Old 09-26-2011, 10:26 AM   #16  

S/C/G: see ticker

Height: 5'4"

I like ww on-line because it is easy and doesn't take time away from other things I want to do, like spend time with my son. I am a working mom, and my husband is a SAHD, so time with my son is important to me. I don't really need the meeting-aspect of ww to keep me on track. I know that if I fudge and fib on the on-line accounting of my weigh-ins, the only one who hurts is myself.
Plus, I like the community here for advice and discussion. Everyone is very knowledgable and friendly/supportive.
BettyBooty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2011, 11:26 AM   #17  
I Need Accountablity!

S/C/G: 190/Ticker/160

Height: 5'6"

So, what are you waiting for? Are you serious about losing the weight this time? Weight for me this time around is slower..I am older and I do not tend To go the exercise route, so weight loss is slower.

I did go the counting the calories years ago, started walking daily. This was all on my own, I was accountable to a forum on line and I lost 60 pounds. Felt great!

Somehow I did not really grasp the meaning of a life style change and weight creep up. I knew I was gaining and I was afraid of seeing the number on the scale, plus I did not care.

I was enjoying eating what I wanted. I am so sick of playing these weight games. I need to get it right this time.
WannaBeLoserAgain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2012, 11:21 PM   #18  

S/C/G: 171/164/140

Height: 5'5

I've been at it almost a full week online and I like it. I had a hard time at first because I am used to counting calories, not points. I do also record my calories on Sparkpeople, because I want to make sure I don't eat more than 1500 a day. I told myself, I am paying for it, and since I am so cheap, I'd better get my money's worth, meaning some poundage off!
Zemelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2012, 04:22 AM   #19  
I Need Accountablity!

S/C/G: 190/Ticker/160

Height: 5'6"

Once I got a good start on ww, I then dropped the program and went to myfitness program. I already had the knowledge for eating correctly. Losing weight is a slow process of learning new eating habits, learning to learn correct amounts, portion control.

Last edited by WannaBeLoserAgain; 01-16-2012 at 02:40 AM. Reason: spelling
WannaBeLoserAgain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2012, 12:37 PM   #20  

S/C/G: 174/171/125

Height: 64 inches

I just joined WW online and this is new to me. I hope to loose around 50 pounds. My daughter is doing WW but goes to meetings.
Bluecrystalrosa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2012, 02:11 PM   #21  
Sally

S/C/G: 222.5/207.6/140

Height: 5' 3"

I have been sitting here for the last week, going over should I shouldn't I. I know I don't want to do the meetings, It is no ones fault that I get bored at them, they have to go over the same things over and over again as new people start. I get that, but after hearing it for the 15th time and the same questions and answers I got to the point I was doing nothing more then paying them to weight me. I am now wondering if I join online, can I go into a meeting place and purchase the new points calculator or the products that are only sold at a meeting? If anyone knows this answer that would be great.
Sallyannb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2012, 11:52 AM   #22  

S/C/G: 270/257.4/130

Height: 5.0 Tall

Talking Online for me too...

I joined WW online Jan. 29th as a birthday gift to myself and I've lost 13 lbs so far. Gained back 2 1/2 due to water weight but that's ok it will come off eventually. Not bad for someone that has been tossing the same 2 lbs back and forth for the past 4 mths. This new program is great! I do need to order some equipment such as scale, calculator and a clicker. I've also failed in tracking 3 days so far but I'm still down 13 lbs. I started getting stricter about tracking today.
I'm not one for Rah Rah Rah type meetings. I get really turned off by that stuff and it would only hinder my progress so I chose online. What I love is that being a diabetic last year I quit WW due to not being able to track carbs. This year I can! yippee! Battling 2 medications that make you gain weight and I'm still losing weight boy that's something!

Adds this also: I try to be accountable to myself but boy it's hard when I tell me to go stand in the corner for going over my points. I just don't want to listen then lol

Last edited by DiabeticDiva; 02-22-2012 at 11:55 AM.
DiabeticDiva is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2012, 12:03 PM   #23  
Sally

S/C/G: 222.5/207.6/140

Height: 5' 3"

I have stopped the idea of joining at the moment, as health things have taken over my immediate attention. I will think of it again when I get other things under control. I am however, trying to make WW meals, so hopefully I am moving in the right direction.
Sallyannb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2012, 10:45 AM   #24  
[url=http://www.3fatchick

S/C/G: 278.2/252.2/185

Height: 5'7"

I use this site as my suppport and I'm doign WW myself. There is so much out there that I don't feel the need to pay for the meetings. And my family is so supportive. And i work 2 jobs so it is really hard to find a meeting that works in my schedule. Good luck to all!!!!
tinamparker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2012, 08:20 AM   #25  

S/C/G: 156/150/130

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparkly Blonde View Post
I track my points on a points journal that I downloaded onto my phone. ar.
Where did you find a journal to put on your phone? I would love that
dosbabe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2012, 03:05 PM   #26  

I am thinking about the WW online as well, would going to a meeting once to get the materials help or do they give you enough info on all the changes online?
bigdee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2012, 11:18 PM   #27  

S/C/G: 155/154/120

Height: 5'4"

Quote:
Originally Posted by dosbabe View Post
Where did you find a journal to put on your phone? I would love that
I use ultimate weight watcher diary ($1.99) and my fitness pal (free) my android phone.
LegalDealer08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2012, 11:35 PM   #28  

Question WW Online vs. E-Tools

Can anyone tell me the actual practical differences between using WW Online only, and E-Tools. I understand that online-only users aren't attending meetings and that e-tool users (theoretically) are. However, specifically, what is available to a user with Online Only that is not available to them on E-Tools. I've done WW before, and I've always done the meetings. However, I seem to be more irritated than inspired by the meetings, so I am thinking seriously about going online only.
WriterChick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2012, 06:19 PM   #29  

S/C/G: 156/150/130

Quote:
Originally Posted by WriterChick View Post
Can anyone tell me the actual practical differences between using WW Online only, and E-Tools. I understand that online-only users aren't attending meetings and that e-tool users (theoretically) are.only.
I've had both, and basically the only difference I can see is that I can buy the WW's products online, instead of going to a meeting Supposedly, there is supposed to be somewhere on the site where we can get the same information (topic) that's discussed at the meeting, but so far, I've never seen it.
dosbabe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2012, 06:37 PM   #30  

Thanks Amy, I'm going to look into the cost differences then. I discovered when I stopped by a full-service meeting place today that you can't go in and buy the journals and trackers and stuff unless you're a member. So that would be a difference for some people. Because I'm a lifetime member (trying to get back to goal) I was allowed to spend my money. LOL! I hear that also about the meeting topics but I couldn't look for them yet because I'm not an online member (and I had dumped my e-tools already).
WriterChick is offline   Reply With Quote