Closed Thread

Old 03-01-2001, 04:50 AM   #1  

I cannot go to meetings, as i don't drive. I have a friend who's helping me who's on ww also. She is in a different state from me. I need support online. I hope i may join you here. Shirley
Old 03-01-2001, 05:29 AM   #2  
GARDENING ADDICT

Hi Shirley You are more than welcome to join right in here. I'll be looking forward to your messages and hope that you will find the support and encouragement that you are looking for. ~~~Sil
Old 03-01-2001, 07:09 AM   #3  

Hi there! I am a stay home mom and live 75 miles away from the nearest ww meating. Sooo I have just started coming here for support. I have gone to meetings when I lived in another state I lost 35 pounds but for the past year since I have moved I managed to regain most of it. This is actually my third time on WW I know it works I just need to stick to it. The key for me is to exercise and drink lots of water. The first time I lost weight on ww I didn't exercise that much I lost weight but I wasn't very firm or healthy feeling. It is allot easier to be on a diet with others so I sure like having this site. MW
Old 03-01-2001, 09:45 AM   #4  

Thanks Sil and MW. I hope i got your names right. It is so nice to have support from ww friends like you. I weigh 190 and my goal is 135. I hope to make it in 9 months, but if its longer, thats ok too. I exercised for 15 minutes today, guess thats a start. I live in the country near Austin Texas, about 30 mins away from Austin. We have been having beautiful weather, then a cold wave came thru. It was 75 and now 37. Sure wish this weather would settle, so i can get out and do some gardening. Until next time, girls. I am weighing in next Wed. Hope it is a good weigh in. Shirley

------------------
Shirl.
Old 03-02-2001, 03:19 AM   #5  

Hello again,
We felt the Seattle earthquake here. I am as north Idaho as you can get. I weigh in tomorrow. This was my first week. I mainly concentrated on exercising I missed one day. This week I need to concentrate on journaling. I am 176 lbs and would love to be 135 but realisticly since I haven't been 135 since I was 18 and didn't have two children I think my goal should be 145 or 140. I am 5'5. WW was doing a 10 percent difference thingy but I haven't gone to meetings since 123 So I don't know what that was all about but I think it was to concentrate on losing 10 percent at a time. so we should give that a try. MW
Old 03-02-2001, 05:41 AM   #6  

MW I am 5'4" and want 130 to 135 lbs. In highschool i weighed 120. Will never see that again. Good for you exercising, thats so important. That Quake was awful. I never want to be in one. Lets really try for the 130's this time, MV. I know we can. Shirley

------------------
Shirl.
Old 03-02-2001, 12:30 PM   #7  

Yes we can doooooo ittt! Remember Tony Little from the ab isolater I had one of those and an ab roller. I have since given up on the ab machines you buy from the informertials. I love Tae Bo it is my fav and works the abs better then anything I have ever tried. I am not a big fan of sit ups, I can't ever get myself to do them. Even though that is my mane fat area. Well I had a good first weak. Will get on the scale tomorrow and see how it realy went. Till tomorrow. MW
Old 03-02-2001, 05:30 PM   #8  

Good for you MV. The first week is always the most important, gets us motivated. My first start up is actually Sat., that is when my friend from North Carolina and i are officialy starting together, although i have been watching what i eat, this week. She is attending a meeting on Sat. and she is sending me her old books and she is buying new. Will be doing points. I heard raves about the Tae bo tapes.(not spelled right,im sure) I may give them a try. We will do this together. Take care now. Shirley

------------------
Shirl.
Old 03-03-2001, 07:22 AM   #9  

Hello. Shirley- I tried to send you a personal message, hope you got it. But if not, I couldn't weigh in today my daughter is sick so I can't go to my mother-in-laws where I weigh. I do feel better and I can tell I lost some because my pants fit a little better. I should have lost weight I really exercised hard this week only missing one day. This week I need to journal. MW
Old 03-06-2001, 06:02 PM   #10  

Default MW I didn't get your instant message

Glad you are doing so well. I haven't been posting for a couple of days. I decided to weigh next week. I have been exercising to. It has been beautiful the last couple of days, so it has been good walking weather. Take care. Shirley
Old 03-06-2001, 06:14 PM   #11  

HELLO WELL I WEIGHED IN 2.5 POUNDS DOWN. BUT I HAVEN'T HAD TOO MUCH MOTIVATION THIS WEAK.. I DID REARANGE MY LIVING ROOM BUT HAVEN'T DONE MY TAI BO. I FEEL SO GUILTY WHEN I DON' T. I MUST CONFESS I HAVEN'T BEEN COUNTING POINTS. I NEED TO GET THAT PART GOING. I SENT THE MESSAGE BEFORE THEY WERE DOING THE CHANGE OVER. I WAS JUST GIVING YOU MY E-MAIL ADDRESS. I LIKE THAT I GET AN E-MAIL WHEN SOMEONE RESPONDS TO OUR MESSAGES HERE AND THAT IT BRINGS YOU RITE TO THE SPOT. THANKS WELL, UNTIL NEXT TIME CHOW FOR NOW. MW
Old 03-07-2001, 06:36 PM   #12  

Default Hi MV Good Going!

I'M so glad you lost at your weigh in. 2.5 lbs is really good. You are doing something right. I hope i lose. I went up to all my points today 27. Tomorrow i will try to cut back. I have been walking, but i need to go more distance than i do. I may make that a goal for next week. I am going to do Carb addicts diet with my points from ww and combine the two and see how that works. I will eat the bulk of my food at about 1:00 o'clock and light at night. I don't eat breakfast until about 10:00. Take care. Shirley
Old 03-07-2001, 10:18 PM   #13  

Hello shirl, glad to hear from you. Well i weighed again today and down to 173 the other day when I weighed I felt bloated so I figured I had lost a little more. Well only 3 pounds so far. but a good start since I haven't realy been dieting just exercising. But I will start the diet it is MY goal this week. I tried the ATkins diet I liked it but couldn't do it more then two weeks. so I think that I should do WW but avoid as many carbs as possible I looked at my old ww journals and most of it is carbs. Well, goodbye for now. Margaret
Old 03-15-2001, 11:04 AM   #14  

Default MV I am Back

Hi My puter has been messing up, so the reason for not posting. I hope you will forgive me. I am doing fairly well, but still get hungry. Maybe i need to eat more protien. Also got to stay off the sugar and sweets, my downfall. Hope you are still losing and let me know how you are doing . Shirl
Old 03-15-2001, 11:08 AM   #15  

Default Sorry! I will call you Margaret from now on

I didn't know your name was Margaret, until now, sorry! Shirl
Closed Thread