3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   WW At Home (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ww-home-22/)
-   -   Breakfast help please (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ww-home/270987-breakfast-help-please.html)

MissyGurl 12-03-2012 08:06 PM

Breakfast help please

Hi there - I am new to this website. I am doing WW at home (just re-started today). Do you have some low point breakfast ideas you can suggest. My current staple is 1/2 cup soy milk, 3/4 cup honey cheerios, and a banana but I am hungry soon after that.
Thanks for any help you can offer!
:)

drixnot 12-03-2012 10:56 PM

protein fights off hunger.... look for something with protein.

EricAnn 12-03-2012 11:07 PM

I don't know much about weight watchers, but can you add in a hard boiled egg or some peanut butter or something with more protein?

Tudor Rose 12-04-2012 09:12 AM

I was going to suggest the same thing as EricAnn: hard boiled egg (if you eat eggs. Since you're drinking soy milk I don't want to assume) or peanut butter with the banana. You really just need to add protein in.

MissyGurl 12-04-2012 09:59 AM

Thanks for the suggestion about protein. I do eat eggs - milk just upsets my tummy. Thanks again. I look forward to getting to know you guys as I am brand new to this board!
M

drixnot 12-05-2012 05:28 AM

lol... I was going to say eggs to... but I saw the soy milk and changed it. I didn't even think about being lactose intolerant.

lrgemmell 12-05-2012 06:05 PM

I found a couple oatmeals that I really like at Target, one is even organic. They are great if you're on the go, they don't have a ton of sugar and they keep me full til I'm ready for my morning fruit snack. They are 4 points each, and you just make them with water, and the pouch it comes in measures your water for you. It is so handy I will be going back to get more this week. I can't remember the name of the brand off the top of my head but I usually have that with a banana and I am fine til snack time. Oatmeal isn't listed on the Weight Watchers plan as a power food, but it totally is. Its so healthy for you and will give you bonus energy. If you want some bonus protein too, just mix in some almonds and away you go!

texscrapper 01-07-2013 09:06 PM

I use egg beaters and toss in tons of veggies to make an omelette. I also if d that when I devote at least 5-7 points to breakfast I stay fuller longer vs 3-4 pt days.

Other options - Yogurt (if you can eat it) & granola, grits, center cut bacon, toast with I Can't Believe It's not Butter Spray, make your own fruit salad, bagel, hash brown patties

Don't forget - you can eat anything for breakfast! It doesn't necessarily have to be breakfast foods. There are days I wake up super hungry and I have leftover chicken breast with veggies in the morning :)