Old 09-13-2011, 07:02 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 259.4/201.0/19?

Height: 5'6

Smile looking for a buddy?!

I am doing WW at home and would like a buddy or two to help overcome the hurdles with weight loss. I am hoping to lose about 60lbs in total...I am looking for people who are willing to share thier triumphs, thier struggles..and we can help motivate each other...cause there are days when we wanna give up but having a buddy can help overcome that
nursemandi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2011, 08:36 AM   #2  
Work in Progress

S/C/G: 186/working on it/148

Height: 5'5"

Welcome nursemandi! We are all striving and looking for the same thing...Help with motivation, support when things get tough and just an overall sounding board at time.

I know I am in here for the long haul and so are many others..check out the sept to oct challenge and join it it is a great way to post your victories and frustrations plus a way to challenge yourself by setting your short term goal and going after it
nancylmrn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2011, 12:30 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 210/210/130

Height: 5'5

I would love to be your buddy. I am 29 and following my own plan of 1500 calories a day. I would love to share my struggles and triumphs with some body. If you would like you can email me at [email protected]
lasttime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2011, 05:35 PM   #4  
Calorie Cutting Queen

S/C/G: 279/265/165

Height: 5.5

I'd love to join you guys! I teeter back and forth with my weight - and it's driving me NUTS! I'm scheduled for a hysterectomy next summer (when school's out) so I really need to loose some weight before my surgery (so I can hopefully heal quicker and have less complications!). We have started a "fitness challenge" at work, and I do ok when I'm there, but when I get home I eat JUNK! I need someone to kick my tail into gear! I have about 100 extra pounds to drop, but would be tickled with just a steady loss!
I'm Kristi, 38, from TN. Married to my Prince and we have 1 grown son who lives in Georgia (he's in school there). (I was a child bride )
Kristikins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2011, 06:29 PM   #5  

Hey Kristikins

I hear you about the teethering...man oh man, it's been one tough road but I am more committed than ever this time.

I am 33, married, with two children. I live in ON, Canada I have been following WW at home for 8 weeks now and I am down a total of 24lbs I am almost to my second mini goal of 10% of my weight...it's so close I can taste it, hahahaha.

This time around I am so very careful with writing EVERYTHING down that I eat...it's made a world of difference. Weighing my food has also been a good thing, yes, it may be a lot of extra work but so worth it, IMO

I am looking forward to getting to know new people who know what the struggles are with weight loss.....

how long have you been on the program? what's your mini goals?
Old 10-06-2011, 05:25 PM   #6  
Calorie Cutting Queen

S/C/G: 279/265/165

Height: 5.5

I've been off/on/off/on/off the program so many times it makes my head swim! I'm still trying to get back on - so I came here, looking for the motivation I need to jump in with both feet! My biggest problem is journalling - I KNOW it's SO important and is VERY beneficial, I just have the darndest time doing it faithfully - every day - all the time! Also, my weakness is kid cereals - I love them...and when I get home from work in the afternoons, I have a bowl er...1/2 box - whichever you want to call it...and I love love love sweets and starches....total weaknesses! So I guess my mini goals would be to journal faithfully and honestly, and to find other options for snack in the afternoons (or at least keep my cereal to 1 serving and count the points!).
Kristikins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2011, 09:44 PM   #7  

LOL...yeah definately dipping into the goodies after a stressful day of work is one of the hardest things I am trying NOT to do. I am an emotional eater, so whether I am happy, sad, mad, angry..whatever I wanna eat :S I have been trying to cut back on the night time snacking and I find that when I am watching TV, it's soooo much worse. Those darn commercials make me wanna eat..that's not good :P
You're weakness is the sweets and my weakness is the SALT. I love me some potato chips...yummy!! I could forego the sweets no problem but try and pull me away from the salty snacks and I will go crazy like a mad woman...BUT I am TRYING to avoid those...but they are certain times of the month that I just can't control myself...it's like they call my name....bah...i try to ingore it but sometimes its just too much...ohh I sound a little batty for the salt...maybe I need to stop talking about it LOL.
Old 10-16-2011, 04:32 PM   #8  
:)

S/C/G: 330/

Height: 5'5"

Hi guys! I am new here. I will be doing Weight Watchers at home from supplies I bought on ebay. I'm super excited and have allot of weight to loose. I deserperately need a support group and I'm hoping you guys will let me join you!!
sassyangies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2011, 04:49 PM   #9  
Fighting the flab

S/C/G: 18.3/18.3/11 to 10 stone.

Height: 5 foot 9.

Hey I would love to be your buddy im pretty new to the site too. How are your finding you diet?xxx
willbeayummymummy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2011, 05:54 PM   #10  
sun

S/C/G: 185/see ticker/125

Height: 5'1"

hey ladies! I just joined ww online about a week ago and have lost 2 lbs! So glad to get back on the horse. I would love to join your little group.
sun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2011, 08:20 PM   #11  

yay!! I am so glad to hear that you guys are on the right track WW for me is by far the BEST thing I could have done. I have been on and off the WW wagon for a few years and after I went to nursing school, all my weight that I had lost slowly crept back on and then I was the heaviest I had ever been in my life...it took a family vacation and a snapshot of me to see how bad it really was...it was def my rock bottom But I have been following WW at home (on my own) for 11 weeks (just had my 11th weigh in today) and I am down a total of 28lbs So my first mini goal of losing 10% of my weight was done last week

Although, I still feel like I am the same person I was 28lbs ago. My clothes are definitely the best way for me to see the weight loss but I have a hard time noticing it on myself...is that the same for everyone?

What are your mini-goals?
Where is everyone from? family? kids?
I am happy to have people who are going through the same daily struggles...we can do these!!!
Old 10-16-2011, 09:20 PM   #12  
sun

nursemandi Sounds like you are getting places Its nice to hear how much you have lost in such a short time. I know what you mean about weight sneaking up on you and seeing photos and being shocked. Its what woke me up again.

Well my "story" is I got pregnant with DD and now she is 3 so no more this is baby weight. lol Actually its been pretty stressful as DD has brain damage due to medical negligence resulting in cerebral palsy and quadriplegia among other things. She doesn't sleep well and so my moods go up and down with lack of sleep and other stressors. I lost 30lbs last year but last sept DD got really sick and I gained 25 of it back over the entire year from emotional eating. I am just tired of be uncomfortable and not fitting into my old clothes and I just want to be the hot wife my husband got married to haha

so thats whats going on with me, what about all you ladies?
Old 10-17-2011, 09:33 PM   #13  

S/C/G: 183.3/183.3/150

Height: 5'7

Hi! I would love to join in on this too. I just joined WW online for the first time a few days ago and so far am really liking it. Though I've never been severely overweight, I have struggled my entire life with trying to get rid of this extra 15-20 pounds I carry around. My weight definitely went up during my freshman year of college in NYC, and while I was able to lose some of that, I'm now a senior and ready to lose it all. My biggest issue is my love of sugar, carbs and desserts (in unlimited quantities). Sometimes when I'm having a really bad day I catch myself dreaming of diving into a large vat of ice cream... gross, I know.

I think it's a great idea to have this group together to support each other. We can do it!
vdh2102 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2011, 05:48 PM   #14  
This is for life!

S/C/G: 210/see ticker/136

Height: 5'3"

Hi nursemandi! I joined WW locally 2 months ago and only went to 2 meetings. I'm changing to online. After seeing our Christmas photos last year (ewww) I've lost 27 lbs on my own until 8/23 when I stopped the madness (weigh in daily / exercise daily / count calories / count points / worry worry worry.) I've slowed down and maintained since August, but I'm ready to start counting again. This year my Christmas photos are NOT going to be so embarrassing!

Oh - I LOVE points! It's so much better than counting calories - takes less time and it's such a relief to know I can just grab fruit or veggies any time and not have to log it in. One thing I was shocked about is that a hard boiled egg is 5 points!

Last edited by Gwen; 10-18-2011 at 05:52 PM.
Gwen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2011, 10:53 PM   #15  
sun

vhd gwen Welcome!

I Love points too! haha But I do struggle with not eating the sweet stuff. I had a particularly hard weekend. My dd was having spasms and other health issues. She didn't sleep for 3 days and 2 nights which meant I didn't either. And so I ate 19 of my weekly point. Which is worrisome a little. What if something unexpected happens! I guess I will just try and make it through. hope you all are doing good!