stalled and don't know why

• ok I have gone back to the flex plan and it works for me but ...I seem to stall every 2 weeks I will lose then two weeks in a row nothing even though I stay within my points...help
  • If you stay on plan, does the weight loss pick up again (that's what it sounds like you're saying). If so, that's not a stall, that's a normal fluctuation. If you "stall every 2 weeks" but lose the other weeks, that's not a stall - that's losing in "whooshes" and it's perfectly normal.

I gain weight during the 10 - 12 days surrounding my period - up to 10 lbs. That's not a stall or a plateau or even a true gain - it's just a normal pattern of my body.

Imagine 4 people with the same starting weight/metabolism and all staying equally "on plan"

Person #1 loses 1.5 lbs each week for 4 weeks

#2 loses 1 lb the first week then gains 2 lbs, loses 1 lb, loses 6 lbs

#3 loses 6 lbs the first week, loses 0 for the next 3 weeks

#4 loses 6 lbs, gains 2, gains 4, loses 6

All three have lost the same amount of weight in a month. All three have done equally as well. Not a single one of them experienced a "stall," and none of them need any adjustments made to their plans.

You may not need any help at all. You may just need to become familiar with your normal fluctuations.
  • Kaplods...WONDERFUL examples! This helped ME too!
  • I lose a couple of weeks in a row, then nothing. Then I lose. Then nothing. Then I lose. Then I gain. Then I lose. Then nothing. But the line on the chart keeps going down so I keep going.
  • Thank you for the insights this has helped me.....I will keep at it I hope ot hit my target by August