Closed Thread

Old 09-19-2005, 02:17 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 268.8/266.4/145

Height: 5'8"

Default Weigh In at Home 9/19 - 9/26

Hi all.

Jeanne and Kari - Welcome! We're glad to have you on the journey with us.

Not much new here. I had a pretty good weekend, all in all. I've got a really busy week at work ahead of me as well as lots to do here at home, so I've got to be careful that I don't slack off on eating well. It's going to be really tempting to just grab a frozen pizza, etc. I guess one of my first chores needs to be cleaning out my fridge and going grocery shopping. Hope you all had good weekends.

Carla
Old 09-19-2005, 09:52 PM   #2  

Well, I'm back after a "fat" hiatus. I am a former lifetime member that is going online this time. I had a happy Day One of being back on program.

Weight: 155.5
Old 09-21-2005, 09:01 AM   #3  

Hi all.

Loralee - Welcome! We're not always as quiet as this.

I hope all of you are well and that Rachel and Kelli didn't suffer any ill-effects from Rita.

Judy - Hope you're enjoying teaching!

I'm just running in to say "hi" and to report a .6 loss. I'll take it! Tonight's my sleep study, so I'll be uber busy after work today. Doubt I'll get back on.

Talk to you all later

Carla
Old 09-21-2005, 10:17 AM   #4  
Back on Program!

Default Where is everyone?

I have been working the past two days so I figured I'd be the last to post!
Carla I hope the sleep study went well!
Judy and Kelli Jo and everyone else, where are you?

This week I am reporting a 0.8 loss. I'm at 198.8
I really wanted to be lower, since vacation starts the 30th, but I have been doing my best. You wouldn't think having to give up 2 points a day would be hard, but it IS. Now I know how Kelly was feeling. I do okay, but don't have as much room for snacks in my points range. And I love to snack, don't we all??
I am also stressed with work, we are having an inspection next week and everyone is on high alert. Then we go on vacation and I am trying to plan the itinerary and get ready to go, arrange pet sitting, etc. So with all the stress I'm sure my body is holding on to everything.
I just got back from the gym. By back is doing better, but I still haven't been brave enough to go back to the step aerobics class. I would hate to have to leave again in the middle.
This new hurricane is just giving us gloomy skies and rain on & off, so nothing major. Hopefully the same is true for Kelli Jo!
Old 09-22-2005, 04:57 AM   #5  

S/C/G: 299/ticker/150

Height: 5' 2"

Checking in here too. Life has been crazy with Indiana's ISTEP this week at school (graduation qualifying exam). I'm up early this morning to do laundry...out of underwear!!!!! My family has been sick too, ...just when you think it can't get any worse....my in-laws came in to take my hubby to out patient surgery (house is a PIT, and they are cleanies, I'm mortified, but resigned that I can't do everything). Even through all that I have consistently gone to the YMCA and exercised and at my weigh in on Sunday I hadn't lost or gained, but I did a sneak peek today and I'm down a pound. I won't count it until official weigh in for me, hopefully it will still be there....

I am excited and surprize about one thing this week. I have actually enjoyed exercising...now THIS is shocking to me because I hate it and hate to sweat....I don't know if it is the different environment, I'm spending money on it, or if I am now accountable because I really pressed hubby for this memembership....whatever the reason-it feels fabulous!!!
Everyone have a great week. I'll check in back this weekend when life slows down.
Lynne
Old 09-22-2005, 07:25 AM   #6  

Jeanne and Kari - Welcome!
Carla - good luck with the sleep study! Congratulations on the loss - hey, every little bit helps. I had 0.2 loss last week and considering that dear Tony brought dark chocolate into the house last Thursday and I indulged, I was happy with it!

Welcome Loralee! It does feel good to get back to the program. I've started and stopped a few times and I'm always happier with myself when I come back.

Kelli - I echo Carla's sentiments that Rita didn't bring anything bad your way.

Rachel - I'm glad that Rita left you alone. I know how you feel about the inspection. I had my first observation (from my student teaching supervisor) yesterday and I was so nervous and there was a lot of work leading up to it. Congratulations on your loss and on being in a new century! I know giving up those 2 points must be hard. Ya know, if you go back to the step class, you could make up the 2 points going under 200 took away. Something to think about.

Lynne - I'm so glad you are enjoying the exercise - I love how it makes me feel. Don't stress the house. We are not superwomen and I'd rather have a messy house and take care of the family!

I've been super busy. I love student teaching and I'm doing 3 lessons a day but it's a lot of prep and boy, it is tiring - physically too. My observation went well yesterday. I look forward to seeing her write-up, of course I know she'll have constructive feedback but she said it was excellent so that's great. Now I have to try to get either the principal or the asst. principal to observe me next week - that's even more important because that's so they'll want to hire me come January! I've been doing well on core - all except last night that is. I was vulnerable I know, having had a stressful day with the observation - Tony was very sweet - he asked me if I would mind if he went out for some snacks and I told him it was OK - as long as he didn't bring back chocolate! Well, the pretzels he brought back (big thick ones) proved too much temptation and I basically went into a small deficit of my weekly points (I'm doing core). Still, that was last night and I'm going to have a good core day today. Hopefully I'll still be able to squeak out a little loss this week. My exercising has been limited to a little yoga in the morning to try to keep my back in shape. I hope by this weekend it is feeling good enough so that I can do something to work up a good sweat!

Have a great one!
Judy
Old 09-22-2005, 05:31 PM   #7  

Hi all.

Rachel - I'm so glad that Rita is mostly leaving you alone. Congrats on your loss! I know giving up those points is hard. You'll adjust soon enough, I'm sure. Getting ready for vacation is hard work! Are you the designated "get everyone ready and packed" person in your family too? It's a pain.

Lynne - I've done that get up early and do laundry drill many a time. And there have been times, in the past, that we've "done laundry at KMart" as my husband put it and just bought new. Don't worry about your house. As you say, you can't do everything. Mine is beyond a pit and I've stopped caring what my MIL thinks of it. Good for you for getting in the exercise! I too hate the thought of it, but love how it makes me feel.

Judy - Congrats on the loss. Down is good. I'm so glad to hear you're really like student teaching. Congratulations on a good observation! Sorry to hear the pretzels got you. I have a hard time keeping pretzels in the house - they'er a huge temptation, especially with mustard.

The sleep study went - well I don't know how it went. I had a miserable night's sleep and it's not clear whether I do have sleep apnea or not. If after monitoring me for half the night, they saw clear indications of it, the tech would have put me on a CPAP machine. If there were no signs of apena or it wasn't clear from the monitoring, then they wouldn't wake me up for the machine. They didn't wake me up. But of course, the tech can't tell me anything, so I don't know. I couldn't see my watch, so I'm not sure if I was awake for any significant portion of the monitoring stage, if I defintely don't have apena, or if it's unclear. It's confusing, because both my primary doc and the neurologist were convinced I have it. And in a strange way, I'm disappointed because I'm so darn tired all the time and find it so hard to muster the energy to get anything done, that I was hoping getting diagnosed and getting on CPAP would really make a difference. Ah well, no use fretting. I'll just have to wait until I hear from the doctor. At least my eating is on track.

Have a good evening.

Carla
Old 09-24-2005, 05:21 PM   #8  

Carla - well, I hope the doctor comes back to you with some news that will help you feel more rested, whatever that turns out to be. I'm glad to hear that your eating is on track.

My eating has mostly been on track but yesterday, well, the snackies struck after DH came home wit Twizzlers. Ya know, they are not even close to a favorite snack but I don't know, maybe the PMS monster is lurking (who knows these days!) or maybe it was the end of a very full week. Anyway, Tony and I were up very late watching hurricane coverage and I slept in this morning. I've been getting ready for an observation by the asst. principal on Monday (I invited her 'cause I want her to give me a job!) and have more prep to do for other subjects tomorrow but I took some time off this afternoon to watch the Yankees lose. I'm in good shape so this evening I'm just going to relax and snack on core foods only (which usually means I don't over snack). I did some yoga today - maybe tomorrow I'll go for a walk. We had beautiful weather today, sunny and low 70's - hopefully it will be like that tomorrow.

Off to make dinner.
Have a great one,
Judy
Old 09-24-2005, 06:00 PM   #9  
kellyjoiii

S/C/G: 225/225/165

Height: 5'7"

Girls, Girls, Girls.
I just wanna say welcome to the new members and I'M SORRY to all the old I have been busy. Todd's dad came in for the ceremony last weds. and I have been taking care of the boys and trying to entertain. He has been a big help but not in the sense of eating. So to report....I HAVE GAINED LIKE FIVE LBS! I am not even going to try to do this until WEDS. He leaves at 6 am so that will be the first day of my new way LOL. Ha...This is starting to get redundant. I havent been exercising NOR following WW. I admit it is my fault (ok....a little theirs too due to DH finally being home and FIL here) the boys are being monsters and to add to that....we just got a puppy last Sunday. He is the cutest thing.....a little cotton ball of fur....a bichon frise. I wont devulge the price tag but I love him to death already! (Ok not at 2,3 and 4 am when he and Jordan are in a constant battle at waking eachother up while I am trying to cage train him) ANY tips or pointers would NOT be pushed aside as this is my first puppy!

Rita has just brought rain though here and a little wind....not much. I am glad to hear that others havent been too affected by it.

Rachel, I got your message and do not know how to reply to it but wanted you all to know the circumstances here LOL. I will be back next week and catch up! I miss ya'll!

Carla, you follow core right? WITH counting points? Is that close to a kindof low carb diet? I have 13 days ok.....like a week when I really start and will be busting my hump to lose what I can....the Khaki ball is the 7th of October and I would like to lose some...I am thinking of core then back to flex. any hints? Thanks girls and keep up the good work!
Old 09-24-2005, 11:00 PM   #10  
Back on Program!

Kelly Jo!!! So glad you are alive! I know all about company sabotaging your diet!! Just try to hang in there until he leaves girl. I am thinking about trying core too, since I have been working out more I am STARVING. So with core I can eat more of the good stuff. Maybe it will work. I leave for vacation next Friday, and with all the picnicking and hiking in the mountains, I'm sure I'll need carbs. I am not really going to do WW on vacation. Just going to try and make smart choices. But you know I am gonna have some GOOD OLD FASHIONED COUNTRY MOUNTAIN BREAKFASTS!! I have to have at least one biscuit and gravy! Then I will try core when I get back.
I went to the gym today and did 30 min on elliptical to burn 420 cal and went 2.65 miles. The cardio is getting easier, I am sweating a lot!!

I did have a puppy once, she is 3 now. The best advice I can give you is DON"T GIVE IN when he is crying in the cage. Don't let him out!! You won't get much sleep for the first week but after that it's fine. If you keep letting him out though, it's like starting from scratch. You can try putting a towel or blanket over the cage so it is dark inside, they like that. That first week is awful, but if you get thru it the cage is wonderful, helps with potty training and becomes the dog's "den" and they love it. At least you still have a baby so you are used to being sleep deprived LOL! Bichon's are sooooo cute! It's great for the kids to grow up with a dog too.
Old 09-25-2005, 03:47 PM   #11  

S/C/G: 299/ticker/150

Height: 5' 2"

That pound from my sneek peek is still gone, yea!! It is so satisfying to change my ticker. I'm almost caught up with laundry and the house is slowing coming together, but my baby is still sick so not much is getting done. But that's ok.
Rachel have a great vacation. I'm with you...couldn't avoid the buiscut/gravy either LOL. Everyone have a great week with good choices.
Lynne
Old 09-25-2005, 07:20 PM   #12  
do, or do not

Default Hi everyone, time for a check in!

Thank you for all of the welcomes! My wonderful hubby has worked about 80 hours this week, which translates to a lot of eating out I have gained 5 lbs. I vow to do better this week and thank you for being an outlet where I have to make myself post my weight, even if I don't want to, perhaps I will be imbarassed enough to be good!
Closed Thread