Closed Thread

Old 08-09-2006, 07:21 PM   #16  

S/C/G: 187/187/145

Height: 5'03

Hey everyone!!! I missed you all yesterday!! I had class and got home late. I did stay within my pts. I came home after work and rode my exercise bike 20 miles yesterday. I just didn't have time to get online!! Chris I haven't been really feeling all together lately. I have been doing what I am supposed to, but I can tell I am not nearly as fired up as I was. I did weigh this morning and the scales said 171.4. I am gonna wait and change my tracker in a couple of days. Just to make sure. I know my pts. will be changing soon, so I may start trying to do 22 instead of 24. Today I have used 19 pts. I rode my exercise bike 20 miles. I will use my other 5 pts. on a snack. Anyway I guess I will go. Talk to you all tomorrow.
Old 08-09-2006, 09:50 PM   #17  

S/C/G: 285.2/285.2/185

Height: 5'9"

Paula,

You're doing so great on that exercise bike! Do you always eat all 24 of your points? I had been going slightly under my target of 30 but someone suggested the other day that the target should be my minimum. I've been a couple of points over the last 2 days because it's my TOM and I just want to eat everything in sight. I can't stop snacking! Sure, they're little one-point and two-point snacks, but they add up. And I had Chinese food for lunch today, which added up as well!

If I can just struggle through the rest of this week, I'm hoping I can get my focus back. I also have to make sure I start walking again! School's about to start and I know I'll get busy, so I have to make an exercise schedule that works.
Old 08-10-2006, 08:09 PM   #18  

Hey everyone!! Lisa-I usually do use between 22-24. I don't use my activity points though. I know what you mean about tom and snacking. I always want a lb of chocolate, but I settle for m&m's. 5 pts! breakfast-grapes/banana/honeynut cheerios=4 pts. lunch-smartone/10 baby carrots/sf pudding/orange=8 pts. dinner-smartone/broccoli/ww toffee ice cream bar=7 pts. snack-honey nut cheerios=2 pts. I have 4 pts. left. I will probably use them. I am hungry. I rode my exercise bike 20 miles. Everyone have a great night.
Old 08-11-2006, 11:46 AM   #19  
Focus on the Process

S/C/G: 247/247/165

Height: 5' 8"

Lisa, I have a tendency to over eat too with TOM...which has reared its ugly head early this a.m. I do crave certain things but it also feels like I AM hungry. My stomach actually growls. I'm not sure if a person needs extra food at this time of the month or what, but it sure feels like it.

As far as my pts target....I'm 26 pts. I do try to keep that my minimum and then I use 3-4 flex points a day max. if I really feel I need it. If you do go too far below your pt. target...you're body goes into starvation mode and actually holds on to the weight. I thought that was the biggest line of b.s. for the longest time...until my weight stalled before and it wouldn't budge. A WW leader suggested I eat a bit more..lo and behold...the weight started coming off again.

I think each person is different and we all have to find the little tricks that keep us losing.

chris
Old 08-11-2006, 04:39 PM   #20  

Yeah, Chris, I'm in that experimenting phase right now to see what works. I've been eating a few points over my target every day so far this week, so I'm going to see how that affects my weight. Of course, since it's my TOM, the scale might be wacky anyway. I think you're right about your body needing more food at that time, because I honestly feel hunger and have the growling stomach too. It's letting up today because my TOM is winding down, so that has to be it. I haven't been as hungry today as the days leading up to it.

I've had 16 points, so I still have 14, most of which I'll use on the dinner my husband is cooking (lean pork slices, seasoned and baked, a little rice, and some broccoli). I actually walked today (finally! woohoo!) -- I did about 30 minutes, but I really focused on making it high-intensity (as much as I can at my fitness level) for 20 of those minutes. It makes such a difference when you focus on working at a high level instead of just moving your body (though moving is better than sitting on the couch).
Old 08-11-2006, 08:37 PM   #21  

Hey everyone! breakfast-dry honey nut cheerios/orange=5 pts. lunch-lean cuisine/all bran cereal bar/orange= 8 pts. snack-ff pringles/frozen minute maid limeade=2 pts. dinner-lean cuisine=5 pts. 20 pts.so far. I will use the other pts. for a snack later. I rode my exercise bike 20 miles. I was saying on another thread that I have been making myself do ww and exercise this past week. It was coming easy to me, but not so much this week. I think I may just be tired or something. This has been a long week. I had a pk of m&m's on monday and ever since then I have been wanting more. One good thing is that I haven't got off track. I just feel like being off track! I won't give in even though I feel like it. I just wanted to vent. Until tomorrow. Have a good night everyone! Oh yeah, I did lose 1 lb. I almost forgot! That has got to be enough to keep me going!
Old 08-12-2006, 11:20 AM   #22  
Focus on the Process

Lisa...I had a horrible day with the TOM hunger issue. Today I feel a bit different physically, so I think the really bad part has passed. I haven't gained anything so that's good for me. Usually I gain a few lbs while TOM is here. I did a little chart that I carry around in my purse so that I can remember how many points I can eat at each meal and snack to keep me on honest and on track. THAT has helped me out quite a bit. I have two options I give myself but each option totals 26 pts a day and then I am only allowing myself 3-4 flexpts a day for other stuff. I can honestly say.. the last couple of days I haven't kept track of anything. TOM has been esp. vicious so I figured why bother. I'd just feel horrible about what I've done.

Paula-What kind of exercise bike do you have? Recumbent or a regular one. I like the recumbent because your butt doesn't go numb from the seat but my knees hurt faster on those than a reg. one. You are doing awesome. I don't know if I could do 20 miles on a bike or not. I AM however looking into getting a treadmill soon. I have some money from my student loans coming so I'm thinking I'll get a treadmill and then help hubby pay a bill or two. I would like something to do at home when I can't get to the gym, and I love to walk. Maybe I could hone my jogging skills in the privacy of my own home before I embarrass myself at the gym.....

chris
Old 08-13-2006, 01:36 PM   #23  

S/C/G: 257/246/155

Height: 5'6"

Woo hoo! I lost a pound and a half! Now that I'm back at work it is easier to stay away from the food. I'm glad because I was losing motivation.

Kelley
Old 08-13-2006, 02:53 PM   #24  

Hey everyone, Chris, I am not sure what type of exercise bike I have. But my butt does go numb, so it must be a regular one. Good for you Kelley on your loss. Keep going!! Today I have had 12 pts. so far. I gotta go wo wal mart talk to you all tonight. Have a great day!!
Old 08-13-2006, 08:23 PM   #25  

Hey everyone!

I did ok today considering the fact that I was at home all day. I think I just wasn't that hungry because of all that French food I had last night! I weighed myself this morning and I was 255, but my official weigh-in is Tuesday. I'm excited, though, if it stays at that number!

I have 3 points left today and it's nearly 8:30. I'm thinking about making a diet soda cake to snack on this week. Has anyone else tried that? Supposedly you just mix a can of diet soda with any cake mix and it makes 12 one-point slices.

I SERIOUSLY have to get back to my veggies -- I need a trip to the grocery store tomorrow! I'm also going to the store where my husband gets fitted for running shoes so I can get some new shoes to walk in. This nasty bloody blister on my little toe kept me from walking today.
Old 08-13-2006, 09:01 PM   #26  

Lisa, I have tried that recipe for cake before. I used a yellow cake with a diet sprite. I also did a chocolate cake with diet coke. I made muffins with mine. Well cupcakes. I did not ice them though. They were good anyway. I was thinking maybe some of the fat free cool whip would be good for icing maybe? Today I used my other 12 pts. and I rode my exercise bike 25 miles. See you all tomorrow!!
Old 08-14-2006, 05:02 PM   #27  
soon to be goddess

S/C/G: 236/216/17?

Height: 5'7"

Hi girls!!!....I found you!!! YEAH!!!!.....I'M BAACK!!!! from vacation that is!!! I had a great time although we ran out of time....we had sooo much we had wanted to do and the time just flew by. The driving time went well, we divided the first day for the 12 hr and the second day for the 6 hrs. Thank goodness for all the electronic gadgets the boys had. Also proud to say they also read 3-4 books each. Family is all good and boy have they grown, the boys cousins that is..... , one little one was only 3 months old last time we were there and now he is almost 4.5 yo !!! Can't believe he's walking and talking!!! I def. wasn't OP but didn't do too badly either....I tried to balance it all out with occasional desserts added in. I won't weigh in for a little while though, as TOM is here. (blech...) I'll read up all the posts and get caught up later.....NICE TO BE BACK!!
Old 08-14-2006, 07:49 PM   #28  

S/C/G: 257/246/155

Height: 5'6"

HI Everyone,

I did great so far today! I've only used 19 points (including dinner which is coming soon). It is getting easier now that I'm back at work.

Paula and Lisa--I'm definately going to have to try that cake!

Talk to you all soon,

Kelley
Old 08-14-2006, 09:58 PM   #29  

Hey everyone!! Hope you all had a great weekend. Welcome back Angel. Sounds like you had a great time. I bet your family was proud with your 41 lb. loss!! I love going to see my family out of town. So much to catch up on and the time does really go to fast. Anyway I am glad you are back. We missed you. Breakfast-grapes/all bran cereal bar/watermelon=5 pts. lunch-smartone/watermelon=7 pts. dinner-grilled chicken salad/popsicle=8 pts. snacks-grapes/dry cheerios/2 ww toffee icecreams=5 pts. I had a total of 25 pts. for the day. I rode my exercise bike 20 miles. I cannot wait till it cools down a bit. I really miss going on walks with my dogs. I know they miss it too. By the time I get off work I just don't feel like it. I am drained from the heat. I have not been drinking enough water. I am going to get back on track with that. See ya'll tomorrow.
Old 08-15-2006, 01:03 PM   #30  
Focus on the Process

okay..I did my family camping trip and then I put in my day at work yesterday and now its laundry again. I wish the family would pitch in with it a bit more. Drives me nuts. They'll wash...not dry anything, or fold anything and then it gets all wrinkled and has to be redone. YES, I'M VENTING!!!!!

Anyhow, I want to know about this cake thing. Do you just mix a regular old cake mix with one can of diet pop and that's it????

Sorry so short...gotta get going and work on the house stuff some more.

chris
Closed Thread