Closed Thread

Old 03-08-2001, 08:40 AM   #16  
Determined Chick!

Hi group! I thought I'd check in before work and find my motivation for the day :-) As I type, I am wearing a skirt that had previously been too tight! It is in the size I wear (16), but I grew out of it almost immediatly after buying it. I was really pushing the size 16 envelope before getting serious about WW, so I have a lot of those clothes around -- positive feedback! I love it!

Cece's comment about a salami sandwich got my mouth watering and drove me to the kitchen to make a "real" dinner last night :-). 4 oz steak (5 pts), smothered in free sauteed mushrooms, onion and garlic (sauteed with Pam spray), an oven -- not microwaved -- baked potatoe (3), with 1 T of Brummel and Brown (1 -- love that stuff!). Mmmm - very satisfying. Sometimes I have to remind myself to make real, satisfying dinners. If I cheap out on dinner pts, I just fight snacking all night long.

Have a great day guys -- I plan on getting to the gym to exercise for the 1st time this week :-P -- not doing to well in that category.

Holly
Old 03-08-2001, 10:30 AM   #17  

S/C/G: 268.8/266.4/145

Height: 5'8"

Hi everyone.

Holly - I'm glad my simple sandwich inspired you to cook such a scrumptious dinner! You're right a satisfying dinner does keep snacking at bay. Great going on getting into that skirt. You must have been thrilled. Sometimes it's indications of success like that that mean more to me than what the scale says.

Well, my sandwich last night wasn't quite what I had in mind. We had plans to go to family storytime at the library right after John and Ana picked me up at the train. My sweet husband didn't want me to be hungry so he brought with him a salami sandwich (don't know how he knew I had salami in mind) on an English Muffin. It was good, but not quite filling, so I made another sandwich on N.O. bread when I got home. All in all, the same number of points. I managed to bank another 4 points yesterday, so I've stayed within my point range every day so far. This morning I did a 1/2 hour on the stationary bike, so I'm feeling good about the exercise as well.

Have a great day everyone.

Carla
Old 03-08-2001, 03:07 PM   #18  

Well, I just wrote a long reply and the program closed. You probably didn't want to read all that anyway.

Judy, any stability ahead on the job. Yea, I know it's not that much of a gain, but was hoping for a downturn. Good for you, doing the yoga during this time of stress.

Carla, salami sandwich - Yum!! Last night I made a sausage, bagel, melted cheese sandwiches. I ate the whole thing and thought I should have just had half. But I did not snack that evening. Still a balancing act.

Holly, I bet you look wonderful in that skirt that fits. Let us know about the other clothes you can get into. That is a real motivator for me.

Work has been a little calmer for me and it sure makes a difference on my home life. More energy and time to think about what I am eating. Took the dog and we walked to the cleaners, instead of driving after work.

Well, here's to a good drinking day - Jan
Old 03-09-2001, 07:17 AM   #19  
Determined Chick!

Good Morning Everyone! Ok, that sounded *way* cheerier than I acually feel at just after 6 A.M. ;-)

Here comes another weekend, and all the food challenges that come with it. I'm actually finding lately that it isn't the food challenges, but the hanging around the house that poses the problem for me. I really struggled last week to stay OP. Of course, I have also not been out to a restaurant that isn't Subway, either ;-)

Jan - I"m glad things are getting easier at work - and it is great that you take note of how the stress effects your eating patterns. Walking to do your errands is a good idea -- and I'm sure the dog appreciated it :-)
I live in an extremely small town in the middle of farm country, so I'd have to walk 15 miles or so to do that . (I was at the grade school the other day, and they
include an "ag fact" (agricultural) in the announcements at the end of the day! That really hit home how far from Chicago I actually live ;-) )

Cece - You sound like you have really pulled the program together for yourself -- way to go!! I can't wait to hear your loss for this week!

Don't mean to leave the rest of you out, but if I don't stop and get in the shower, I will not make my 8:30 staff meeting :-Z Hang in there! Holly
Old 03-09-2001, 08:42 AM   #20  

Carla – Yum – that dinner sounds great (and what can be better than having 2 salami sandwiches??) although I’m sorry to hear the you were “chained to your desk”. I know I sound like a commercial here, but isn’t it great to know that you can have that when you plan it in? Way to go girlfriend for getting on that bike again – wow – banked points and exercising. You are in the groove! Thanks for the reminder that it takes 3500 calories to make a pound! I’m sure you find this too – when I go “off” these days, it’s not nearly as “bad” (for lack of a better word) as before WW. No, I haven’t heard from Angie and I keep telling myself I will drop her a line. I think I will put that on my “to do” list for today.

Holly – Yahoooo for being comfortable in that skirt. Although I tend to rely on the scale too much, I think how your clothes fit is the best indication of how I’m “doing”. That dinner sounds delicious. Way to go for planning on getting back to the gym! Have you thought about some kind of project you can do on the weekends to help? I’ve decided I want to finish the sweater I’m making for my great niece by my grandson’s birthday party and it really helped me avoid too much snacking last year.

Jan – I’m glad to hear that work was less stressful for you. No more news so far and just tons of work for me but hopefully I’ll know more in a couple of weeks. Way to go for walking to the cleaners instead of driving! That’s a great way of getting the exercise in. Mmmm, that bagel sandwich sounded yummy - and not snacking after eating it deserves a YAHOO!!!!

I had a pretty good day yesterday even though it was pretty stressful at work. I did a tough aerobic/strength workout out at lunch. I was going to do some yoga after work but just felt really tired (I’m feeling some swollen glands too) and decided to just take it easy. It was a pretty low point day and after deciding that I wanted to finish this sweater before the 25th, I found myself with a few of FOOD points to bank (can’t remember the last time that happened with this new range). I managed to erase all but 1.5 points of my deficit and feel pretty good about having done so (without too much obsessing!). We don’t have any specific plans this weekend other than to straighten up the house a bit and get to Toys R Us.

Have a great Finally Fiber Filled Friday!
Judy
Old 03-09-2001, 12:26 PM   #21  

Hi East Coast friends - let's see you are already into your day.

Holly, funny our differences. I probably would have to go out about 10 miles to reach the countryside. I really don't mind walking in our neighborhood, but walking in the country sounds wonderful!! Keep busy this weekend and away from the goodies!! We are switching some furniture with our sons this weekend, so will keep me busy. You are right, I do recognize how stress effects me. Just haven't figured out a way to handle it.

Judy, I wonder how much I would weigh, if it wasn't for my needlework. Working on an afghan to give to my future daughter-in-law for a shower gift. Funny thing is she has been eyeing this afghan and telling me how wonderful it is. I keep telling her that I am making it for my other son. I have about 44 rows to go! How do you do aerobics at lunch? Do they have a place for you/ shower? Just curious. Forgot to tell you that I put sauerkraut on my sandwich, which I love and 0 pts.

Carla, I have salami at the top of my shopping list this weekend! Keep biking.

Last night went bowling after work and then went to visit Roger's (hubby) Mom in the hospital. Picked up Subway Veggie Delite sandwiches for dinner. Love those things. Had these delicious cookies in the office, yesterday. I enjoy the oatmeal ones. Decided I could have 2. Picked up one and found out it was peanut butter and decided it wasn't worth the points, so I through it in the garbage. Wow, choice and control - how wonderful.

Have a good weekend - kids!!
Old 03-09-2001, 03:19 PM   #22  

Jan - way to go on tossing out that cookie! That's just great. Gee, I wish there was something like that at the office. When I work out lunch time it's because I'm telecommuting from home and then the only "people" who care if I shower right afterwards are my two cats!

Have a great weekend!
Judy
Old 03-10-2001, 07:59 AM   #23  

Default What a week

Well, the scale was where I expected to be, 192, up 1.5, but at least my clothes are feeling good, so I am motivated to workout on the ski machine today and meet my goal of exercising 5 days a week. I really like the machine right now when I look out the window and we are the end of another 6 inches of snow or whatever here in Boston.

I bombed out on the St. Patrick's challange, I stay on track for about 2 weeks and give in. But I do have to say that my giving in has gotten more under control and when I go over on points it is by 5 or 6 and not 10 or 12. I am still getting in all the water and making over all better choices, so I am still positive.

I do have to give lots of credit to all of you here. You are an inspiration.

Liza 195/192/140
Old 03-10-2001, 07:59 AM   #24  
Determined Chick!

Good morning everyone :-) I am reporting another challenge met: out to dinner at sis-in-laws (not the same sis in law who made me the low fat dinner) followed by an evening of scrapbooking...felt a little foolish checking out the nutrition info on the broccoli/cheese rice, but did it anyway and stayed well within pts! I brought fresh asparagus, and the main course was orange roughy (baked) YIPPEE! Footnote: picked up my *10* boxes of girl scout cookies from her that night (my husband's idea to buy that many -- he is now thrilled that I am a weight watcher and the cookies are all his!) Had 1 peanut butter patty because I couldn't stand not to -- counted as 2 pts (ouch) for one little cookie.

As for the scrapbooking, Kathi (SIL) and I were ROFLOL comparing pics where we thought we looked good, and then you see the picture of how you *really* looked! Got to have a sense of humor about that! My favorite was a pic of me in a scoop neck, stretchy white Tshirt and faded jeans. I felt like my boobs looked so big in the tshirt that the rest of me looked skinny in comparison. Ha! my little breasts didn't even come close to sticking out as far as my stomache! The next pic from that day was a full butt shot - OMG! I was instantly reminded about why I want to stay on my program!!

Judy - the telecomuting sounds great -- reminds me of the commercial with the woman doing the business conference in her fuzzy bunny slippers! What tapes do you use for exercise? Any recommendations?

Jan - WAY TO GO on tossing a cookie in the garbage! Hope your MIL is OK. Subway is a staple in my diet now -- very filling and reasonable pts. for several sandwiches. I even found the seafood and crab is not as decadent as I thought it was -- and a good Fri lent choice :-)

Cece - sounds like you have a great husband there :-) You are really on top of the WW game this week! Execise, banking pts -- I'm excited to see your results!

Gotta run - talk to you guys soon :-)
Closed Thread