Closed Thread

Old 01-02-2006, 10:35 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 268.8/266.4/145

Height: 5'8"

Default Weigh in at Home 1/2 - 1/8

Happy New Year to all of you. May 2006 be good to you and yours.

We had a very quiet New Year's eve watching movies and the televised celebrations from NY and Chicago. We snacked instead of having dinner and really didn't snack much at all, so that went well. One glass of wine and that was it for me. Yesterday was equally quiet - lots of football. My only complaint is that we haven't seen the sun for several days and it looks like it will be several more before it makes an appearance. I'm getting tired of the gloom. My resolutions, or more like objectives for the year are all written out. I have the usual suspects plus some fun ones too like taking up knitting again and becoming more fluent in Italian. 2006 is going to be all about having routines and getting and staying organized for me. And now I'm off to implement a tip I read: I'm going to put 2006 on the dateline of several of my checks so I don't spoil them with the wrong year when I'm writing them.

Have a good one.

Carla
Old 01-02-2006, 03:46 PM   #2  
DollyR

S/C/G: GW - 145

Height: 5'6"

3 Days in and I think I am going back to the CORE Plan. I am giving the Flex plan the rest of this week since today I will start my regualr work routine. I did not do as well as I thought I would trying to stick to a set amounts of points. I keep reading where there are so many things to consider when it comes to getting healthly which is my basic overall goal.

I did lose one pound since my official day yesterday but I could of done much better if I kept my points in check.

The grocery store was closed for three days and so I will be able to go today and stock up on things for the fridge that fit the plan.

Wish me luck.
Old 01-02-2006, 04:03 PM   #3  

Darlene - Good luck; you'll do fine. It's always a good feeling to get that fridge stocked up. It's good you gave Flex a try and were able to figure out that Core is the plan for you. I'm gearing up for my starting my new week on Wednesday and will probably stick with flex until I get some of the food I already have used. Then I think I'll do a week of Core. I figure I'll bounce between the two in whatever ration ends up working for me.
Old 01-02-2006, 04:03 PM   #4  

Hi, I am new and jumping right in here. I am doing WW at home with my dh & dd. I started today - my weight is 272 lbs. I am confident that next week, that number will be a little bit lower
Old 01-02-2006, 04:05 PM   #5  

Loser2B - Welcome! I'm sure you'll see a lower number on your scale next week.
Old 01-02-2006, 10:10 PM   #6  
Back on Program!

Hi everyone
I hope 2006 is good to you all, and me too.
My husband is still determined to get a divorce. Today he told me he wants to sell the house because he wants his share of the equity. I am devastated, because before now he told me he would do whatever it took to keep the kids in their home. He is also considering fighting me for joint custody (I want primary because I don't want the kids living one week here, one week there, I think that is very disruptive. They need routine.) He wants us to work things out ourselves so we don't have to pay a lawyer, but I am still going to speak to an attorney so I know what I am up against. I think he wants joint custody so he doesn't have to pay child support.
I am so heartbroken. I know he is mentally unstable right now but I can't keep him from making the biggest mistake of his life. He is being so selfish, he doesn't think he should have to make any concessions for the fact that he is the one walking away from the marriage and destroying our family. I am going to get my oldest into counseling, she is not sleeping and is very depressed. My youngest has been sleeping with me since all this craziness started.
He says he still thinks he is in love with that woman in CA.
I can't take his cruelty anymore. i can't keep being patient and ignoring the daggers he plummets into my heart every day. I don't deserve this when all I have ever tried to do was to be a good wife and mother. How can he do this to us?? How can he not want us anymore?? It's not fair. And I don't know why I have been putting up with this instead of being furious with him. It would be so much easier to hate him.
Please pray for me gals. I am so sad and lonely.
Old 01-03-2006, 02:32 AM   #7  

Rachel - You don't have to hate him. And in the long run it will be better for your girls that you don't. But you certainly have the right to be angry as he** at him. Go ahead and be furious. Honey, he's not thinking straight - that's how he can do this to you and the girls. In some twisted way, he is justifying this all to himself and, most likely, in his mind he's the victim. Don't let him pull that on you. If you want to keep the house, fight for it. Fight for physical custody of the girls. I'm guessing you'll get it since he's the one who's walked away. But Rachel, please, get yourself a lawyer - the best you can. Don't fall for the working it out between the two of you. He doesn't want to pay for a lawyer - too bad for him. It's your and your girls' futures at stake. You need an advocate. Take care, Rachel. I'm with you in thought and spirit.
Old 01-03-2006, 08:05 AM   #8  

Loser2B - Welcome to the boards and to WW. It is nice being able to do it with your family members! It sure helps when everyone is doing it. Have you checked out WW's website? There are tons of awesome tools on there for members. I can't live without them lol. Welcome and much luck to you.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Good morning everyone. Sorry that I have been kind of MIA (missing in action) lately! I got stuck on the WW website the last few days! But I do at least feel like I am on the right track and heading in the right direction! Which is a good thing.

It is almost weighi n day for me. I am sure hoping I have been successful this week again! There is some things I have eaten that I just can't imagine the points for. But I don't eat very much of it and/or very often so it should not hurt. Plus I have extra points left sometimes and my flexies sometimes so that should help.

Today is the first day back to normal hours... school for my kids and work for my hubby! So now we are pushed back into reality today! I am supposed to start my exercising routine again today! And I am hoping too! But I did not have a very good night last night. I did not feel good at all and ended up sleeping on my couch. I felt like I kind of got a flu bug or something. But, I am going to play it by ear and see how I feel. I really want to get myself back into a routine so I can see the pounds fall off each week again! I hold the key to success in my hands! If I don't use it, well.... I won't lose anything or get anywhere. It's up to me. I plan on using it!

Anyway, I better get moving here. Before I know it, it will be time to take the kids to school! I hope you all have an excellent day!

Last edited by TMunday; 01-03-2006 at 10:36 AM.
Old 01-03-2006, 10:25 AM   #9  
Canadian, eh?

Very quick Happy New Year to everyone! I'm just back from up north and have nine - count them, N-I-N-E days of work left to endure. I'll be back this evening.

Have a great day. Get off the computer and go and drink some water!
Old 01-03-2006, 11:01 AM   #10  
Wanda

Hi ladies! Can I join in?
I am Wanda, I have been doing WW at home since July 2005 and have successfully lost 20lbs...well gained a few back over the holidays but I am going to lose them again! I started at 243lbs and I WI this morning at 226.8. I am ready to go again now that the new year is here. I do the Flex points since I find it easier to get the foods I like in. I am in the process of trying to get my DH on board but have not been successfull yet. He needs to decide to do this for himself I can't force the issue.
I hope to get to know you all!
Old 01-03-2006, 03:28 PM   #11  
Caden's Mommy

Height: 5'7

Hi all

long time no write. Has been a fairly stable month and I have been hard at work. I don't remember the last weight I posted but I have been keeping up with it and now weigh in at 167. Lots of hard work over the past couple of months but it was been well worth it

I have been reading all the posts but have been a little lazy about jumping in and responding

I was actually able to buy size 10 pants and shirts when I went shopping last week. Considering I've never been a 'single digit' and now I'm like 10 pounds away from that, I am extremely excited.

noah's mom: congrats on jumping in - hubby will decide if and when it's best for him

Merrylegs: LOL - I was just thinking I needed to drink some more water

TMunday: It's always nice to get back into a routine especially for losing weight! Keep up the great work - I always enjoy your enthusiasm

Carla: Good job on New Year's and great idea about the checks - it felt so weird to write '06 on my paper this morning!

Dolly: welcome to the board - good luck!

Loser2B: that's great you have a built in support system at home - stay strong (especially when your hubby wants WingStop - oh wait - that's my husband - lol)

Rachel: You should be very proud of yourself for the way you are handling this with your kids. They have a very strong and proud mother to look up to. Stay strong
Old 01-03-2006, 05:06 PM   #12  

Hi all,

Tracy - It's the first day back to the normal routine for us too. It feels good to have some structure again, but I sure do miss the lazy days. I hope you're feeling better soon.

Karen - Let the countdown begin! My the next nine days go as quickly as possible for you!

Wanda - Welcome. Congratulations on your success to date! You're a wise woman to know you can't push your hubby into this.

Emily - Good to see you again. Yay for you for your great progress and for getting into size 10s!

It was back to work and back to school today. I was so not ready to get up at 6:30 this morning. Of course, it didn't help that I stayed up late to watch a movie. Tomorrow it's back to journaling, getting in my water, my fruits/veggies, etc., etc. I'm setting a challenge for myself to journal every day for the next 30 days. Anyone care to join me?

Carla
Old 01-03-2006, 05:44 PM   #13  
Wanda

Thanks for the warm welcome ladies!!
Carla I am with you. With the exception of the last 2 weeks I have always journaled everything I eat to keep track of the points I use. It helps me be accountable.
Old 01-03-2006, 08:07 PM   #14  

Happy New Year everyone!

Carla - We were with you on the quiet New Year's Eve although New Year's Day we were at my mom's for Hanukkah - yeah, I overate - what else is new but that was Sunday - in the past. I found my knitting again too although I can't say I've picked it up again yet. I won't be joining you on journalling per se 'cause I don't have to journal everything on CORE but I will join you on faithfully tracking that I've gotten in my getting in my water, my fruits/veggies, and milk as well as faithfully noting the points I do have to track.

Darlene - congratulations on losing the pound! I really love CORE although once in a while I'll do a Flex week if I feel like my portions are getting too big and I'm not really listening to the "full" feeling.

Loser2B - welcome! That's great that you can do WW with the family!

Rachel - I totally agree with Carla. I think your husband is trying to make things easier on himself (financially and otherwise) and you need to worry about you and your girls. Get a lawyer - you need to protect yourself and your girls! I think getting counseling for your oldest is a very good idea and you are doing the right thing by taking her. You have every right to be angry at your husband - use that anger to take care of yourself and do what you need to do! It's such a hard time, I know, but try lean on your friends and family. You are a strong woman and can get through this. Have you been able to eat a little? I'm thinking of you and your girls.

Tracy - I hope you are feeling a little better and have been abe to beat the bug. I back to the work routine today and found out that I lot of people (like me) came down with something over vacation - there's definitely all kinds of stuff going around. Your motivation is inspiring! I hope you got the exercise in.

Karen - Good to hear from you! Nine days - wow, I'll bet you can't wait! Who is that cute little puppy?

Wanda - welcome! Congratulations on the great success you've had so far. I know what you mean about getting the dh on board - no luck for me, either.

Emily - good to hear from you. You are doing great! My goal is to be a size 10 (I was once an 8 but I was in my 30's - I doubt I could get down that low now) - good for you for getting into those pants!

As I said earlier, I had a bit of a rough time at my mom's on Sunday for dinner but I started yesterday with renewed motivation (since this is the year I am going to get to goal!) and had a very good program day yesterday. So far, so good, today, and the fact that I was totally CORE yesterday I think has helped in terms of the sugar cravings. I tried to walk on the treadmill on Sunday and even though I took it easy, it bothered my hip so it's upper body and yoga for me for a while. I'm making the same goal of 240 workouts this year. I did some yoga when I got home today - so far that's 2 workouts done for the New Year. Anyone want to join me on a certain number of workouts for the year? My number means I have to get in between 4 and 5 workouts a week - reasonable for me once I get back in the swing. Time to go make my lunch for tomorrow.

Have a great one!
Judy
Old 01-03-2006, 08:17 PM   #15  

Hi everyone. You guys are so uplifting! But I was not able to exercise today. I felt like I was hit by a mack truck and ran over a few times. I was thinking about just doing a 15 minute workout tonight but I barely ate dinner. So I think I should just take it easy for now. I am hoping I feel better tomorrow though! Maybe if I get a good nights sleep tonight that will make a difference... I hope.
Closed Thread