Old 01-06-2015, 02:30 PM   #1  
emily elizabeth

S/C/G: 263/249/200

Height: 5'9"

Default saying hello! back on track and brand new here!

Hello Chickadees!

My name is Emily and I'm back in the saddle again, out where a pound is a pound, where the pointers count them up and see the pounds fall off, back in the saddle again!

I lost about forty lbs a year and a half ago, then met an amazing man and feel hard in love and in desserts. We're about to celebrate our one year anniversary and as it so often goes...he's lost 40lbs and I've gained almost that back!

I started tracking points in earnest yesterday. I've done WW before with great success but I've never really joined their forums, or any online support, hoping that's the missing ingredient!

Just wanted to introduce and say hello! How has this board helped you?
emilydolleyes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2015, 03:09 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 296/273/190

Height: 5'10

Hello and welcome. ^_^

I like coming here just to chat back and forth about what I'm doing and what other people are doing, and sort of cheer people on when I can.

Probably the biggest benefit I get though, is from talking about what I'm doing, because it reminds me what my goals are and what plan I'm sticking to, and how well I'm doing so I can continue to feel encouraged by myself. I guess that sounds kind of bad, for being antisocial, but that's where the main benefit is for me, truly.

For someone more social or people-oriented, I think the benefit would be more from reaffirming with others, hearing support, and seeing people in a similar boat going through the same struggles (don't get me wrong; those things affect me too! They just aren't primary for me).

Whatever it is that keeps you going, I hope you can find it here. It's always nice having more people around to jabber with.
faiora is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2015, 03:47 PM   #3  
emily elizabeth

Thanks faiora! That's exactly what I'm looking for! Looking forward to getting to know everyone and hearing about their successes!
Old 01-06-2015, 03:52 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 244/ticker/130

Height: 5'4

Welcome Emily!

I'm also doing a Weight Watchers plan through home.. though not using the official tools as I didn't want to pay the $60 a month for a points calculator.. which is literally all I need. So I found some free tools online to use, and then I use these forums for support.

Personally, I've found them to be extremely helpful. The Weight Watchers specific forums tend to be a bit quiet, but other areas are a lot more active. I have a thread in the 100+ section that I post to almost daily. I put my meal/exercise plan for the day there and it helps me adhere to it.. in addition to just making sure I plan ahead. There's also a lot of folks here that can relate to my situation, which I'm lacking in real life. Unfortunately I'm the only person friends or family wise that has really struggled with weight issues. Others have never been overweight, let alone obese, or simply don't care about getting healthier at this point in time. Being able to rant and get empathy definitely helps with some areas.. and having people to celebrate achievements with, who understand how difficult that achievement is also helps.

The one thing I will say though, is that it's a board.. so it's only as useful as you make it. You do have to post to receive support/help. I have seen some people who didn't find the board useful and the common factor seems to be posting in places that aren't highly traffic'd or not posting often at all. On the other hand I've made some friends that I keep in contact with outside of the boards through here too. We'll text or message each other to check in every so often. So it is what you make of it I hope you find the help you're looking for here!

Edited to add: One thing I forgot to mention, is that the boards also help me keep positive. I make sure to post even tiny accomplishments, or things I did well.. and talk positively towards others. Doing that on a consistent basis helps keep the "negative talk" that goes on in my head at bay.

Last edited by sunarie; 01-06-2015 at 03:53 PM.
sunarie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2015, 05:46 PM   #5  
emily elizabeth

Awesome sunarie! I'll have to check out the other forums to see what's cracking.

I'm lucky enough to have a bff whose working on very similar issues and adding more supports never hurt!