Old 11-29-2011, 02:25 AM   #1  

Default New to WW, and the forum

I found 3FC almost six months ago while looking for weight loss stories when I was discouraged with my weight and needed a little motivation to kick the weight loss in gear after I had our newest baby. Instead of getting to it, the past six months I've watched the goals board and thought "that could never be me".

Over the past few weeks I've come to the realization that if I don't get the weight off now it's just going to continue to pile on and I'm going to be unhappy with myself. I know I need a change. I've ordered the WW at Home kit and I'm so excited to start my journey to a healthier life. I need accountability though! I knew I couldn't make it to meeting regularly with my schedule and I'm hoping I'll find some weight loss buddies on here so that we can root each other on a bit.

Any tips starting out? I've read the sticky threads and I'm excited! I can't wait to find my old self underneath this extra padding.
SkinnyBWannabe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2011, 12:16 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 168/168/140

Height: 5'5

Welcome SkinneyBWannabe, yes READ the materials over and over until you really understand them.
If you have a smart phone/iphone there are apps that will help you count points/calories etc. It helps some to track their calories on another website I use fatsecret and they have a phone app too, it gives me a better understanding of how many calories are how many points. But you don't have to. The plan is going to have some small changes in Dec so I hope they send you the newest materials. Most of all stick with the plan and track and weigh everything for a long time portion control is really what many of us struggle with.
best of luck to you and keep coming back here.
Dee74 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2011, 12:30 PM   #3  
Work in Progress

S/C/G: 186/working on it/148

Height: 5'5"

Welcome to the boards!

There is a lot of support here for everyone on every type of weight loss journey.

I read your goals and think it is great but you may be trying to lose to fast? The one factor I have had to accept and many others have said the same thing that weight does not always come off at 2lbs a week. More realistic is .5-1lb a week sometimes no loss for several weeks then boom 3lbs gone.

The ww material is great and easy to follow it is a great lifestyle change (diet is a dirty word)
nancylmrn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2011, 02:23 PM   #4  
Flex plan follower

S/C/G: 162.5/160.5/135

Height: 5'4

Welcome aboard! :-) I'm doing ww again after having my daughter and it's slow going but at least it's going! I'm on week four I am only losing .5 lb a week and I have at least 30 lbs to lose to get to 130. We shall see!! Can't wait to see your weekly progress,hugs!
2SpareTires is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2012, 03:50 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 180 / 177 / 160

Height: 5 ft 5 inches

I have learned that diet is a dirty word. I say now.
Eating Healthy.
beesparkle is offline   Reply With Quote