Closed Thread

Old 08-01-2004, 06:01 PM   #1  

Default New Weight Watchers Program - Approved Leak

This is the info I printed off the Weight Watchers International Internet message board:

Quote:

"There are now two options. The Flex Plan as we know it, and the new option is called the Core Plan. That is the one that you don't need to journal or track points. You just eat certain foods from food groups. Still the same 5 fruits and veggies, still the same water, still the same dairy servings, and still the same vitamins.

The foods in the Core Program are:

Whole wheat pasta
brown rice
no sugar added cereals
soups (non creamy)
You also have 35 flex points if you want to use them for foods that are NOT on the Core Program list.

Ok, we had our big Innovations meeting today and we are given the OK to start "leaking" some very limited information. I was one of the "test" members to actually be doing this program for the last 4 weeks. It is awesome. But if you do not want to change, you will still heve the Flex Plan. WW is now offering 2 plans to choose from depending on your lifestyle, and you can flip back and forth, from week to week, if you choose. I have been doing "points" now for over 6 years, and I was skeptical too, but after doing the new program, I am convinced members will absolutely love it, and the fact that you have a choice if the greatest.

All the new materials are wonderful, and new products are very exciting. WW is the best, and the best is yet co come. Stay tuned for the week of August 23rd."

Well, that's what I read, printed out, and typed for you.

Sounds like the old selecton plan, updated for those who need more structure. Sounds great!
Old 08-02-2004, 11:00 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 268.8/266.4/145

Height: 5'8"

Thanks Jocelyn. I'm relieved that they are keeping the flex plans so that I can continue to use WW on-line and not be forced to change. I will probably give the core plan a try down the rode, but I know from past efforts that I don't do well with being told what I can and can't eat.
Old 08-03-2004, 04:45 PM   #3  
CIN

Default Wow

Joycelynn
Do you mind sharing exactly where on the WW board this was posted? I attended Innovations and we were instructed to NOT leak out a thing except it is coming...I would love to see where this came from!
Cin
Old 08-05-2004, 03:20 PM   #4  

This doesn't seem too terribly different from the exchange program that was around in the 90s. Or am I missing something?

From what I recall, there was the basic exchange program, then they did a dual system that had exchanges or planned menus. Around this time you could also purchase meals from the center for $$$ a week. Then they came out with the fat and fiber plan, which eventually morphed into the various points plants as we know them now.

I guess the new system will be better for those who have a hard time dealing with the huge amount of choices in points. But I hope they don't kill points out. There is no way I'm going to suffer through exchanges and optional calories (even if they call them flex points) again.
Old 08-05-2004, 05:58 PM   #5  
CIN

Please do not fear! WW is not doing away with Flex Points!

There will simply be another plan for another option.

I work for WW and to my knowledge there was no such thing as "permission to leak out some info".................................(that is why I ask Joycelynn who did not answer where she read her info)

It will be "out" Aug 22nd!

Cin
Old 08-05-2004, 07:08 PM   #6  

The way I am reading Jocelyn's post, she isn't the one "doing the leaking", rather, she copied that post from the Weight watchers international message board. On the WW site, there are references to the core program in other message board posts, although I didn't look long enough to find the original post. But I don't think Jocelyn was the leaker.

Tink
Old 08-05-2004, 09:00 PM   #7  
CIN

I was not calling her the "leaker"

In fact she has this posted somewhere else and I simply ask "Where on the WW site is it?" I am curious. I would love to see it.I am not out to "report" anything on anyone! I am of a peaceful nature honestly!

Thanks
Cin
Old 08-05-2004, 10:30 PM   #8  

CIN: Where on the WW message boards have you looked? Why don't you post which threads you have searched and perhaps we can help direct you.
Old 08-05-2004, 11:17 PM   #9  
CIN

I went to the WW Website and searched under some daily threads......27 pages to be honest the other day.......to no avail.

Cin
She did mean WW website and not here didnt she?
Old 08-06-2004, 10:13 AM   #10  

I read about this on another board as well. The "leak" was on the main WW page. Under the international thread, and then under flex points talk I believe. These are the same kinds of rumors that ran rampant before flex points come out...but I can't wait until things are "official" and I can figure out whether to stay with flex points or try the new program!

I may be wrong about the location, but if i figure out where I screwed up, I'll post back!

Shannon
Old 08-06-2004, 05:59 PM   #11  

I took this from the weight watchers international message forum. It's still up there.

I believe it's an approved leak, because it's still there!

Let's face it, WW is a business and these leaks stir excitement and interest in their new program. How else will the word get spread before the "official" announcement? Sounds kinda clever to me!
Old 08-06-2004, 06:02 PM   #12  

P.S. To CNN: WW International may have you sign away your life pledging not to utter a word about this program at those Innovation meetings, but fact is people talk and gossip; it's part of the human condition.

We don't even know if the info I posted is accurate, but I'll bet it's close enough. Last year, when Flex Plan was leaked on 3fatchicks, it was accurate down to the last word. Can't say the same for this, but at least we have some general knowledge of what's coming, and I'm sure it IS called the Core Plan.
Old 08-07-2004, 07:12 AM   #13  

Hello , Im new to this site but I happen to stumble across it from someone who is a member of another site and she posted the link to this site here. She said the name of the plan was something called No Counting, but since the info hasnt come out yet I guess we just need to sit tight and wait a couple more weeks. I on the other hand have started the WW at home but I chose to do it on a somewhat lower carb way but I refuse to limit myself to any drastic carb changes as I have done the Atkins diet before and have lost weight but then gave up and gained it all back , then i did the Winning Points Plan and lost weight but something in my life caused me to stop it and I gained all that weight back. Now I am back and trying to incorporate both WW and do it on a lower carb version on my own, so this possible news about them changing to something like that will be a good thing for alot of people.
Old 08-08-2004, 08:50 PM   #14  
CIN

Default To Joycelyn

Joycelyn
CNN is a news station.................
You have all the news not me!

Cin ( for Cindy)

Hope you all like the new option that will be offered Aug 23rd! If not the Flex Points will still be there! Good Luck with whatever Plan you mangae to lose weight with.That is what is most important! Right?
Old 08-10-2004, 04:21 PM   #15  

I don't get it; the "core group" includes no protein, vegetables, fruits or calcium. Am I missing something?
Closed Thread