Old 03-21-2011, 01:34 PM   #136  

S/C/G: 237.8/209.6/140

Height: 5'4"

Quote:
Originally Posted by toothlady View Post
What do you mean by 'letting go'?

I, personally, still eat the same things I did before. So I am not giving up much of anything. That's why I think I am being successful with this (the only time EVER).....Totally not depriving myself of anything.

Now the thing is, the portions. I measure/weigh EVERYTHING!!!!! It amazes me how much I USED to eat! And it also amazes me that I can be satisfied after having a proper portion size! It actually feels good to be able to eat and not feel miserable after eating!

Same here! I still make the same foods I always have. I will tweak them if possible to make them lighter/less points but still make the same things. My problem has always been the amount that I eat. I also measure/weigh everything now. We just had chili dogs for dinner a couple of weeks ago and the point value wasn't very high because I used turkey dogs and measured the amount of cheese I used. Then I added a salad and a fruit and was satisfied until my luch break at work later that night. Before I would have had 2 chili dogs (not the turkey kind) with a ton of cheese and felt miserable!

I always hold on to most or all of my weekly points just in case there is a treat that I want that I may not have planned for. Good luck!!
staci73 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2011, 12:27 PM   #137  

Another week, another loss! 1.5 lbs! Total down since Jan 3 is 24.5!

I just started exercising yesterday so I'm hoping to keep it going! Got the WW punch set. Love it! It's like boxing!
toothlady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2011, 01:13 PM   #138  

S/C/G: 172.8/168/145 maybe?

Height: 5'2

punch the pounds away toothlady. Glad you are excited, keep on the road and you will meet your ultimate goal. Heck, you've really already done it as your goal was to lose weight and you're doing it quite nicely.
tytbody is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2011, 07:52 PM   #139  

S/C/G: 219/179/130

Height: 5'3

I had an awesome weigh-in today! My weight is 200.2 which means I lost 3.4 pounds and 18.8 pounds total since Jan. 24th. I am so excited that I'll be in the 100's very soon! I've been doing intervals between walking and running/jogging 3 miles 4-5 days per week and it has definitely become easier. I can't ask for much better right now!
Robin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2011, 04:03 PM   #140  
Fat Chick on a Mission

S/C/G: 216/ticker/150

Height: 5ft 3in

Congratulations Toothlady and Robin

I need to start a more structured exercise routine, currently I only do yoga a few days a week. I wish I could ride my bike more because I love it, doesn't feel like exercise to me. Hard to get away with hubby, 3 kids, and a small zoo at my house. I suppose I need to quit waiting for free time I don't have and dust off the old Gazelle. Better than nothing.

I have the Zumba dvds and tried those a few times. It was both painful and hilarious. Way too much jiggling for my jello-y body, but I think I'd like to give it another shot in a few months after I've lost some more weight.

I've lost 18.2 pounds in 6 weeks. I was ecstatic not to have put a few back on like I usually do with TOM. I hope it doesn't stall me for long-it feels SO good to see those numbers going down!
dragonlady1978 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2011, 02:01 PM   #141  

Great Job Robin and dragon lady!

Thanks also.
Old 04-03-2011, 11:58 PM   #142  

@tybody, how u doing now? yep, i quit ww. trying to get everything in place for me to start counting cals again. i know the scale is up some from a few weeks ago( but, i'm still wearing smaller clothes than last time it was up. and someone who hadn't seen me since christmas said i'd lost alot. so maybe all the exercise is paying off. i've been trying to strengthen my leg due to a knee injury, and my knee feels much much better at least. two ankle turns and a hamstring something in the meantime, but i'm still in one piece now. doing more water exercise things instead of kettlebells right now, but i'm trying to keep strength exercises up too. so if i can just cut the calories again then maybe i'll lose some.
thinner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2011, 02:02 PM   #143  
traveller chick

S/C/G: 80/79.5/65 (KG)

Height: 5'6''

hey Everyone!

I am back on track! After years of having so many weight watchers books and doing the old program at home... I decided to purchase the new one.. as I am so concern with the new "nutrition trends" concerning to good fat... protein and so on..

Is everyone here doing the Pro points (The Point plus in US) at home???

Wish a great sunday for all of us
izzystizzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2011, 08:29 PM   #144  

S/C/G: 172.8/168/145 maybe?

Height: 5'2

I was doing it but gave up. I was sick of looking at every single thing i put in my mouth. I have now learned eat what I like, the correct portion size, eat fruit and veggies and I will okay.. Sorry I can't help but I know no matter what you do, you will learn something about the way you eat. and how much.

So best to you in Germany and yes, It is Points Plus here in USA.
tytbody is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2011, 09:47 PM   #145  

Quote:
Originally Posted by izzystizzy View Post
hey Everyone!

I am back on track! After years of having so many weight watchers books and doing the old program at home... I decided to purchase the new one.. as I am so concern with the new "nutrition trends" concerning to good fat... protein and so on..

Is everyone here doing the Pro points (The Point plus in US) at home???

Wish a great sunday for all of us
I am doing the Points Plus and I love it! I think it is (now that I have been on it since Jan 3) easy. It's totally a part of my life now and I am determined to keep it that way.

As of today, I am down 28 lbs! That's since Jan 3rd. All other weight was prior to WW over a period of about 2 years. I love this plan!
Old 05-24-2011, 06:28 PM   #146  
One day at a time....

S/C/G: 142/142/130

Height: 5'3''

Default Starting again....

Hi All,

So I am starting my WW journey again. I have recently gained 10+ in the last 6 months and need to get back on the wagon. I have since switched over to the WW+ and am finding I'm not staying full and need to find some low pt. chocolate fixes. Does anyone have any ideas? Also, it seems as though 29 pts is awfully high for me, is this right?

Thanks for the help!

Briana
BrianaSalvatore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2011, 04:37 PM   #147  
Made of Starstuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrianaSalvatore View Post
Hi All,

So I am starting my WW journey again. I have recently gained 10+ in the last 6 months and need to get back on the wagon. I have since switched over to the WW+ and am finding I'm not staying full and need to find some low pt. chocolate fixes. Does anyone have any ideas? Also, it seems as though 29 pts is awfully high for me, is this right?

Thanks for the help!

Briana
Good for you getting back on plan =)

If you aren't staying full... are you using higher fiber foods? Getting in all your daily fruits & vegetables (remember a lot of these are zero points now so be checking). And using power foods that often have more bang for your buck? Like brown rice instead of white rice? Whole wheat breads instead of white breads, etc? Are you getting in enough water at the same time? And using your weekly points wisely? 29 points is right for your daily amount. While they upped the daily points they also upped the points of a lot of foods. It evens out.
Lovely is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2011, 08:37 AM   #148  

I love the new points plus program. I am now down 32.5 lbs since starting it on Jan 3rd.

I think I am most successful because I am now so open with my journey via my blog AND the facebook group that I formed--that a couple of you are a part of as well.

I love this! Can't wait to enter the 220s!
Old 07-05-2011, 12:21 PM   #149  

S/C/G: 266/266/150

Height: 5'8"

I joined WW online today - it was something I KNEW I needed to do but just kept putting off. I can't phyically go to meetings because of class/work - hoping that I can be successful doing this somewhat on my own. Looking for lots of support here from everyone who has been so successful! 3FC is awfully inspiring. Glad I finally grabbed the bull by the horns (or the fat by the handle!) and am doing this. I need this.
sh1BBN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2011, 05:47 PM   #150  

I'm now down 36 lbs using points plus since Jan.

I formed a group on Facebook of people doing WW. It's sooooo supportive. Several people on this thread have joined. If you'd like to let me know.

***I'm online only too. Hate the meetings. FB is like a 24-7 meeting. Just let me know if you want to be invited. It's a secret/private by invite only group.