Closed Thread

Old 10-16-2005, 11:53 AM   #1  
Back on Program!

Default Weigh in at Home 10/16-10/22

Hey everyone! I just weighed in yesterday so I won't be posting until the end of the week, but thought I would start the thread.

I survived the Olive Garden and resisted the evil, delicious, seafood alfredo that I really wanted and got the chicken giardino instead---the whole dinner is 10 points and I only ate half. We did get alfredo to dip the breadsticks in, so that helped get my fix. I have tallied all the points and used up quite a bit of my flexpoints for the week (had to count the drinks in there too!), but it should be no problem since I have no more "outings" planned for the week.
Plus I did quite a bit of dancing (80's night, soooo much fun!) and I went to the gym yesterday morning. I am also going to make sure to use my activity points all week and see if that helps.

Here's to wishing everyone a great week and good news on the scale!!
Old 10-17-2005, 11:51 AM   #2  
kellyjoiii

S/C/G: 225/225/165

Height: 5'7"

Girl! You are doing great! Keep it up!
I am not going to sit here and make excuses for myself. I have been off the wagon with many attempts to get back on....which have NOT worked......and have made a new start today! I gained 6.5 lbs while eating everything I wanted and have made peace with myself. I walked on the treadmill for 21 mins today and hope to make a walk after dinner tonight with the dog and kids. I am starting again at 204.5 and will be counting points again. NO MORE crap.........I can and will do this.....I did it for six months............................................ .................................................. ..........
Back again,
Old 10-18-2005, 10:16 AM   #3  

Weight = 151
No weight lose last week. It could be because I overate my points for 3 days straight.
I started a water aerobic class this week. It is really run. The pool is salt water - so my blond hair will not turn green.

Rachel- I wish I knew how to dance. It sounds like a fun way to exercise. The YMCA I an taking the water aerobics class at has line dancing lessons. I am not coordinated at all, but I may try the class and see what happens. They also have salsa dancing lessons, but I think I need to start with something a bit simplier than latin music.

KellyJo- I like your mini goal of 11 lbs off by Thanksgiving. I also like your "NO MORE CRAP" saying. I know fast food will be calling my name later this week - I am going to say to myself "NO MORE CRAP" and drive on.
Old 10-18-2005, 10:40 AM   #4  
kellyjoiii

Loralee.....Good girl! Keep it up!
Well, I used 12 flex points last night BUT I counted them and walked yesterday and today. I did 21 mins yesterday and 22 today. It will be 23 tomorrow. I am upping it by a min every day until I am back to 45 mins a day again. I will be back later!
Old 10-18-2005, 07:43 PM   #5  
Back on Program!

Loralee----I say go ahead and take the dance lessons! They are so much fun and exercise too! My favorite class is the Latin Impact aerobics class because you don't realize how much you are sweating because it's FUN!!

Kelly Jo----Come on girl, stay up on the wagon!! I need you, you are my inspiration because you are always so dedicated! Good for you for getting back on that treadmill!! I am proud of you! SO here's to a new day and success!

I went to the gym again today. I am getting worried about the new hurricane. If it comes then both my hubby and I will have to go to work and stay until we are released, and I hate leaving my kids with someone else. Not to mention my poor house, which still has interior damage from last years' storms. At least the roof is fixed, and hopefully it will hold if we get hit again.

I'll check in again tomorrow. Where are you Judy and Carla????
Old 10-18-2005, 10:35 PM   #6  

Rachel
I see that you are nurse. I used to be a nurse too (changed careers 2 years ago). You do our country a great service. I have no idea what your husband does, but I am sure that he servers others too. Thank you for stepping up to the plate and taking care of others when a hurrican comes your way. I will praying for you and your family this week. Keep up the good work.
Old 10-18-2005, 11:20 PM   #7  
kellyjoiii

Rachel,
Girlie girl....I am back here with you going strong today and taking it one day at a time. I am doing my walks (upping it by a min every day not much but some to get back to my 45 mins but I think I already said that earlier). I have stuck to my points (ok I am almost out of flex points only having 4 left for 5 more days but that is what they are there for right? and I will just have to make better choices and stick to my daily or work out more for more points) I should have made better choices this evening but stress on not knowing where we will be in two months for christmas made me figure oh well. I am still going strong and doing well in spite of it. I have started drinking a detoxifying tea (day two) and I must say that it is nasty but I am pressing on since I spent the money on it. We shall see how it works on my system. I have been trying to wean Jordan (he has been nursing for almost 17 mos and although I love the relationship and time we have at that point......Its time) He is finally night weaned and only takes it first thing in the am and around nap times. The dog is driving me nuts.......he keeps POOPIN IN NATHANS ROOM!!!!!!!!! and I have tried to be more vigilant....he spent alot of time in his cage today and will continue if he doesnt stop.
Ok I am quite chatty tonight.....I concur......Judy, Carla....<singsonging>Where are YOUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU???????????

Anyone up for that turkey day challenge????? 11 lbs.....for this fatty it shouldnt be too hard teehee.

As for that storm....girl I feel for you and I am keeping you in my thoughts and prayers. I can honestly say I know how you feel (ok, not handing my kids over to someone else....but about the storm and house in general) I hope it misses you!
Old 10-19-2005, 06:53 AM   #8  

S/C/G: 299/ticker/150

Height: 5' 2"

Rachel: Great Job on your Olive Garden dinner!!! Excellent choices and strategy for getting your fix. I need to think more "out of the box" for things like that. I'm proud of you.

KelliJo: You WILL do it, you CAN do it, and you HAVE done it!!! Remember, that which doesn't break us makes us stronger. Use what you learned during your hiatus to plan for this new adventure. I love the NO MORE CRAP...I see it two ways: 1. No more excuses/denial/avoidance and 2. Literally no more crap as in unhealthy food. I'm adopting that battle cry with you!

Lora: This week is a new week, new day. Not all is lost because of one week. The class sounds great; I've never heard of a salt water pool.

I'm still off course. I know it's stress related again, I HAVE to come up with some effective strategies to deal with it. CHOCOLATE IS NOT THE ANSWER!
It is helping to exercise. I'm still hitting the YMCA 3 times a week and have added weight training this week (ewww, I'm sore). Somewhere in all my chaos, I have stopped writing down my points. I know, big mistake, it is denial about what I'm eating. Although, I don't feel I'm off the wagon, I'm definitely stretching the boundaries of being on the program. Today, I'm back to writing down my points. Girls, I need some "tried and true" strategies you use for when things get busy, stressful, and unstructured. Thanks!

Last edited by tchrnow; 10-19-2005 at 07:01 AM.
Old 10-19-2005, 08:36 AM   #9  

S/C/G: 268.8/266.4/145

Height: 5'8"

Hi all.

Judy - This Cub's fan is happy that the World Series is coming to Chicago (although I wish it was coming to the north side) and I'll be rooting for the Sox, but I'm not crazy excited about it. Glad to hear you had good holidays and got your last exam under your belt.

Rachel - Great job at Olive Garden! And I'm sure you burned some activity points dancing. I haven't been dancing in so long. I'm thinking of you and hoping that the latestes hurricane fades away before it can do any damage.

Kelly - You sound determined to stay on the wagon. Good for you. Hang in there and it will get done. And know that wherever you'll be for Christmas, you'll be looking and feelig fabulous. Don't fret about how many flex points you have left. Just keep earning some activity points every day. Sorry to hear the dog is misbehaving. I hope he breaks that habit soon.

Loralee - Sounds like you maintained. Good for you - it's certainly better than a gain. Good for you for starting a water aerobics class.

Lynne - I'm sorry to hear that the stress is getting to you. I'm a stress eater too, so I know it's hard. I think getting your points written down is a key step. It makes me feel on program, so then I act on program. I guess my only suggestion is try to keep the fridge and pantry stocked with easy to prepare foods so you're not tempted to grab dinner out or fast food when you're hungry. Hang in there.

I'm happy to report a 2 lb loss. It's the rest of the water weight I gained a couple of weeks ago. Now to continue on with losing fat. I must get back into the exercise groove. And now I have to run - I need to get Ana ready for school.

Have a great day.

Carla
Old 10-20-2005, 02:24 PM   #10  
kellyjoiii

Girls, why is it that when the stress mounts...we start eating? I ate my weight in cakes last night forgoing dinner for a little bit....to eat the cake and COLD FRENCH FRIES -from Mcdonalds. Yuck! I have stayed OP today and walk/jogged for 23 mins. Not much but better than nothing. I didnt walk yesterday but figured I would just do it the rest of the week. I am going to get the exercising down first and make better choices but I am not worrying too much about my food just making better choices. I Have to get back to that exercising......I feel much better and stay OP when I do it. I figure if I can do that then I will work on my points again. I am not making excuses to eat anything....but I am just having a hard time doing it all at once again. I am also trying to wean Jordan and it is hard....plus not knowing where we are going in two months is wearing me out. Then the house is on the market...no hits......I want to find one in Texas....if that is where we will be......oh well, I am still here and will still be doing the best I can. It is what counts right? I am not giving up....just giving in a little I guess. Oh well, this is today....maybe tomorrow will be a better day. As for writing down my points......I do that and it still doesnt help me to stay OP....so I am gettting back on the fitness horse first.
Hang in there girls.....I am trying!
Old 10-21-2005, 10:43 AM   #11  

S/C/G: 268.8/266.4/145

Height: 5'8"

Kelly - Been there, done that, cold french fries and all. Sometimes it helps, when life is crazy, to control the one thing we can - what we eat. You've got a lot going on - just take it an hour at a time if you have to. On top of everything else, you're not in Wilma's path, are you? Which leads me to...

Rachel - I've been thinking about you as I watch the news. I hope that Wilma dies down before she hits FL. Keep safe.

Judy - I hope everything is ok.

Karen - Thinking about you. Post again soon.

Carla
Old 10-21-2005, 11:18 AM   #12  
kellyjoiii

Carla, Thanks....I needed that. I will do that...I made a better choice for breakfast(Instead of the fattening stuff I could have had) this am and having more coffee than usual BUT I am still only at 7.5 points. Need to write them down, figured out it was a cop-out so I am back to "being aware". I will walk for 25 mins when Jordan goes down for a nap.....which I hope to God is soon. Actually gonna go do that NOW. BRB. Ok, as for the plan of the day...well, I am going to take Carla's advice and take it one hour at a time. My next thing is exercise. I gotta drink this coffee and my water. Then I am going to walk on the treadmill. BUT I am going to do better. I can't COMPLETELY give up on all I did and achieved. I guess I just had a bad day yesterday...and the mood trailed along with it. Thanks for the support as usual....I love you girls. I am here and working on the weight but we shall see how the day ends up. I cant promise anything but to do MY BEST. Right? Hang in there with me girls....I need you someday soon I will be done with this wishy washy mood of mine. You know sometimes I just really feel like a failure........................................... ................................................an d I wanna get back to feeling like a winner. I hope these stresses of mine go away soon.......I hate being a slave to my weight.
Here is to a OP day!
Love Ya!!!!
Old 10-21-2005, 07:06 PM   #13  

Hi all - sorry I've been MIA all week. I am fine as is everything else. It's just that I have been sooooo busy with 5th grade (love it!) and since I don't have an email id for work anymore (can't get on the internet without it) I really have a tough time getting on during the day. Please excuse me for not answering everyone individually but with a whole week's worth and the fact that I am zonked tonight, I figure I'll tell you how I've been doing and promise to get on more next week!

I have been struggling to get off the pounds I put on over the Jewish holidays (nothing like eating at Mom's!) I didn't go to my meeting last Saturday because I had the last (!) of my NY State Teacher Certification tests (this one is for the literacy cert). I am promising myself to go tomorrow morning and just face the music. I will probably be up at least a pound but so be it. Get on the scale, and stay on the wagon and it will be gone soon enough.

I have a ton of work to do this weekend (lesson planning and working on my teaching portfolio) but am giving myself a little time off tonight to relax and finish the baby blanket I've been making for the teacher I was with last year. I thought I had at least 3 more weeks but I found out today that her shower is a week from today!

Have a great one!
Judy

P.S. Carla - we are rooting for the Sox too (still angry with Clemens)
P.P.S. Rachel - I will be thinking of you and yours and hope that the darned hurricane leaves you alone!
Old 10-22-2005, 01:05 PM   #14  

S/C/G: 243/150

Height: 5 foot 5 inches

Wink

I have been doing ww for 4 weeks now and I am sooooooooo thrilled I am down 20 pounds.

I love coming to 3fc and reading all the encouraging notes.

I went through my too tight (from before) clothes last night and some of them were too big what incentive that was!!
Closed Thread