Closed Thread

Old 04-17-2001, 06:29 AM   #16  
GARDENING ADDICT

Pat~~~ That is so funny. I saw that icon on some website and I thought, "That would be too cruel to use for someones b-day." So it really caught me off guard .
If we are not willing to laugh at ourselves then how can we laugh at others. I think many of us have seen ourselves in that pic. Too funny

Jenny~~~ Saw you joined the new challenge. Good for you. I'm so glad that somebody else started it this time. It's very embarassing when you are the one to start it and you end up gaining weight
But I fully intend to do much better this time. Good luck to you!

Good morning to everybody else~~Dena, Ellie,Sharon,Carla~~~Hope you are all doing well and still checking in every day.
~~~Sil
Old 04-17-2001, 10:51 AM   #17  

Hi Everyone!

Yesterday I went on a 2 hour hike with my hiking group. Boy, did we have a lot of fun! Hiking up trails I didn't even know exited. Our group consists of all ages... ranging from the 20's to 80! First, we carpooled to our destination, which was 35 minutes away. Then we hiked through shrubbery and oak trees. We saw all kinds of beautiful plants, flowers and wildlife. And heard the sounds of crows, scub jays, mockingbirds, woodpeckers, toehees, warblers and hawks while we hiked. Too cool.

After dinner, I went to the gym and got on the treadmill for 45 minutes. All of this exercise makes me feel great physically and mentally.

I'm so determined to drop those extra 6 lbs. I picked up since Feb. Sheesh. Easy to gain, hard to lose. But I will (and will have fun doing it).

Have a great day, everyone!!
(Hugs),
Dena
Old 04-17-2001, 09:48 PM   #18  
snerdlet

Dena - WOW! 2 hours of hiking and 45 minutes of treadmill---you go girl! I like how you said you would the weight and have fun doing it (or else) HA HA HA...

Sil - I had to use that picture of the piggy....you didn't see me at my birthday party so I will tell you - that is an authentic self portrait. I did a whole lot better these last two days. Back on a regular schedule.....

Ellie, Sharon, Jennie, Carla, Sil, and Dena - have a great OP day. You know, I think we lost some people.

oh well - See ya later
Pat

Old 04-18-2001, 08:07 AM   #19  

GOODMORNING ALL......

It's been awhile, glad everyone seems to be well.

Belated HAPPY BIRTHDAY Pat...what a cute image...lol...
something that will remain in my mind everytime I'm
tempted.

Jenny a HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO YOU TOO!

Sil CONGRATULATIONS on passing your test...this was
wonderful news...so happy for you...sure know who to call when the old ticker is in trouble. Glad your taxes got done, I always seem to put it off then rush doing, but I finally got mine done, even a week earlier then usual lol...it's always such a relief.

Ellie congrats in your 2 lb loss...that always brings a smile to my face when I hear that.

Bee, Dana, Sharon....hello's to you too.

It's been awhile since I posted I have to get back into the swing of things....dog wanted her treats, she does that everytime I come in this room...might have to put her on a weight loss program too if she keeps that up.

Alls well here...busy when kids are home from school, bells ringing, phones ringing and always some kind of
"action for distraction"...but nice and quiet now, oh no, dog sitting staring at me, now wants to go out...and I thought my kids grew up...

Had granddaughter for weekend and then off to my sister in laws for Easter...was nice holiday weekend.

So now back to reality and getting spring cleaning done...only forget what year I'm doing it for...1990-91 lol...

Well it's beginning to feel more like spring even though we're having cool mornings...still like it.

Nice to be back into the swing of things...take care and make it a good day everyone...haven't gained any weight, but not really sure lost any either so will have to work on that.

See you all tomorrow.

Carla
Old 04-18-2001, 08:53 AM   #20  

Quick note......

GOODMORNING AMERICA is having a gradening contest...all you gardeners might check it out....give it a shot...just thought you might be interested...it has to be done by yourself not a professional!!!

Carla
Old 04-18-2001, 09:34 AM   #21  

Good Morning, Everyone!

Just thought I'd check it to say I had a very successful day yesterday. I'm proud to say that, since it's been a while. Not only did I eat healthy, but I went to the gym twice!! I got on the treadmill for an hour in the morning and went back and did the same after dinner. Somehow I got lost in the beat of the music and kept on going... just like the energizer bunny.LOL

I think part of the reason I feel so much better is because the taxes are out of here. Boy, that can be a stress.

Carla, glad to see you again.

Pat, I love all of your images. That piggy reminded me of my last birthday, too.LOL

Sil, you must feel like a million bucks now that your test is over with!

Hope that everyone has a great day!
(Hugs),
Dena
Old 04-18-2001, 10:34 AM   #22  
GARDENING ADDICT

HAPPY WATER-FILLED WEDNESDAY!!!!!

This will be my 2nd attempt to post , since I got kicked off-line just as I was trying to post earlier

Dena~~~ Way to go, girl!!!!!!! You are putting us all to shame. My, gosh~~2 hr hikes and the gym twice in one day. The rest of us need to get busy.

Carla~~~I'm not sure what year I'm doing the Spring cleaning for either Funny how that happens~there's just so much that needs to be done.
I love our morning coffee chats~thanks.

Well, today I plan to get some housework and homework done, then mow the lawns and vacuum out the pool ( the high winds we had yesterday have left pine and oak tassles all over the bottom )
It would also be nice if I could just get my butt on the exercise bike~maybe if I keep thinking of Jenny's eyeball watching me it will happen.
Everybody (Carla, Jenny, Pat, Sharon, Ellie and Dena) have a great day. It does seem like we are missing people.
~~~Sil
Old 04-18-2001, 11:21 AM   #23  

Default Good morning!

Just time for a quick one. I am determined not to stay on this computer any longer than necessary, am going to try and stay more active.

I have walked on my t/mill, 1.5 miles, ridden the exercise bike , 1.5 miles, and now for the rest of my day, will try to do some badly needed cleaning!!
I have to remember, the world won't come to an end if I am not on my computer, I do love this thing so!!!

Have to confess to you gals, I didn't stay OP yesterday, I did walk, but nothing else, and I ate like there was going to be no tomorrow. Well, tomorrow did arrive, and I am back OP today. We'll see how long it lasts this time. I had worked my way up to 14 days OP, then came yesterday. Bummer!!!

Hi to everyone, gonna go clean some drawers. Does that count for Spring cleaning?????

TTFN
Old 04-18-2001, 04:26 PM   #24  

I cant afford to spend so much time at the computer either ELLIE.
Dear friends Things have ben happening here and they are very distressing , my daughter 16 tried to commit suidide over the easter weekend. There I said it.
My brain is having trouble with everything, just wanted to let you know why Im not the same as last week.
Jenny
Old 04-18-2001, 04:32 PM   #25  

Hi everyone,

Thought I'd say hi while the girls are sleeping. I got a nap in too. Things have calmed down here but I'm still recuperating.

Last week was a nightmare. I lost the disc with all the teachers contracts on them. Everyday I searched for them and was in the crazed mode knowing they were here somewhere but couldn't find them and couldn't let go of it. The contracts were late as it as and I lived in fear of people calling me and asking "Hey where are they." No one called and Easter night I found them mis-filed(made up word I'm sure) and got them done.

Also last week my neighbor asked me to watch her son for three weeks in the summer. I'm usually good at saying I'll have to think about it but even though I didn't want to do it I said yes. He is a year older than Sara and decided he wouldn't play with girls last year and doesn't even talk to her when we go over for a family function. That worry didn't last too long. I called her the next day & told her I would do it for a week and that was fine.

I was also in charge of the Easter menu at my father in-laws house. He was making a ham and turkey and my 2 sister-in-laws and I were to do the rest. One sister didn't answer my 4 e-mails and finally had her husband call Easter morning at 11:15 to say she was bringing quiche and a salad. I informed her husband to forget the salad since I made one when I hadn't heard from them. She has a lot of problems and fears. I was able to see how sick she is and offer her help and an ear if she needed it but I also decided not to have any expectations of her.

Lastly my uncle died last week. Though he was a great man and we will miss him it wasn't too hard because he was 89 and had a good life. It was difficult on my parents and Aunt who are in their 80's. It was a long couple of days for everyone between the traveling and the emotions.

I'm doing much better this week. I got Brielle back on medication for her allergies so she is sleeping thru the night. She was getting up pretty much every night for the last couple of weeks. So, with no sleep and a lot going on I haven't been in the best place. I think my body still needs a couple of days of relaxation and then I'll be tip top and ready for the next couple of weeks of life.

I'm going back on program tomorrow. Going to send all the goodies to my parents and friends and go food shopping tonight or tomorrow. DH is in Myrtle Beach golfing. I hope the weather is nice. He doesn't get away often and when he does the weather doesn't usually co-operate.

Thanks for listening.
I'll talk to you later or tomorrow and respond to everyones posts.
Old 04-18-2001, 04:40 PM   #26  

Jenny so sorry to hear about your daughter. I didn't see your post until I posted mine. My thoughts and prayers are with your daughter and your family.
Old 04-18-2001, 05:03 PM   #27  

((((((((((((((((((((((((Jenny))))))))))))))))))))) )))))))

Know we're here for you....you are in my thoughts and prayers. If you need a shoulder, you have many who care and will lend it, as a group or individually we're here for you don't forget.

Carla
Old 04-18-2001, 06:35 PM   #28  
GARDENING ADDICT

Jenny, I am so sorry to hear about your daughter. My prayers are with you, your daughter and your family. Please check your private messages when you get a chance.~~~Sil
Old 04-18-2001, 07:34 PM   #29  

Jenny.........oh Jenny, that makes me feel so badly. remember, we are here for you, if you need to talk or vent, anything. Your daughter must have some really deep concerns about something to have tried that. Get her into some counseling as quickly as you can. I'm sure you already have, just wanted to stress the importance of it.

I'll be keeping you in my thoughts and prayers.

TTFN: Ellie
Old 04-19-2001, 08:59 PM   #30  
snerdlet

Jenny - I feel just awful inside. I read your post and I wish I could do something for you to make you feel better. If you need to vent, cry, hit something - we are all here for you........don't ever forget that.

Sharon - sounds like you are really down also. I wish I could be there for you physically but I can't so I will be there for you online, ok? We all understand your frustrations as all of us have been there at one time or another. Go ahead and vent all you want...... we are listening.

If I haven't said it before - Thank you to everyone here on this message board. You have all been there for me when I needed you and it felt good to see so much empathy for one of our own who needs us. You really are a great bunch of friends..........

I wish for you a safe, happy and healthy weekend!
Pat

I am attaching the butterfly because it always made me happy looking at it. I hope it does the same for you.

Closed Thread