Closed Thread

Old 09-15-2005, 07:58 PM   #1  
Beauty School Dropout

Red face Points Confusion

Hi everyone, I had a question about the daily points. I've lots about 6lbs so far and I just hit 199lbs. In my weight watchers cookbook it says that I should be eating 22-29 points per day, but how to you figure out the exact number? Do you divide the flexi points between the week and minus it from 29?

My friend told me when I first started I should be eating 26 points per day but now I'm not even sure If I was eating the right amount of points to begin with. I'm doing this on my own, since I can't afford meetings so any info would be really helpful.

Thanks a bunch
Old 09-15-2005, 08:11 PM   #2  

You have an old book I think. I think you are going on the "Winning Points" plan, which is WW's old plan. They now have TurnAround which has 2 different plans.... Flex or Core. By the sounds of it, you would be interested in the Flex program. You should eat 24 points a day. Plus you have 35 weekly flex points to use as you wish. And then of course you have the activity points you can earn and use.
Old 09-23-2005, 09:23 PM   #3  
banned

i have that cookbook also
Old 09-24-2005, 09:56 AM   #4  
Beauty School Dropout

Now are the point values for food in the winnign points program, the same as the current program?
Old 09-24-2005, 11:01 AM   #5  
banned

no its like 2 p[oints less off the high end so if yre range was 24-36(just makin up numbers) your daily would be 34
Old 09-24-2005, 11:15 AM   #6  

Your best bet to make sure you follow the plan correctly is to jump on a WW board with all of the WW members on it. You will get more help that way. And the help you get would be most accurate as well. The moderater "mauvaisroux" for the WW boards is awesome! She is very helpful. I am sure she will help you if you jump over there.

The WW boards: http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=2

There is a ton of WW people that would be more then willing to help you with everything you need. That is really your best bet. You don't seem to be getting many answers over here on this board.
Old 09-24-2005, 11:17 AM   #7  

Also, there is a good difference in the program then and now. I would recommend getting updated information before starting WW. WW sells there books and stuff at there meetings... or you can get a WW At Home Kit from www.weightwatchers.com. Or you can even buy some items on ebay... but you never know if those are old or new half of the time. And the sellers will tell you that they are selling up to date items.. and sometimes they are not! So becareful.

I do feel that Flex was a lot easier then Winning Points.

Last edited by TMunday; 09-24-2005 at 11:20 AM.
Old 09-24-2005, 11:53 AM   #8  

S/C/G: 298/see ticker/180

Height: 5'7"

Hi Liz!

I'm also doing WW on my own, I cant afford meetings either. I've never actually joined WW, and have just found everything I need to follow the plan on the net I haven't joined WW online or bought the home kit either.

I'm following the Winning Points plan, where you have a range of points you can eat in (right now I'm supposed to be eating between 26 - 31 points). For me, its easier to follow that plan as opposed to the Flex points. It almost equals out to about the same points per week, just a few points difference.

And its working I've lost 22 lbs or so since June 6th. It works as long as you stick to it!!

I can send you the sites that I use in a PM, since most are against site rules to post here

~Liz
Old 09-24-2005, 01:24 PM   #9  

Lizzyg,

Thanks for jumping in here! It has been awhile since I have done winning points! So remembering is something that is hard to do lol. If you wouldn't mind, I would like to see those links as well for the WW stuff you have found online. Never know, I could learn something! Thanks again!

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

Liz,

You can also go to www.weightwatchers.com and join there message boards for free to get some tips. But, I have found that these message boards here can be much more informing.
Old 09-24-2005, 06:55 PM   #10  
Beauty School Dropout

Thanks guys. My parents actually bought me an online mebership so i started my official weigth watchers day on friday. I'm really excited.
Old 09-24-2005, 07:04 PM   #11  

LizK, Congratulations! I think you will like it there. The tools on the site make WW so much easier!!! You will love those! That is one reason I loved the site! Pop in here still though too! You can get lots of support here and there.
Old 09-25-2005, 08:51 AM   #12  
Beauty School Dropout

Oh I plan to. I find the message boards there to be over crowded with no real information.
Old 09-25-2005, 10:42 AM   #13  

S/C/G: 298/see ticker/180

Height: 5'7"

Thats great!! Good luck!!

~Liz
Old 09-25-2005, 11:48 AM   #14  

LizK,

Sometimes it does get that way over there. But sometimes those boards are good to. But, I do beleive these boards are more informative. I am sure you will get great use of out both sites together! The tools (points calculators, and daily points charts, weight charts and more) is the best part of the WW site!
Closed Thread