!!....she was about the size of a 13 yo....like maybe a size 2!!!!...def. hovering around the 100 lb soaking wet range!!! HOW IS THAT POSSIBLE??? She was wearing these low slung jeans, belly ring and showing about 5 inches of her tummy. HOLY COW!!!! Anyway...just had to share that.

LisaMarie.....NOW that is stress!!! Sorry to hear about your stepfather. How is your Mom holding up? I would be freaked out about that also....why are they waiting 3 weeks?....to schedule the appt. for surgery? Hope your day gets better.
Old 08-31-2006, 10:17 PM   #64  

Hey all!! Lisa I am not sure what applebees and ruby tuesday have anymore. Its been awhile since I have eaten there. Look at the websites. I am not sure how many points I have had today. I had some really good baked ziti for lunch with lots of cheese. I didn't do bad, other than the ziti. I worked out at Curves for an hour because I felt really bad about lunch. I rode my exercise bike 10 miles too. Angel I know exactly how you feel about being overwhelmed by the smallest things. It can be hard sometimes. You may not have got to the gym yesterday, but you did today. And if you didn't today you know what you will do tomorrow. I hope you feel better. Lisa, I hope that your day is less stressful tomorrow. Do you have a long weekend, due to Labor day? I do and I am soooooooo glad. It sounds like your weekend is going to be full. I hope everything goes ok for your stepdad and your mom. That's tough. My prayers are with you and your family. Good for you for going to the gym and doing the treadmill. I go straight to the gym right after work and it helps with my stress lots. I also enjoy having "my" time away. Everyone have a great night. Talk to you all tomorrow. Chris I hope all is well with you and your family too.
Old 09-02-2006, 11:37 AM   #65  
Focus on the Process

S/C/G: 247/247/165

Height: 5' 8"

Slow place lately. Well I'll try to post as much as I can but next week I start back to school. I'll be doing some babysitting too...my sister starts her internship. Also, they plan on releasing Robin in 2 weeks after she goes through her rehab. Don't know how that one is going to work yet. We thought we had a couple months to help get her set up in a handicap accessible apt, but....

Anyhow, we are taking off this afternoon to go camping. I'll check back on Monday when we get home. Have a great weekend!

Chris
Old 09-02-2006, 05:12 PM   #66  

Chris, good luck with Robin when she gets released. Whenever you get stressed from the situation, come here for support!

Paula, you're doing such a great job with your workouts. I'm proud of you! It really did feel good the other day to go to the gym and get out some of the stress from work, and I agree with you that it's nice to have that "me" time. Of course my husband is usually across the room at the gym lifting weights, but we get along so well, I never mind him hanging around! He left today for his half marathon. He's running in the morning. He's never done a race that long, but he'll be fine. I'd like to be there with him, but my sister-in-law is coming up tonight because we have concert tickets for tomorrow!! (Priorities, huh?)

I've been under my points target every day this week, though I missed a couple of walks. Tonight I'll probably use lots of my flex points, because I'm taking my sis-in-law to this Italian restaurant she always wants to try when she comes to visit and we never have. They have the best cheesecake in the free world, so I might have to eat half a piece! I plan to order something reasonable and eat half of it along with a glass of red wine, then have half a piece of cheesecake. I'll definitely be over my points for the day, but I haven't used any flex points so far this week.

How's everyone else doing? Just imagine us all a year from now. We're going to be so HOT!!
Old 09-03-2006, 02:34 PM   #67  
soon to be goddess

Hey girls.....Yesterday was an okay day, I got my workout in early but started to feel shake-y and lightheaded so I stopped the treadmill at 45 minutes and went home. Food was good for the day, although I had a little more baked potatoe than I should have but no biggie. I still have that lightheadedness but will just take it easy. I started to take this new multi vitamin and I wonder if it could be that. I was taking them on an empty stomach and I felt nausias (sp?) so I started taking them with food a few days ago to see if it makes a difference. They are the woman's one a day vitamin. Allergies are kicking up again, can't even squeeze a tear out of my eyes they're sooo dry!!! Anywho....enough about me How's everyone doing today?
Old 09-04-2006, 11:03 PM   #68  

Hey my friends!!! I have been sooooo bad. I have been eating whatever I want for 3 days!! Thank goodness tomorrow is a bright new day. Not making excuses for my behavior but my pms has been really really bad!! I have been feeling like jumping out of my skin for 3 days. I have been emotionally drained. Just prior to that good ole monthly visitor. Thanks for listening everyone. I will be back on board tomorrow. Back at the gym and all. Have a great night everyone.
Old 09-05-2006, 11:02 AM   #69  

Hey everyone! I've been kind of bad too. My sister-in-law came to visit and I took her out for some nice fattening Italian food Saturday night, then we ate too much on Sunday too. We went to see a concert Sunday night and were on our feet all night, but other than that I got no exercise Sunday. (The concert was great, though -- John Mayer! Woohoo!)

Even though I had to drive home 2 hours Sunday night and I got home at 2:00am, I got up at 8:00 on Labor Day and did my walk. I had lots of energy (where is it now? ugh) and I tacked the hills like I was Superwoman. Later I did a workout tape to tone the lower body (a Kathy Smith tape -- I'm alternating upper and lower, short 20-minute workouts). I'm going to the gym today after school to walk on the treadmill.

So far today I've had only 2 points (Cheerios), and I may not have time to post later but the plan is to stay under 30, of course.

I weighed in this morning and had lost another pound!

Paula, don't worry. You'll get right back on track. Everyone needs a break sometimes -- that's what keeps us sane!
Old 09-05-2006, 08:26 PM   #70  

Hey everyone!! Lisa good for you for walking and exercising after only a few hours of sleep and on labor day!! And good for you on the loss too!!! You are doing awesome!!! I am back to it today. You are right Lisa about needing a break every now and then. I have not fallen off but a couple of times in 4 months. And when I did I tried to do double on the exercise to make up for my mishaps. This weekend I just simply needed a break. But you know I did not enjoy indulging nearly as much as I used too, which is good. I like to have what I want every now and then, but not all the time. Today I have had 18 pts so far. I will have a snack later. I went to Curves today and I rode my exercise bike 10 miles. Chris are you back from camping?? I hope you had a great time! It is tooo hot for camping where I am. (for me anyway) Is it hot in Montana?? Everyone have a great night!!! bye for now
Old 09-06-2006, 07:00 PM   #71  
Focus on the Process

I'm back. We got back on Monday and I started school today so its just a hectic week already. Well my SIL's release got postponed a tad. She had to go in for another surgery. This time to remove her gallbladder that had the MRSA infection too. My BIL just bought her a newer mobile home a few blocks from our house so she'll be in town when she gets out. I'm not sure if that's a blessing or what. Depends on how much care she needs. There is too much stuff we just can't do for her. She's a large woman, and she's going to need some assistance with bathrooms and showers until they can do a prothetic for her. IT takes 8 weeks for it to heal, and then it takes another 8 weeks or so to get the prosthetic made. I don't know what to do or expect because that's a long time. We are very strapped for time and money right now. Kelly we barely see...when he's home, he's kind of grouchy. That's whats killing me about this all. I don't want to be a selfish brat about it, but there isn't a family life around here at all, and the girls are just edgy and cranky too. We aren't getting anything done. I waited for a month to get my tail light changed. Finally got it done when I started doing it myself. I still have a nail in my tire...from a month ago. I just keep putting air in it. Oh well. The bills are stacking up, and he's missed a few days of work. I just don't know. Sorry for ranting. I'm just kind of lost and I guess scared about what the near future holds. I just can't see the light at the end of the tunnel.

My eating is off but I did manage some exercise last night. I got my student loan coming soon so I'm going to purchase a treadmill to use at home when I can't get to the gym. I'm going to get this weight off if it kills me. The rest of the money I will use on a few bills.

OH well..better go and actually do some homework. The instructors are going to be ruthless this semester. I have assignments for all of my classes due on Friday. Last year they kind of eased ya in the first week. No this time.

Chris
Old 09-07-2006, 12:44 AM   #72  
soon to be goddess

hey girls.....its really late but I wanted to check in. (I'll do personals tommorow.... )I had a good day today. I got tired of sitting around doing nothing and feeling sorry for myself so I got dressed and forced (willed?) myself to the gym. I was glad once I was there mind you....but I HAVE to get back in the habit of JUST GOING!!! My mantra is ...."no more excuses". I gained 7 lbs since the start of the summer and I tried on a pr of capris and they were snug (mind you I'm pre TOM) BUT STILL!!!! NO MORE EXCUSES!!!

chrily....I sent you a pm
Old 09-07-2006, 10:15 AM   #73  

angel-eyes, I hear you on the "no more excuses" thing -- that's what I've told myself too, and I can already feel a big difference in my body because I've been getting consistent exercise. It's weird how it becomes a habit and your body almost starts to crave it. I actually CRAVE walking now, and sometimes I can't help myself from going faster than I intended on the treadmill! I hope it lasts!

chris, I'm so sorry to hear about the hard time you're going through, and I just have to say that I think it shows how incredibly strong you are that you're still making the commitment to get healthy and fit in the midst of all this stress. I have a tendency, in stressful times, to say "forget it...I'm having trouble so I'm going to eat whatever I want." It's silly, but I do it, and I think a lot of people do. I love the fact that you're here posting on the board and getting the support you need and struggling through it without giving up on your goals -- it's inspiring, and it'll pay off in the end, because when your situation improves and you DO see that light at the end of the tunnel, you'll not only be happier but healthier too. Even if your eating isn't where you want it to be, you're still making time for exercise and you're still determined, so I know you'll reach your goals!

I've stayed under my point range this week and walked on the treadmill the last couple of days. Before that, I was walking outside. I get home at 8:00 (even though, as a teacher, I could go home at 3:30) because I wait for my husband and then go to the gym, but I'm determined to keep it up.

Good luck this week, everyone! We're doing great!
Old 09-08-2006, 12:48 PM   #74  
soon to be goddess

hey girls, how is everyone doing? .....not sure if I mentioned, that I've had this nagging hacking cough for the last week so I booked an appt to see the dr. in a few hours. I hope she gives me something for this hacking cough....last night it was a good 2.5 hours before I could sleep (2 am). I felt really bad coughing and spewing because dh came in really late on a flight back from Chicago....turns out he was so exhausted he didn't even hear me coughing. I ended up spending about 30 min in the bathroom trying to stop....over the counter meds just don't work.

I hope to get some sort of workout in today but the gym closes early (2pm) so the dog might be my only hope.

lisamarie.....gosh, those are such late nights but what a committment you've made!!! keep it up!!!

chrily.....how are you doing GF? I hope all those assignments got done and you can take a breather over the weekend. How is SIL doing?

pacemom......How are you? still biking? what a workout queen you are!!! when is your weighin? any losses this week? I am primed for TOM in the next few days, so no weigh in for me. (I don't want to get discouraged with a gain from TOM when I've been OP so well.)
Old 09-08-2006, 07:40 PM   #75  
Focus on the Process

Just checkin in and letting you all know that I'm drowning in homework. These instructors aren't wasting any time this semester. OUCH!

I'm fine...still stresses and still down but I guess I'll just have to work on it. Tonight I'm going to work on my homework while Tiana is skating with her friends. She wanted to do that for her birthday. My baby is 13 yrs old. Well my oldest baby....LOL.

I'm not sure what to do tonight other than that. Kelly will probably want to go to see his sister. I just don't feel like doing that every day. (not trying to be mean, but I have sooo many things going on). Maybe later I can take a bath and soak while I read a textbook. How's that for leisure time activities.

Better go and find something to snack on. Kelly isn't home yet and Tiana's friends will be here in less than an hour.

chris
Closed Thread