3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   WW At Home (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ww-home-22/)
-   -   For us coffee drinkers,what do you use for low point creamer? (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ww-home/253354-us-coffee-drinkers-what-do-you-use-low-point-creamer.html)

rainyinflorida 02-21-2012 06:06 PM

For us coffee drinkers,what do you use for low point creamer?

I think I have been using up so many points per day, just with coffee creamer alone. I use about 5 points in my morning coffee,then if I decide to have coffee in the evening, there goes another 5 points! I have been using half and half, as it has 2 points per 2 TBS, compared to 1 point in regular coffee creamer,whether its fat free,or sugar free.
any suggestions,(besides giving up my coffee habit), to cut back on points?

bandit2 02-21-2012 08:48 PM

I calculated the 1/2 & 1/2 regular to be 2 points for 4 tablespoons, the light
worked out to be more points. Also evaporated milk is an option comparable to 1/2 & 1/2.

Lovely 02-22-2012 06:13 AM

What about whole milk or even a lower fat milk instead of cream or half & half? 3 Tablespoons of Whole Milk is 1 Point. Half a cup of whole milk is 2 Points. It might not be cream, but it still remains pretty rich tasting.

I'm not sure if it's quite what you're looking for.

I use skim milk or almond milk in my coffee. It's a lot fewer points than is cream. I'll be honest that it's not quite as "creamy" considering both options that I tend to use have no or very little fat, but with almond milk especially it adds a very delicious nutty hint of flavor to my coffee in the morning.

DiabeticDiva 02-22-2012 11:30 AM

My Favorite is...

This is my all time favorite combination. To me it tastes just like a caramel latte from a shop. I usually use about 4 T. of coffee and 1 - 2 T . of creamer. You really don't need more then one T. of the creamer. The flavor is strong.

Coffee Mate Vanilla Caramel Sugar Free 1 pt = 1 T.
Maxwell House Maxwell House International Café Suisse mocha cafe, sugar free coffee mix 1 pt = 1 1/3 T.

rainyinflorida 02-24-2012 07:55 PM

thanks! I will definatley try these!

huntress 02-25-2012 05:48 AM

I use the fat free Coffeemate liquid creamer, it's only 1 pt for several tablespoons.

Laura78 02-25-2012 07:21 AM

I use the Coffeemate creamer as well...I also don't have to add extra sugar.

soompi123 04-24-2012 10:35 AM

I also use half and half and I calculated 2Tbsp for 1 PP. I've tried using skim milk, but I didn't enjoy it. I'm going to look into the coffee mate creamers.

Charmed7 04-30-2012 11:35 AM

I've found that if you slowly reduce your creamer, you get "used" to it. I've reduced from 4 tbls to 2, and sometimes I "treat" myself to a 3rd. ;)

For my 16 oz mug, I can put in 2 tbls of flavored creamer (I love coffee mate sweet cream!) and was able to cut the sugar too b/c it's sweet enough. But I'm counting it 1 pt per tbls. Check the NI again and make sure you know what a serving is. Sometimes a serving is 2 tbls.

I've tried fat free creamer, and end up putting more in, and it comes to the same points. So to save $$$ I just stick to the full fat.

C7

tlbrwn 05-04-2012 11:14 AM

I started using the international delight almond joy and york peppermint patty flavors this week. They are delicious, and are only 1 pt for 1 tbls and I feel like they are flavored strong enough that I only need 1 tbsp for a 8 oz mug. 4 tbls does go up to 5 points though:( which is bad for me cause on the weekends I drink way to much coffee in the mornings. But I love my coffee and am not willing to give it up.

LRT 02-26-2013 10:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rainyinflorida (Post 4225285)
I think I have been using up so many points per day, just with coffee creamer alone. I use about 5 points in my morning coffee,then if I decide to have coffee in the evening, there goes another 5 points! I have been using half and half, as it has 2 points per 2 TBS, compared to 1 point in regular coffee creamer,whether its fat free,or sugar free.
any suggestions,(besides giving up my coffee habit), to cut back on points?

I am a big coffee drinker. I loved my half and half.
I am now using Blue Diamond original 60 cal. Almond Breeze milk
It really is good. And up to 3 oz is 0 points.
Then after that 12 oz is only 1 pt.
Good luck

SoMuchFattitude 02-26-2013 01:06 PM

Fat Free 1/2 & 1/2 is 1pt per 1/4c.

It's perfect for my 24oz mug in the morning. :D

Snowtopper 03-01-2013 06:51 PM

I use Fat Free Half & Half. I believe for 2 tablespoons it's 1 point.

Meikmeika 03-07-2013 10:34 PM

I can easily drink 6 plus cups of coffee a day and more than likely not counting all the points. I'm gonna give black coffee a go for a while to see if it makes a difference with my weight loss.

thejdubb02 08-22-2013 09:32 PM

My favorite is the Fat Free French Vanilla Coffee Mate and my wife really likes using Trader Joe's (or any brand) Fat Free Half and Half.

Although there is just something about 'fat free' and 'half and half' being the same sentence. :)