Old 10-19-2011, 09:33 PM   #16  
change everything

S/C/G: 193/ticker/150

Height: 5'6"

Hey folks, can I join in? I am brand new to Weight Watchers (but not to 3fc nor dieting).

I am married, have two small kids. Been overweight most of my adult life, and figure I have about 80 pounds to lose for good. I lost 50 pounds about 3-1/2 years ago, then got pregnant with my daughter and gained every bit of it back, and then some. So the good thing is, I know I can do it.

I started WW last week and I have had to eat out a LOT in the last week due to travel and other issues, so I think I probably should have waited to join and actually start the plan. Well, lesson learned I guess. I am learning a lot about how things work so from this point on I should be on plan and start losing.

About me: I live in Georgia, though we are soon moving to Virginia. We homeschool our kids. We have lots of pets (cats, dog, hermit crabs). And I'm not a huge fan of exercising, so I guess that's something I'll have to overcome.

How is everyone else doing this week on the plan?
CindyB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2011, 11:19 PM   #17  
sun

S/C/G: 185/see ticker/125

Height: 5'1"

cindyb welcome! I know how disheartening it is to gain back weight you have lost, but like you said you know you can do it cuz you already have! I gained 20 lbs back of the 30 I lost last year.

So today I am not really happy with my eating. I ate 35 points when my daily limit is 29. My only issue is I have been eating over all week. I like to eat within them for a dew days perfectly atleast.

Oh well I am going to try really hard tomorrow.
sun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2011, 04:51 PM   #18  
change everything

Hi sun! Eating a few points over is fine if you're doing the plan with the extra weekly points. Unfortunately for me thus far, I've gone way over the daily AND the weekly points since I started last week. Today I am totally back on track.

Had a big lunch, oven-fried tilapia, couscous, roasted zucchini, and sauteed onions & apples. Yummy! For dinner I'm going to try out some quinoa. Not sure how to flavor it, so it will be an experiment for sure.

Hope everyone else is doing well with their plan today!
Old 10-21-2011, 10:59 PM   #19  
change everything

dewittmba: Congrats on the new little one! Wow, three girls, you are going to have your hands full.

Sounds like you're really motivated, so that's good. Hopefully you'll get back into the swing of it in no time. Are you doing the Points Plus thing? I have never tried WW before, so the PP is the only method that I know. So far I like it.

Today I ate at Subway for lunch and it wasn't too bad, point-wise. I had a 6" Veggie Delight (basically, just vegetables on your bread), no cheese, spicy mustard. If I calculated it correctly, it was only 6 points. Also had their yogurt parfait instead of chips for the side. And a bottled water. It was all very tasty and well within my normal lunch points budget.
Old 10-22-2011, 02:23 AM   #20  
sun

dewitta Welcome! Way to go for getting back on the horse so soon after having your little one. It will come off so much faster if you start now. It has been three years since I had my DD and its so much harder now.

cindyb I have Subway veggie all the time. Its so convieniet and I am always out during the week days at lunch time. Way to go on keeping within your lunch points

NOw as for me. I have been having a horrible week. As I said DD is sick I am up to all hours here caring for her. Makes me want to eat and I am struggling with my daily points. I used alot of weekly points. Hopefully I stay within 29 points tomorrow. Its Sat and I will be home all day. We will see
Old 10-22-2011, 09:16 AM   #21  
change everything

Good morning folks!

sun, sorry to hear your daughter is sick. My son (he's 7) was sick and throwing up all day on Thursday. We are all very rarely sick in this family, so it was heartbreaking seeing him feel so bad. He bounced back pretty quickly though, and hopefully so will your little girl.

Tonight my husband and I have a rare night to ourselves (sending the kids to Grandma's). I think we'll go out to eat and then to a movie, so I am going to try hard to stay low on points today to save some for tonight. So far so good, had my usual breakfast of 6 points.

Hope everyone has a great weekend!
Old 10-22-2011, 06:06 PM   #22  
sun

cindy Oh how nice a night to yourselves sounds so nice. Hope you are enjoying yourselves right now. How did you do keeping in your points?

Well today was and is still sooo stressful. DD is feverish and cranky. She deals with fevers alot. Sometimes on a daily basis. So I am STRUGGLING to keep in my points. I am proud of one thing though. I made up a bread with nutella and then at the last minute tossed it. Haha So crisis averted.
Old 10-23-2011, 02:06 PM   #23  

S/C/G: 259.4/201.0/19?

Height: 5'6

love LOVE hearing about everyone's stories

I LOVE the points program too Is anyone following the old WW points program? I know they have the new PP but I have always been a fan of the old points...call me old fashioned? lol.

I am trying a new receipe from my Eat, Shrink, Be Merry cookbook tonight...I can't wait. It's a chicken teriyaki and it's only 4 points per serving!! I am sooo excited to try it, hahaha.

Would anyone be interested in posting receipes they have tried? We can start a thread on the WW @ home...I love new ideas...what do you think?
nursemandi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2011, 11:38 PM   #24  

S/C/G: 168/168/140

Height: 5'5

Quote:
Originally Posted by nursemandi View Post
love LOVE hearing about everyone's stories

I LOVE the points program too Is anyone following the old WW points program? I know they have the new PP but I have always been a fan of the old points...call me old fashioned? lol.

I am trying a new receipe from my Eat, Shrink, Be Merry cookbook tonight...I can't wait. It's a chicken teriyaki and it's only 4 points per serving!! I am sooo excited to try it, hahaha.

Would anyone be interested in posting receipes they have tried? We can start a thread on the WW @ home...I love new ideas...what do you think?
Starting tomorrow, so yes any ideas and recipes that have been tried would be great.
Dee74 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2011, 03:29 PM   #25  

S/C/G: 200.3/194.8/140

Height: 5'3"

I want to join in with you guys too! I've done WW in the past, this past spring, I did the HCG diet, lost almost 30 lbs, gained 15 back on recently, ugh!!! I have at least 60 lbs to lose. Pm me.
thanks!
ILuvMySheep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2011, 09:15 AM   #26  
change everything

Hey folks! Sorry I haven't checked in for a few days. I'm still trying to get into a normal routine.

Went way over my daily and weekly points again last week, but still ate better than usual so I lost 1 pound. I hope to do better this week. I think the problem is that I picked the wrong time to start WW. We are getting ready to move out of state but haven't yet learned the exact date of our move, so we're sort of in limbo. And of course, when in stress, I eat. :-( So I need to just keep plodding along, and coming here to 3fc and reading about other people's success stories really helps.

I made quinoa for the first time ever the other day. I added some crushed walnuts and dried cranberries. It was pretty good. My husband even liked it and I didn't expect him to because he doesn't like couscous and to me they are similar. If anyone has any great quinoa recipes, please share! :-)

Hope everyone has a great day today!
Old 10-26-2011, 10:48 AM   #27  

S/C/G: 293/251.8/160

Height: 5'8"

Hello everyone! I would love to join this buddy group too. I have been doing WW online for 3 months now and have lost 26 lb so far.

The biggest hurdle I have right now is that I am unemployed. Not only am I home most of the time (and subject to temptation) but my budget is very restricted and I find it difficult to get enough fruits and veggies in.

Anybody have ideas for a good late night snack? For some reason, eating something just before I go to sleep really helps me fall asleep. So far, I have been having a slice of toast or an english muffin. Any other ideas?
In2wishin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2011, 04:30 PM   #28  

I don't have any ideas for evening snack...that is the one area I have been working hard on. I can do great all day at work and up until supper at home. Then when I have a moment or two, temptation gets the better of me and I would end up blowing my points out the window for the day :S

So now I eat my dinner and then it's water for this chick

So far this week has been....ok. I have been really struggling with staying on track. I have been to spin twice this week which is a positive, so yay for me,

How's everyone's week so far?
Old 10-26-2011, 08:48 PM   #29  

Smile Desperately seeking buddies!

I need a buddy or two, badly! Someone I can communicate with daily for advise, help, and possibly to talk me out of the fast food line from time to time. I haven't started WW PP yet, because I just ordered my new books and starter kit. I was on WW many years ago, but never really gave it a chance. Now, I want to get pregnant again, and that isn't a problem, but I don't want to get bigger, and I think it would be better to lose weight before.

I am a 33 year old, married 15 years, with one 5 year old daughter, Ember. We are self employed, own a small family business, so stress rules my day to day life. Stress makes me eat. I love to bowl, do crafts, read, coupons, sweepstakes entries it what little spare time I have. I am short, 5 foot tall, but I weight in at 225 pounds. I would be okay being about 175 lbs again. I am very curvy, and I have never been skinny. It just isn't meant for me. But a size 10-12 would make me very happy! If I could lose back down to under 200, I would probably go ahead with the pregnancy again. I really don't want my kids to be too far apart.

I feel like I could lose weight easier if I went off the BC pills now. I have always felt like the contributed to my weight gain. When I started trying to get pregnant with Ember, it took less than a month, so, I am scared if I went off now, I'd be immediately preggo!

Anyway, I am a chatter box...if someone wants to be WW buddies, we can talk here, or facebook, yahoo messenger, even phone it you're not too far away from NC!

My yahoo messenger is ssullivan96

On facebook, I am Shannon Harrell Sullivan

Hope to hear from potential WW buddies!!!!
ssullivan96 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2011, 04:39 PM   #30  

We can be buddies if you would like ssullivan. I tried adding you to Yahoo Messenger but not sure if you got it or not.

You have come to the right spot for advice, vents, the ups and downs with weight loss.

Looking forward to getting to know you

I will post more later just off for some dinner with the inlaws