Old 06-29-2015, 12:39 PM   #1  

Default Starting WW again

I just joined the forum last week and am loving it but was hoping to find this subforum more active.

I have done WW in the past with great success. I know it's not for everyone but it works for me. It keeps me accountable for what I eat and also gives me a limit and makes me portion more accurately. I plan on using it as a means to control my food intake as I need to get my eating in check.
Raining is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2015, 09:18 PM   #2  
Less of a Better Me

Hi. I don't do WW at home. I am a meeting member, but happy to try to answer any WW questions you might have. Good luck with the plan.
Koshka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2015, 07:58 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 268.8/268.8/175

I too am starting WW from home! I've also had pretty good success with the program. I love this site because of the support and information it provides you with.
Peanuts2014 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2015, 08:48 AM   #4  

I am on WW at home. So far I have lost 17 lbs on the program, which averages to a little under 1.5 lbs a week. I am pretty happy with the program, and the weight I have lost so far. Wishing it would go a little bit faster, but I am not complaining.
Becs08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2016, 08:01 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 188.4/188.4/150

Hi I 2 have started WW at home !!! this is the first time im trying it at home since they have changed the entire program.. and i want to try to go back to the momentum WW... Let us knoe how everything is working out for you !!
Mayrita87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2016, 05:02 PM   #6  

Wow I haven't been on this thread since just a few days after starting WW again. I am still going strong.

Last edited by Raining; 02-01-2016 at 05:20 PM.
Raining is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2016, 03:33 PM   #7  

S/C/G: 221/180/150

Height: 5'2 1/4"

I too am doing WW at home. I love the new plan. I've been on it for a little over a week and I've lost 2 lbs as WI which are Mondays for me.
pattygirl63 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2016, 09:21 AM   #8  

S/C/G: 265/245/150 SW/CW/GW

Height: 5" 6"

How is everyone liking the new program? My daughter is currently pregnant but wants to try the new program after giving birth.
huntress is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2016, 07:49 PM   #9  
Less of a Better Me

I don't do WW at home. I go to meetings, but I really like the new program a lot. I like how it promotes healthier eating.
Old 02-07-2016, 09:42 AM   #10  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Koshka View Post
Hi. I don't do WW at home. I am a meeting member, but happy to try to answer any WW questions you might have. Good luck with the plan.
I subscribe to your blog and have to tell everyone it is terrific. Thank You very much.
classykaren is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-29-2016, 06:04 PM   #11  

S/C/G: 166.4/167/150

Height: 5'10"

I did WW years ago and it worked for me, I'm trying to do a "home" version of WW using points plus - to balance my calorie counting efforts. I'm wondering if a once-a-week weigh might be a good idea too. I generally weigh every day and it's downright depressing to see the weight go up and down so much, but honestly I think I am a little addicted to the scale.
Michelll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2016, 10:18 AM   #12  

S/C/G: 205/183/145

Height: 5'3"

Mitchell, I am doing WW strictly on-line, and it is working for me. DO NOT weigh yourself every day! It is discouraging. I weigh once a week. That way you can see truer patterns. You can do this!
CarolinaWhitney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2016, 12:01 PM   #13  
SummerRuth2013-MFP

S/C/G: 275.5/See Ticker/200

Height: 5'5

Actually, weighing yourself daily gives you a better idea of how foods affect your weight. I weigh every day and have been doing so for over 2 months and in that time period, I've lost 22 lbs.
Mama_Angel_2006 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2016, 01:42 AM   #14  
Less of a Better Me

It just depends. Personally, I weigh every day. And, I've read research which says that overall people who weigh daily do better and lose more weight. By weighing every day, I get used to the natural fluctuation in my weight. And, if I don't weigh more often, I can stop paying enough attention to what I eat.

But....some people are derailed by daily weighing. They get demotivated when they see daily weight fluctuations. So, it doesn't work for everyone.
Old 04-09-2016, 08:50 AM   #15  

S/C/G: 331/191/170

Height: 5'10

Hi - Im an on line member - the two group time for meetings are just not at times I can do ... and Im not to keen to join the local busybodies I know that go there for one group
as some have been long term members and others are just small weight loss members that look at you like how did you let your self get that big... they only have a small amounts to loose and not very supportive

I have been finding the online community supportive ...

Weigh ins .... weight watchers encourages weekly weigh ins to track - most diet programs I have seen encourage this

I have been weighing in weekly and on the program for just over a month I have lost 11 kg which is about 24 pounds in that time
I am a member of the 300+ club and have a long way to go ....

Choosing how you do with weighing in - try weekly if you find you want to do more often - keep a chart and weigh in - compare each week day with each week day if you go daily so compare this wed with last wed and thurs with thurs do not be put off with small ups and downs were going for the bigger down overall
the best thing I have found is tracking everything you eat and also taking measurements to see how you are loosing weight and where frim - I only weigh in once a week - more often too depressing for me and I self sabotage
I have lost 11 kg or 24 pounds so far on the WW smart points program weighing in once a week over a period of 5 weeks
Karencat is offline   Reply With Quote