3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   WW At Home (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ww-home-22/)
-   -   Weighing yourself when doing WW online? (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ww-home/231903-weighing-yourself-when-doing-ww-online.html)

tiniree 04-26-2011 03:03 PM

Weighing yourself when doing WW online?

Ok, we all know that you weight less in the a.m. but honestly, I find I am weighing myself A LOT! And that's with me going to meetings.

If I choose to go the online route, can those of you doing online WW tell me when and how often you weight yourself?

Marie

DrivenByAmbition 04-26-2011 03:08 PM

You will be able to set your day for your weekly weigh-in. You will, however, need to be consistent with the time of day for a more accurate depiction of your weight.

pixie sticks 04-26-2011 03:25 PM

As far as WW is concerned, I weigh myself every Sunday morning when I wake (and after I PEE! lol).
However, I weigh myself many times during the week, sometimes many times during the day. Luckily, the only one that counts is Sunday morning.

bcgal00 05-13-2011 01:30 AM

I weight myself every day or two, in the afternoon, to see how the weight is going. If I find myself up 2-3 I think about what I've eaten the last few days and determine whether its water weight, too many carbs and/or too much food. Then I watch what I eat for a few days to balance things out.

Lovely 05-13-2011 01:40 AM

Monday morning. First thing after the bathroom. In my birthday suit. On one specific tile on the floor.

Sometimes I weigh in between out of curiosity, but I only "count" my weight on Monday mornings.

You can weigh yourself as often as you want long as it doesn't become the only thing you think about.

countrycowgirl 05-16-2011 02:21 PM

My WW weigh-in day is Wednesday, I do same thing Lovely does. Having said that, I also weigh every night before I go to bed, and every morning when I get up; it always amazes me that I can loose as much as 3 pounds during the night. I usually have a bathroom wake-up during the night. Some days, I weigh 2-3 times during the day; those are my "scale obsession days"! We all have them, don't we?? LOL

MrsTee 05-16-2011 10:54 PM

This is something I am considering to help me along my path - so you follow the points plan and all that, same as the meetings, but just weigh in by yourself? Do you sent it to anyone at WW?

Lovely 05-16-2011 11:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MrsTee (Post 3853060)
This is something I am considering to help me along my path - so you follow the points plan and all that, same as the meetings, but just weigh in by yourself? Do you sent it to anyone at WW?

If you're following the online program, you follow the points and all the other good health guidelines. You then choose one day a week to weigh yourself on a home scale. There's a chart you use to note your weight each week online through the tools. It's not mailed to anyone, or "officially" sent. You use the tools to keep track of your weight loss, but it's your responsibility to track it.

agraciado 05-17-2011 02:45 PM

My day is Tuesday and that is the only day I way. I find it really hard to weigh myself daily only because it becomes a battle with myself. Like even though I allotted my points to have that burger, I don't like what the scale tells me immediately afterwords and then feel bad about it.

DisneyDieter 05-25-2011 01:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by agraciado (Post 3853946)
My day is Tuesday and that is the only day I way. I find it really hard to weigh myself daily only because it becomes a battle with myself. Like even though I allotted my points to have that burger, I don't like what the scale tells me immediately afterwords and then feel bad about it.

ITA!

I used to weigh myself all the time (daily, multiple times daily, etc.) only to get depressed and think the plan I was on wasn't working. Then sabbotage myself and go in a downward spiral.

Now I only weigh on Monday mornings.

Anything else makes me crazy.

josey 05-25-2011 01:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pixie sticks (Post 3824808)
As far as WW is concerned, I weigh myself every Sunday morning when I wake (and after I PEE! lol).
However, I weigh myself many times during the week, sometimes many times during the day. Luckily, the only one that counts is Sunday morning.

I am doing exactly the same! I find it interesting to see how my weight goes up and down throughout the week. After shower vs before, after a big dinner vs a small one, etc. etc. etc.

However, only Sunday morning counts! That's the one and only I track.

We just got a new scale yesterday and let me tell you it is not pretty!!! I am about 3 lbs heavier on the new one. We will see what I come up with on Sunday. I might have to count it as a gain or stall for this week.

mandy1974 05-26-2011 08:06 PM

doin the ww myself at home. i'm also scale obsessed. :/ my hubby thinks i'm nuts. lol

Lunula 06-25-2011 08:06 PM

I weigh myself first thing every Saturday morning and I don't stray from that. I used to weigh in the middle of the week, but it can be incredibly demotivating for me since my weight can really fluctuate from day to day. I would work super hard for a couple days, then weigh myself because I would get excited and find that I hadn't lost anything, or only lost an ounce or something and it would frustrate me. Basically, I figured out that doing this and getting disappointed was a trigger for my binge-eating, so I promptly stopped. I even resisted weighing in after a two week vacation (where I gained TEN pounds) when we got home on a Wednesday.

I'm pretty strict with myself - the only time I'll stray is on Saturday or Sunday after I've had a long work-out and I've sweated a lot, I get on the scale to see how much water weight I've lost, hah! But that is really infrequent and I only do it to see how much sweat weighs. :^:

ducktape54 06-26-2011 07:45 PM

I try to weigh myself only in the mornings...and it can fluctuate from day to day so it can be motivating or discouraging.

girlsenberry 06-26-2011 08:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lovely (Post 3847797)
First thing after the bathroom. In my birthday suit. On one specific tile on the floor.

I am the SAME way.. tho I do it every day (even tho I know I shouldn't), about 15-30 minutes after I wake up and do my bizness. Birthday suit & specific tile, included. Sometimes I wonder if this is eating-disorderish, obsessing over food and scale, but the fact that I recognize that keeps me in check. :\