Closed Thread

Old 09-05-2005, 10:40 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 268.8/266.4/145

Height: 5'8"

Default Weigh In at Home 9/5 - 9/11

Hello everyone.

Hope you all had good weekends. Anyone doing anything special for labor day? We're going to a bbq at a friend's house. It will be challenging, but I should be ok.

Have a great day.

Carla
Old 09-05-2005, 10:45 AM   #2  
Back on Program!

LOL does anyone know how to merge our threads into one????
I made one for this week the same time as you!
Old 09-05-2005, 02:23 PM   #3  

Rachel - I'm so glad to hear that your aunt and cousin are OK. I can't imagine what it's like for them but thank goodness they are safe!

Carla - I'm glad to hear that you are eating good food and have the carb servings down.

Just a quick post - we had a lovely vacation and ended up having good weather all the days we were there except one. Of course, with all the horror down on the Gulf Coast, it certainly put the weather/vacation issue into perspective. I did a core week and did pretty good most of the week - lots of seafood and I tried to account for the non-core things with my points. I exercised one way or another (tennis, walks on the beach, yoga and a run/walk) so that helped. I got TOM the last day we were there. We picked Smokey up on the way home and the vet where he was staying took out his stitches so things along that front are back to normal. I slept through my meeting on Saturday (bad cramps) and decided to do another week of core as a nice break - plus, I find that I just eat healthier with core. We went out to dinner with friends in the city last night and I did OK. I had a delicious grilled fish and then had a little of Tony's dessert - all in all, not bad. Tony and I are grilling today so that's easy. Tomorrow, student teaching starts. Well, it's a day for the teachers (the kids come Wed) and it will be a food challenge because the PTA makes lunch for the teachers (they are WONDERFUL) and they are all great cooks! I'm a little nervous about student teaching but I'm sure it will go fine. I have my student teaching seminar tomorrow at 4:00 and have another course (the last!) on Wed. evening - I'm not thrilled with going back to grad school so soon but I can really see the light at the end of the tunnel.

Have a great Labor Day,
Judy
Old 09-05-2005, 07:59 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 299/ticker/150

Height: 5' 2"

Well, I'm down one pound, yeah. I probably would have lost more, but I had 2nd's several times this week at dinner and yesterday seemed to eat with abandon...hmmm.
Back to work tomorrow with my plan/meals written out. It seems to be easier to stay on plan during the work week. Probably because things are busier and more structured.
Lynne
Old 09-06-2005, 09:58 AM   #5  
Back on Program!

Talking been exercising!

Hey everyone!! I just want you to know that even though I am not losing weight lateley, I haven't given up hope! Today is the 3rd day in a row that I have been exercsising. Sunday I did the Denise Austin tape, yesterday I went for a 2 mile walk (I didn't even really break a sweat until after the first mile, and I was humpin' it! I must be getting into shape!). I really didn't want to go, but was feeling SO guilty about not exercising. And felt so much better after I did, I think I am getting hooked. Today I went to the gym---I am so excited because the whole reason I joined this gym was that they were building a franchise right across the street from the elem. school. I have been driving 20 minutes to the one south of here until TODAY because the new one is finally OPEN!!!!! Now I have no excuse. And it's going to save me so much time! Anyway today I did 20 minutes on the rowing machine ( a doctor at work told me they are great, they work ALL of your muscle groups. I had never tried it before but I followed the directions. Still, I found it pretty easy. But maybe by tomorrow those muscles will be screaming, I don't know). Then I tried this new machine that is kind of like an elliptical--I'm so mad I can't remember the name of it! Anyway it was HARD and I only made it for a mile. You can pedal forwards or backwards and it's really easy on the knees which are a problem for me.
Okay now I'm into the shower and off to run errands. Gotta work the next couple of days. I'll check back in tonight!
Old 09-06-2005, 02:16 PM   #6  
kellyjoiii

S/C/G: 225/225/165

Height: 5'7"

Girls, Sounds like so many of you are doing well. I am so proud of you. Why oh why is it so hard getting back on track when you fall off? I mean, two days then BAM the side of that wagon falls off and you land on your butt! Here I am.....I have climbed back up and will try again, try try again right? I did do 40 mins on the treadmill today (after three days of not working out and eating like CRAP!!) and am doing well on the eating today. I havent gained anything over the last few days and am still hanging in at 198!! I am happy with that and am off to do laundry and finish my kitchen. Have a great day and I will check in tomorrow~
Old 09-06-2005, 03:37 PM   #7  

Smile

This is my first time "weighing in". I started ww 3 weeks ago and have lost 14 pounds. I know it is going to slow down, but for now I am very excited. I have done many other diets, and they were good, but expensive. I have found that ww can be very cheap if it has to be. I do not go to the meetings, but have all the info. It's been pretty easy so far. Thanks to all of you for your posts. I have read many of them and have gotten a lot of ideas for meals/recipes. I hope to be able to help others as you have helped me.

~Tabitha
Old 09-06-2005, 08:58 PM   #8  

Tabmail: Wow, that is excellent. I don't think I could have waited 3 weeks! I'm always sneaking a peek everyother day or so....

Good job on exercising everyone!!! That is really one of the areas I sorely lack in....I know I need to, just can't get on that wagon yet.
Lynne
Old 09-07-2005, 08:18 PM   #9  

Hi Ladies - just a quick fly by - student teaching started yesterday (teachers only), the children came today and tomorrow I am teaching my first lesson. I have had grad school last night and tonight (last night was the student teaching seminar and tonight was my last course, a research course). Soooo, I should have more time to read, catch up and post tomorrow evening.

Take care,
Judy
Old 09-09-2005, 07:35 AM   #10  

Judy, Enjoy this time teaching. It's an opportunity to get your feet wet and glean many ideas from your supervising teacher and other teachers in the building. It will also be exhausting!! I got my 1st gray hairs during student teaching. Congrats on being at the final stages of your journey!
Lynne
Old 09-09-2005, 05:08 PM   #11  

S/C/G: 268.8/266.4/145

Height: 5'8"

Hi all.

I can't believe I haven't been here since Monday. It's been busy at working as we're getting ready for the religious ed programs to start in a couple of weeks.

Judy - I'm glad to hear you had a good vacation. I hope your enjoying your first days of teaching. As you say, there's light at the end of the tunnel!

Rachel - Good for you for getting in all that exercise, and for trying out new equipment. Yay for the new health club opening up!

Kelli - Falling off the wagon just builds its own momentum. Getting back on track is truely hard. You can do it.

Lynne - Congrats on losing the pound. I've found that meal planning is very helpful. Of course, I haven't done it in awhile....The work week is much easier for me too.

I was up 2 pounds on Wednesday when I weighed in. I'm not sweating it though, since I know it was water weight. And my sneak peek today shows it all gone. I think we're going to have a quiet weekend, which is good - no challenges. We might go to my mom's house, but I can handle that.

Have a great day and a terrific weekend.

Carla
Old 09-11-2005, 08:13 PM   #12  

Wow, I guess I never managed to get back this week.

Lynne - congratulations on the pound gone. I find it easier to stay OP during the week too. Are you still teaching? If so, what and to whom?

Rachel - Way to go on being consistent with the exercising. I always feel better after exercising. When I really don't want to, I tell myself I only have to do 5 or 10 minutes. Sometimes I quit there but most times I end up doing more because once I start, it feels good. I love the elliptical - I wish I could get one for my house - I only get to use them now when we are at a hotel.

KellyJo - I agree with Carla - you CAN get back on track. I try to calculate what I ate (no matter how ugly) and then somehow, I can get over it quicker and can stop beating myself up for it. My leader said this week that if you slip and calculate the slip, you;ve stayed OP. Maybe it's a bit of a head game, but then a lot of our eating is, isn't it?

Tabitha - congratulations on such great losses so far. We all help each other - it's a pretty great group!

Carla - sorry about the gain although it was only water. We had a quiet weekend too which was just fine with me. I had work to do of course but it was good not to have to be concerned about the eating part of it. How does Ana like her new school?

It's been a busy week but a good one eating wise - the Core plan really helps me cut down on the snacking and that helped me lose 1.8 of the 2.4 pounds I gained two weeks ago. I have been consistent with exercising but during the week only managed to do a little yoga early before work. Between grad school 2 nights a week and the fact that the first week of school my body seems to need to adjust to the "physical-ness" of it all, I couldn't make myself do anything after work. I think at least for the next couple of months, I have to try to do 20 - 30 minutes in the morning before work and that means trying to get up early. I did it two days last week - of course the key is getting to bed early enough.

Have a great one!
Judy
Closed Thread