Old 10-16-2011, 08:31 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 259.4/201.0/19?

Height: 5'6

Unhappy Emotional Eating....

So just curious how you cope with the emotional eating?! I have been this way for as long as I can remember and now that I am on WW I find it difficult to remain true to my points...it's been tough. Some days I am ok and others I could eat and eat and then regret it for the reminder of the day

How do you deal with it?
nursemandi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2011, 10:45 AM   #2  
Work in Progress

S/C/G: 186/working on it/148

Height: 5'5"

I am not an emotional eater but I am a 'grazer'. But I have found that if I eat foods that are high in carbs I am never satisfied even if I am full. For example I can eat 1/2 a pizza with no problems but give me 4 oz of meat and I am full.
I know this did not answer your question but I found that taking a hard look at the foods I was eating and when I was eating them helped me analize why I kept on eating
nancylmrn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2011, 11:02 PM   #3  
Super Squish

S/C/G: 290/254/170

Height: 5'

I'm a mindless eater and an emotional eater. I go through a lot of sunflower seeds. lol
And I go through TONS of apples!

I make smoothies with fruit and almond milk because those are very low in points and super filling.

It's not easy. But when I'm feeling super emotional (like I was yesterday), I look at peoples' before and after weight loss photos. It's so inspirational. It helps keep my in check.
Princess Squish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2011, 10:22 AM   #4  

Being conscious of my emotions and planning ahead is the only way I have had success with dealing with emotional eating and being on plan. Some emotional eating you can plan for and others you need a plan for when it creeps into your life. It is all about how you react to the situation. The “light” really clicked for me when the meeting leader said this weight loss journey is about us learning how to cope with everyday challenges. When faced with a challenge I look at it as practice for making better choices. When I know it will be a stressful week I fill my environment with point friendly items that I can chew on – my favorite is the dessert delight flavored gum. I have all the flavors in a drawer at work and at home. No points and I can chew away my emotion. I have found it is handy to keep carrots, celery, apples and other “crunchy” veggies and fruits around which also keeps the points values low. I have a sweet tooth so I keep the 100 calorie portion controlled snacks on hand and will work hard to keep on track with my daily, weekly, and activity points. To be honest, some weeks I make it and others I learn I need to add new things to my arsenal to keep emotional eating in check. My best advice is to make a plan this week and try it and if it does not work readjust and try again next week and eventually you will find what works for you.
Launa Lynch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2011, 11:31 AM   #5  

S/C/G: 133.4/123.2/115

Quote:
Originally Posted by Launa Lynch View Post
Being conscious of my emotions and planning ahead is the only way I have had success with dealing with emotional eating and being on plan.
I agree 100%. I am a meal planner. I always know what I'm eating for the entire next day down to the gram. Once in a while it changes (ie, last minute meal out or something comes up) but most of the time it's right on.

I journal on the computer and on my blackberry - for example, as of now, I already have tomorrow's meal plans worked out and journaled. I plan B, S, L, S, D, S and almost always have the same number of points dedicated to each meal, dinner being the number one variance.
I cook as many meals as I can during the weekend and freeze them into portion sizes. It saves me time and effort.
I feel like I eat so often that there is no time for me to be wondering what to eat and giving me enough time for my emotions to take over.
Munchy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2011, 07:37 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 259.4/201.0/19?

Height: 5'6

wow..those are some great suggestions!!
thanks.
nursemandi is offline   Reply With Quote