Closed Thread

Old 07-31-2006, 09:03 AM   #1  

Default Weigh in at home 7/31 - 8/6

Starting the topic. Be right back.

Judy
Old 07-31-2006, 09:15 AM   #2  

Rachel - congratulations on the great loss! You will be under 180 next week I'm sure. Yes, calorie counting and points are basically doing the same thing - you have to expend more energy than you consume to lose weight. Way to go for getting to the gym!

I had a good week but on Friday (!!!!) I got TOM. I *knew* I would not reach my 10% and I didn't - I was up a pound. I knew what the gain was from (TOM) but I was still disappointed. Instead of 0.2 away from my 10% I am now 1.2 away. Oh well, it *will* come off. I have had a rough couple of evenings eating-wise (both days I walked in the pool). Last night was because of an argument with DH - ridiculous because the food didn't (and never does) help but there it is. I counted what I snacked on and I now have 8 flex points left through Friday! It will be very tough since I am at a target of 20 points a day but I figure that whatever activity I can get in I will and will just have to eat low point meals and snack on veggies. I am determined to get to my 10% before we go away out east (2 weeks) and really would like to get there this Saturday.

My only big challenge for the week will be on Tuesday. I'm going out for dinner with a lot of teachers at my school. It will be at a seafood place (the same place Tony and I went to on Friday evening) so that should not be difficult - I will have to limit myself to one glass of wine but I'd have to do that anyway since I'm driving.

The weather here is miserable - it will be in the 90's again today and it's humid. I'm going to spend the day at my mom's pool. Since they are right off the water (north of the island) it is always cooler there.

Have a great one - here's to a "losing week" for all of us.
Judy
Old 08-01-2006, 04:40 PM   #3  

Wow, it sure is quiet here. I had a pretty good day yesterday. I walked in the pool and had a nice day at my parents pool My back was pretty ouchy though but I did a good job of NOT eating through it. I ended up using 1 or 2 flex points - not as good as none but none might be unrealistic.

It is unbelievable hot - it's hit 100 already. I had PT in the morning (for the usual 2 - 2 1/2 hours, did a few errands and then have basically been inside. I should have enough to go out to dinner tonight with some of the teachers at the waterside seafood place. I don't know if they are going to want to eat outside tonight. We're not meeting until 7:30 so hopefully it will be in the 80's by then! In order not to be starving by 7:30 and keep the day low-point, I've been eating a number of small (1-2 point), light, mini-meals and have been trying to spread them out throughout the day. I should have enough points for 1 glass of wine and some baked fish without using any flex points.

Have a great one!
Judy
Old 08-02-2006, 09:16 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 268.8/266.4/145

Height: 5'8"

I'm running in to say "hi" and running right back out. I'll be back later today.

Carla
Old 08-02-2006, 10:49 AM   #5  

I'm now officially at 10 pounds lost.. 3.5 pounds since being on WW. That's an average loss of more than a pound a week, which is a nice healthy loss. I could lose more if I didnt use so many weekly points and exercised more, but I know myself, I have to take small steps. If I change too much at once, I will slip and fall. So, I'm happy with this. At this rate, I might be in a different size jeans around labor day, we'll see

I'm currently stressed at work and at home. Money is becoming tight and my ex has not been paying child support since he lost his job. So as of next week I'm down $2100 I normally would've had by now. I got lucky I got a large tax refund and so I was able to stay afloat with some padding, etc. But my hours just got cut back to 30/week now so I'm a bit worried about the new year with school starting. Seems like especially the first few months of school is nothing but pay for this, pay for that, I need money for this, etc.

I'm trying not to let my stress get to me. Last night I was hungry and we had some leftover pizza.. so I went to grab a piece even though i HATE black olives and it was covered in them and then thought to myself.. "you wont even enjoy it... you're just eating it to have something to eat.." I have to really watch myself when I am stressed. At least I've acknowledged that and can try to combat it now. Journaling every bite helps. I could've done a lot better last week so I am determined to do better this week and show myself I CAN do this.

My eating at work is so horrible. It's already almost 11am and I havent eaten anything! I'm going to eat a cup of applesauce and go out for lunch and get something healthy.. either a salad or a sub. Havent decided yet.

I'm gonna do well today! I can just feel it!
Old 08-02-2006, 11:05 AM   #6  

Carla - I know considering the heat wave you have too, you're not literally running! I think you will probably get some relief before we do - now they're talking about the heat wave lasting through Thursday - ugh! BTW, tonight I'm making your Buffalo Chicken salad and am looking forward to it. I just reread what you did and it looks very yummy!

I had a great time at dinner yesterday. There was a great group of women from school - very funny conversation and it wasn't hard sticking to my plan. I had NO bread (yay!), one glass of wine, baked fish and asked for double vegetables instead of the rice that was served with the fish. We ate inside (it had to be at least 90 deegrees at 8:00) and while it was air-conditioned, it wasn't terribly cool. That made it easier for me to have only 1 glass of wine. Since going off the Estroven, my hot flashes are back and alcohol definitely sets them off. When I got home, I had a couple of snacks but low point and not too much.

I don't have any plans for today other than catching up on things. I started the process of sending out (unsolicited) resumes to school districts to which I have not already made an application and will continue with it over the next few days. I was thinking of walking in the pool today but since my back is achy, I decided to stick with my home-PT program. My PT added more strengthening exercises to my home program which is fine; it makes me feel like I'm "working out" again!

Have a great one and keep cool!
Judy
Old 08-02-2006, 11:11 AM   #7  

Gina - we must have been posting at the same time. Congratulations on your loss and getting to 10 pounds lost! More than a pound a week is a very healthy way to lose weight. I think you are right for taking small steps. Hey, we're in this for the long-haul and I know for myself that if I deny myself something (that I'd use weekly points for), eventually it comes back to haunt me and I binge. I'm sorry for the stress you have with work and money. I hope things work out OK. What a great job you did dealing with the stress by NOT eating that pizza! I *know* you are going to do well because I can "hear it" in your post. I agree that journalling every bite helps. Hmmm, not having breakfast is not such a good thing. Can you have a little something before you get to work or bring something with you? Enjoy your healthy lunch!
Old 08-02-2006, 12:10 PM   #8  
Back on Program!

Hello everyone,
this week has not been going well. Monday and Tuesday I ate all kinds of horrible things! I doubt I will show a loss this week, I am just praying for a maintain instead of a gain!! It was one of those "well I've blown it now so I might as well keep eating whatever I want" things we do sometimes.
I am trying to make up for it today and tomorrow. I went to the gym today and so far I have been sticking with the program no problem. I'll try to do the same tomorrow, only problem is DH is home so I"ll have to have extra will power! Still thinking about what to make for dinner tonight. I had a tomato sandwich and a fat free pudding cup for lunch. Already have half my water in.

Gina--I agree with you about school starting and feeling like every day you have to pay for something else! It's so true! I hope things get better for you financially. Money troubles are so stressful.

Judy--great job at the restaurant! Good luck with your job hunting. Lord knows we need teachers in FL!
Old 08-03-2006, 06:48 AM   #9  
~C~

hey, judy! Long island here!!!! <high five> I've been visiting my family down in Texas for the last month...boy was i surprised to come home and find it 99 degrees here!!! sheesh!!!

Anyway..just got excited when i saw you were here on the island. Suffolk county here!
Old 08-03-2006, 09:56 AM   #10  

Judy - yep we must've been posting precisely at the same time.. hehe. Nice going at dinner. Resisting those lil things they put on the table can be difficult... I do like what Red Lobster does. The kids get to choose as part of their meal an appetizer of either applesauce or veggies and dip. Even though I'm sure the dressing is full-fat variety, its better than eating 5 garlic biscuits. I wish they had better things like this for adults at most restaurants.

Typically I eat breakfast at work because for some reason I just can never eat right when I get up, I need an hour or two first. I did have a half a muffin that I'd forgotten about when I made that post!

I had a veggie sub for lunch and we ate at mcdonalds for dinner. Unfortunately it was one of those ones in a walmart and they didnt have any of their salads. They did tell me they will be expanding their menu to include them soon, so that was good to hear. I went over a few points, but not a ton and I didnt snack on anything the rest of the night, so thats good news for me.

Rachel - Don't fret, youll be back on track soon. That's a hard one to overcome for most people trying to break any bad habit like unhealthy eating, quit smoking, etc. Once you think you've gone offtrack you figure you might as well give up. It can be hard to get back into focus, but it sure sounds like you are doing well.

Today my big questionmark is dinner. I have some ground turkey so I'm thinking maybe turkeyburgers? I'll figure something out

Have a good day all!
Old 08-03-2006, 12:51 PM   #11  

Rachel - Sorry about the rough start to the week. There are a number of "behaviors" that I still am working on (like emotional eating) but one of the things I've been able to do a bit better is to curb the "well I've blown it now so I might as well keep eating whatever I want". Boy oh boy, it's hard but when I've managed to stop it, I've found that the "damage" I've done is really less than my head imagines. I try to remind myself that falling off the "wagon" will continue to happen now and again but what's really important is forgiving myself and getting back on. Way to go for making it to the gym. Mmm, tomato sandwiches - love 'em. I'm still waiting for our beefsteak tomatoes for ripen. I don't know how much we'll get this year - twice already I've seen a darned squirrel carrying off a slightly ripe beefsteak tomato in it's little rodent mouth!

C - Hi Long Islander! Nassau County here.

Gina - WTG on not snacking last night after the McDonald's! Snacking at night is my trouble spot for sure. I would love it if restaurants starting offering veggies for the table. Yes, those garlic biscuits at the table at Red Lobster can be hard to resist.

I had a so-so day yesterday. I *loved* Carla's Buffalo Chicken Salad (and so did Tony). WTG on your culinary creativeness, Carla! My problem was snacking in the evening (what else is new!) It was all healthy stuff, just too much. As a result I have NO weekly points left and am actually in a flex point deficit, although not by too much. My plan for today and tomorrow is to try to stick as close to 20 points a day as I can. I have been earning some activity points with PT stretching and strengthening (and was on the bike at PT today for 10 minutes) so if I eat those I should do OK. This darned heat wave is supposed to break tonight. I hope they are right - I would love to walk in the pool tomorrow morning.

Have a great one and stay cool,
Judy
Old 08-04-2006, 04:01 PM   #12  
you can call me flower

S/C/G: 205/165/149

Height: 5-5

7 pounds gone my first week back on WW.
Old 08-05-2006, 08:57 AM   #13  
Back on Program!

WEIGH IN BLUES!
Hello ladies! My weigh in yesterday showed a whopping 2lb gain! Then this morning I checked just for the heck of it, and I was down 3 from yesterday.
I do think I gained last week, you guys know i went off track, but maybe it wasn't 2 whole pounds. One can hope anyway.
Yesterday was the beginning of my week and I did great with my points. Didn't have to use any flexpoints at all! I'm really going to try to have an OP week--I feel so much better when I stay on program. Don't we all??

Flower--that's a great loss!
Judy--I hope your heatwave is getting better. Mine isn't, but summer in FL is always like that.
Closed Thread