New to WW at home

You're on Page 2 of 3
Go to
  • Hi All!
  • Hi everyone,
    Thanks for the awesome support here. I've lost 8 to 10 pounds since I started. Couldn't have done it without each & everyone of you. Thanks. Going to try and introduce exercising into the plan this week coming. Time to blow the dust off the exercise equipment. Thanks again and best wishes to all. Have a great healthy weekend. Best wishes to all.

Teresa
  • Another newbie
    I'm also new to WW at home. Been counting points since the first of the year, but I'm having a hard time sticking with it. I'm hoping this might help for support! I do great all day until dinnertime, then I usually fall apart! Does anyone else find it hard when cooking for a family, to figure all the points in the dishes you cook? If it's something that's already prepared it's a breeze, it's when you actually cook something that I have the hardest time.
  • The easiest way I know of to cope with the problem of finding points for your homecooked food is to calculate the points total and before you serve anyone in your family, divide it up into *your* desired portion size... then you know how much you're eating. Then let your family have what they want, whether it's more or less than your determined portion size. I haven't found it that difficult to cook on WW, as long as you do some planning first. Good luck!
  • Thanks, I know I need to plan better, I've never been good at that! I try my hardest not to think about food all day, then dinnertime hits and I throw my hands up! Crazy, I know. Thanks for the advice.
  • Hello all you home WW,
    Just checking out the boards to decide which ones will give me the most encouragement. Besides, when I'm here I'm not eating. One day at a time one meal at a time. I try to calculate my day before I start it and hopefully it works out. If not at least I made the attempt and it helps what goes into my mouth.
  • Hi there! I"m also new to this forum. I have a 2 year old daughter and a 4 month old son. I was doing WW at home before I got pg with my son and had lost 25 pounds. Needless to say I gained it all back plus about 10 more! I started back on WW after the holidays and so far I've lost about 17 pounds. Good luck to you!
  • If any of you are interested, the WW online program is pretty cool. It says it's $65 for the first three months and $16.95 a month after that, but if you check it out and then exit the info screen before giving your payment info, a popup will offer you $10 off or you can search Google for Weight Watchers discount codes.

Anyway, I find it very handy to track my Points there and it also has a recipe builder where you enter your recipe ingredients and it will tell you how many Points per serving. I track there, and come here for the accountability and fun
  • i ordered stuff online yesturday for the at home program,and i need all the help i can get.i know nothing about ww,i have been on a low carb diet and lost about 35 pounds in two months,but i found it hard to stick to it.
    so i am trying this now,please help me
  • I am doing ww at home on my own. Last year I was attending regular meetings from the beginning of April to Mid May and lost 19 pounds! All year I have pretty much maintained my weight up and down between 5-10 pounds! Now I am following the plan as of last Monday! I will see results soon..my starting for this time around was 186.6 & this Monday I was 184...so a 2.6 pound loss! Great! I will continue to do this on my own! I plan on going to the meetings with my friend in April once our class will be over for school which is held the evening of our meetings! Hopefully I will reach 160 by June!

• jennydee-that is great,you are doing good. i hope i can see results from this too.i cross my fingers
  • i have a question to all you fellow ww gals i need help,on the last plan i was on i was to eat 6 times a day,on the ww do i eat six times a day or just breakfast lunch and dinner,help please,i can't find anything about that part in my ww stuff.
  • I would eat breakfast, lunch, and dinner! But incorporate snacks in between these times. veggies and fruits are always great snacks to hold you over and I find drinking my water when I have a temptation of hunger, helps me over come my cravings!
  • thanks i appreciate the help.
  • I am excited to join too!!!
    HI I just to say that I am new to 3FC and are looking forward to being here. I am going to be joing the WW at home, seeing all the support here, it seems awesome. I ahve been on WW and it did work for me if I stuck to it, but of course I got lazy and as one othe lady put it "I fell off the wagon". I think I really need this because I am so embarassed of myself that this site makes you feel good and supports you and that is what I need. I have a husband and he probably would support me if I actually told him how I feel about myself, but there it goes back to me being embarassed. Well I look fowrard to being a part of this site and I know that I am going to meet a lot of great people.

I would also like to have one of those tickers and little pictures but do not know how......any help please.

Lindsay