Scale Obsession

You're on Page 1 of 2
Go to
  • Is there anyone else out there who is addicted to the scale? It will either break or make my day. I get on it in the morning, when I get home from work and when I go to bed. I know it's not a good way to judge my progress, because of water weight ect. This I know. But I still do it. I have to somehow find a way to stop this. Saturday's is my weigh in day so, I got on it once today. I'm thinking that if anyone else does this we can post how we are doing.
  • Oh yeah. Well, I go through phases. I think a lot of people do. when I do really well and work out, I want to see those results immediately!!
  • I'm currently on scale strike......but when I did weigh it would be almost every day and when I didn't see a loss or goodness forbid a gain it was catastrophic.
  • I have a tendancy to obsess, and as such am at risk for developing very very dangerous eating habits.... Because of this. I do not allow myself NEAR the scale except friday morning, after i use the little girls room and before breakfast... Completely naked lol...

Same time, place and circumstances every week, otherwise i beat myself up and either want to eat bad things, or nothing at all...
  • Well, I'm slipping into my old habits. I did you good last week too. I think I need a good kick in the butt! I guess I'll probably keep weighing everyday. Then on Saturday I'll try to get back on a routine again. Haven't been tracking food much either. I need to get out of this down mood. Must be winter blues. Need to get rid of all this snow.
  • In the beginning, it was so bad that if I was up, it'd ruin my whole day but now daily weighing is no big deal if I happen to be up one day. Nowit is more of to see where I am and how some food affects me if I had a high sodium day, kinda thing.
  • Yep, me like scale. No big deal. Sometimes the number is higher, sometimes lower. But as long as it gets lower every now and again, I am cool with that.
  • I weigh myself every morning
  • Saturdays are my weigh in days. To much fluctuations during the week
  • I weigh myself every single morning...sometimes that is my motivation to wake up on time. I am going to attempt to not weigh myself until Friday morning.....EEK!
  • I weigh myself daily, which depending on the number, can sometimes affect my mood way more than I should let it. I'm trying to gradually decrease it to every few days but it's a work in progress. It shouldn't be so challenging to limit myself to a once-a-week weigh in but it is. You are not alone!
  • I used to weigh every day, but I got too discouraged, so now I only weigh once a week, same day, in the morning and before I've eaten. If I wasn't trying to lose weight and just maintaining, I might weigh myself a bit more often, but if I'm trying to lose it's not worth the discouragement.
  • Hi,

I hear what you are saying, I had a few scales where I became obsessed with weighing myself. I am debating getting a scale again but I don't want to weigh myself on it too often and then get frustrated. I have had an unhealthy relationship with the scale for awhile, sometimes at doctor's offices I have asked for me to not know my weight, closing my eyes or stepping on backwards. This is something that I definitely struggle with.

Take care, good luck.
  • I hear you on the snow thing. I am new at this web page (very excited but new) anyways i feel like you, I have fallen and need a good kick to get me going again. Any advice is accepted.
  • I only get addicted to the scale when I put the weight back on