Closed Thread

Old 12-31-2005, 08:48 PM   #1  

Default Just as much sucess

I was wondering for those who do at home can you do just as well as if you go to meetings? Or is it better to go to meetings. I've joined several times but don't like the meetings so was thinking of doing at home.
Old 01-01-2006, 12:04 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 268.8/266.4/145

Height: 5'8"

2much - That's a question that each person can only answer for him/herself. What don't you like about the meetings? Is it something that can be "fixed" by going to a different meeting (e.g. leader's personality, meeting time/place, etc.)? If you're getting nothing out of the meetings and don't find them motivating, then you're likely to do just as well at home. Many people have done the program at home successfully. I've had success doing the program at home, but I've had struggles too. However, my struggles would have been there if I attended meetings too.
Old 01-01-2006, 12:21 PM   #3  

Hi there. I am a weight watchers online member. I do it at home. The tools on there site online are awesome! They are very helpful. It is only like $17.00 a month. I went to meetings years ago and didn't do very well. I don't have any local meetings that I can attend. So online works good for me. Either way you will have your ups and downs. But the boards help when you have your down moments. Good luck.
Old 01-01-2006, 12:27 PM   #4  

It depends on you. I would ask why you didn't enjoy the meetings. Was it that you didn't enjoy your leader? Different meetings have different leaders. I have done WW at home in the past and was very successful. (And very motivated.) If you do decide to do it at home, I'd be sure to check in the boards here for support. I'm doing it at home again. I just don't have the extra money to go every week. (Know what I mean?) Good luck to you!
Old 01-02-2006, 12:38 PM   #5  

I have tried 4 WW metings near my home and didn't care for ANY of the leaders. They were all slightly heavy and SO BORING! I felt anything BUT inspired. I couldn't wait for the meetings to end. Years ago I was successful when I attended meetings with an amazing leader. She truly made the difference for me. HOWEVER...I joined WW online and actually find it MORE beneficial in many ways. The site gives you a lot of awesome tools. Combine that with the loving support from THIS website and, viola! You have everything you need. Okay, unless you actually need to hear applause. Maybe they can build that into the program along with the cute smilies
Old 01-02-2006, 01:56 PM   #6  

Yes! Online is awesome! I could not live without it! And you still get the applauds for your weight loss on the message boards. You don't hear it, but you can read it! It is still motivating and inspiring! It is so worth the money! It is cheaper then the weekly meeting fees. I love it. It is 24/7 support. The tools are to die for... so to speak. Can't beat it.
Old 01-06-2006, 05:35 PM   #7  

I do it at home. I love it. Ive tried the meetings thingy and it really did nothing for me. I mean the "support" is great and actually getting up and going somewhere to speak w/ people with the same issues was rewarding. But I get that online. So I figured why spend the money that I can use on grocerys that are way more expensive now that Im on the program KNOW WHAT I MEAN???
Old 01-08-2006, 01:39 PM   #8  

I started a few months ago going to the meetings, but the timing wasn't good for me and I didn't have that kind of time commitment. I did find them motivating but overall, I didn't think they were for me. That is not to say that it is not going to be good for you. I was only on for a couple of weeks then, so I can't say whether one is better, but I think everyone is different.

I am doing it online this time because I can access it all the time. Every time something goes in my mouth I track it immediately. I can plan my days and meals.
Old 01-08-2006, 02:52 PM   #9  

Support is support right? Look at where you have had problems in the past. If you need to be accountable to someone for success, then do go to meetings. If you are disciplined enough to set goals for yourself, maybe post 2 messages a week or always post to the weekly weigh-in online, then this route might be the right choice.
Old 01-16-2006, 05:19 PM   #10  

I've been to 3 meetings but I don't feel they really help me.......I feel just as motivated doing it on my own.
Closed Thread