Old 01-04-2011, 12:59 PM   #46  
one pound at a time

S/C/G: 250/check tracker/150

Height: 5'5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by pattygirl63 View Post
I agree tschaff and I believe that is key to the right attitude for success. Back in the summer when I learned that I was T2 diabetic, I went on strict low carb diet to get my numbers down and did so successfully. The thing was that when all the numbers became normal, I did exactly like I had aways done when dieting... I started eating again and just couldn't get back on low carb plan. I realized that I had to find something I could live with because I'm at the place now where my health is affected more. When I read about the new WW plan, I decided to do it. This time I'm not on a diet, I'm just eating the way I will be eating the rest of my life and hopefully that is going to bring me absolute successful. I love this months WW Mag... article "Little Miss Perfect" strategy of the 80/20 eating and I plan to adopt it. She says to eat healthy foods 80% of the time and then eat 20% junk. This way you are never OP and tempted to binge. She says you want the cookie... eat it, but just count it in with the pts. This is what I did during the holidays although I had not gotten the magazine yet. I ate what I wanted, but counted it within my daily pts. It paid off.

Have a good day!!
I didn't even know they had a magazine. Sounds like a neat article. I will have to look that up. That's pretty much what I do now. I eat healthy most of the time. I would say 95% of the time. There are those occasions though that I just need to cheat a little. Maybe have a small piece of chocolate, or a bite of something sweet a sugary. lol So I do so. But I ALWAYS track that. I don't think I could adapt any "diet" that doesn't allow a little wiggle room.
tschaff04 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2011, 07:25 PM   #47  

S/C/G: 130/117.4/100

Height: 4' 10.5"

Hi all. I'm glad to find this thread/board. I spent quite a bit of time looking at the Weight Watchers Online info on their site but hadn't signed up yet 'cause I wanted to find a group to "be with".

I usually do Low Carb and do lose weight with it, albeit slowly; but don't want to "get back on a diet". My niece has recently lost about 50 lbs. on WW in about a years time. She told me that she likes that she can eat "every day" food rather than diet foods...she just has to watch how much she eats. I think I would like that too.

I found lots of good recipes on the Site today so am now anxious to start. Will probably wait 'til payday to do it though.

Have a great day!
Eskielover
Eskielover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2011, 07:31 PM   #48  
one pound at a time

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eskielover View Post
Hi all. I'm glad to find this thread/board. I spent quite a bit of time looking at the Weight Watchers Online info on their site but hadn't signed up yet 'cause I wanted to find a group to "be with".

I usually do Low Carb and do lose weight with it, albeit slowly; but don't want to "get back on a diet". My niece has recently lost about 50 lbs. on WW in about a years time. She told me that she likes that she can eat "every day" food rather than diet foods...she just has to watch how much she eats. I think I would like that too.

I found lots of good recipes on the Site today so am now anxious to start. Will probably wait 'til payday to do it though.

Have a great day!
Eskielover
Welcome, glad to have you aboard.
Old 01-06-2011, 06:20 PM   #49  
Christine

S/C/G: 170/just startingh/130

Height: 5'

So glad I found this! I have been thinking of joining ww online for a couple weeks, but have been holding back because I didn't want to do it alone. I thought it would help to have a friend do it with me. And although I haven't offically joined as of yet (waiting for extra cash) I have been trying to follow what I have found online, but then someon told me I am doing an old one. It is so confusing! I'm just going to keep on doing what I have been doing for the last week until I get the cash to do it right. But It is nice to see support online.
Chrisnik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2011, 07:53 PM   #50  

S/C/G: 221/180/150

Height: 5'2 1/4"

Eskielover and Chrisnik, glad to have you here. It does help to have others to do this with.

We had originally planned to go eat at Steak 'n Shake today and we changed our minds and ended up going to Arby's. I had forgot to check nutrition before I left and for a moment when I got home thinking that maybe I should just go back to counting calories, but I've made a commitment to do the new WW pts+ and don't want to switch around like I've done in the past. So I went on line and got the nutrition for what I ate at Arby's and put it on my online tracker plus what I ate for breakfast and made my plan for the rest of the day and I'm within the 29 pts. It is so easy to "think" oh my gosh I have blown it today because I've done that so much in the past on diets when I couldn't eat "normal". Now like your friend said Eskielover, it is nice to be able to eat "everyday food", but I still find myself thinking I'm doing something wrong. I felt that way all through the Christmas holiday eating although I never went over my allowed points for each week. I guess it just takes a while to get used to the feeling that I can eat whatever I want as long as I watch the portions and amount of pts. It goes back to eating healthy 80%+ of the time and knowing I can eat what is called junk the rest of the time. Isn't that funny. All these years I spent learning NOT to eat normal because of dieting and now I'm learning how to eat normal. Go figure.

Have a great evening.
pattygirl63 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2011, 08:32 PM   #51  

S/C/G: 172.8/168/145 maybe?

Height: 5'2

tytbody is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2011, 11:21 PM   #52  

well,WI is sunday. for your first week, about how much did you lose, and was it mostly water weight? thanks.
thinner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2011, 11:49 PM   #53  

also, i saw something that gave a number of the activity points you are supposed to get if you are on maintenance, but i cant find it again. they say 4-6 per day, which would be up to 42 per week. but i thought i saw something that said about 25 or something when you are on maintenance? not that i'm close yet, LOL
Old 01-07-2011, 06:21 AM   #54  

S/C/G: 173/173/125

Height: 5'0

Quote:
Originally Posted by thinner View Post
well,WI is sunday. for your first week, about how much did you lose, and was it mostly water weight? thanks.
I started last tuesday..between that tuesday and sunday - i lost a little under 4lbs but i think that is because I was sick. However, this is my first full week..officially weigh in is sunday, but so far i've gained a pound.

this weight waters thing is kind of hard after doing other diets because i feel like i'm eating too much. i'm going to give it a few weeks to see what happens.
angeluv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2011, 10:24 AM   #55  

yeah some people say it is more food than what they are used to eating. maybe their bodies are so used to eating little food that when they suddenly eat more they can gain from it. dunno. at least according to my points, i've got almost a whole days points left to eat from activity a little weekly left. i had been hungry and one day went out for lunch and i ate almost double points that day lol. but for the week i have about an extra day's left. i'm not going to eat them just to eat them. i'm going to try to get my body adjusted to less food...
Old 01-07-2011, 02:48 PM   #56  
one pound at a time

WI was today. Lost 2.8 pounds. Then had a slip up so I have to be strict the rest of the day. Spaghetti squash for dinner.

How is everyone else doing?

Thinner- the weight you lose that first month varies but it tends to be higher and then taper off to a steady loss. I can't remember for sure but I lost an average of 4-5 pounds a week those first few weeks.

It also depends on how much you have to lose as well.
Old 01-07-2011, 05:01 PM   #57  

S/C/G: 221/180/150

Height: 5'2 1/4"

My WI is Sunday and my weight track online said I was down another lb. I have some WW products and had been using the pts count on the boxes. I found out when I went through the book yesterday that I've been counting it wrong for PP. The 1 pt ice cream is now 2 and the WW carrot cake I love is 3 pts now instead of 1. I got my calculator today and will be able to do the calculations and check those WW foods as well. I think when I get these things straightened out I will see better results.

Went to the nail salon to get my fills done and decided to treat myself to a pedicure as well and also decided that now that I have to deal with diabetes that I am going to have pedicures more often. I've had them before but not at this place and she did such a great massage that it has to be great for circulation and of course you hear a lot about taking care of your feet when diabetic. I got to thinking about it and it has to be much cheaper than having to go pediatrist. Makes me feel good to be doing so many good things for me and my health... heating the beauty shop in the morning.

Y'all have a great evening and weekend.
pattygirl63 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2011, 08:22 PM   #58  

mmmm yeah pedicures are awesome! and, it's one of those rewards that are not food.
Old 01-08-2011, 01:36 PM   #59  
one pound at a time

Quote:
Originally Posted by thinner View Post
mmmm yeah pedicures are awesome! and, it's one of those rewards that are not food.
Can you believe I have NEVER had a pedicure.

I have a thing about my feet, lol. I do my own nails and stuff but I don't like other people touching my feet. They are super ticklish and I can't handle my toenails being filed.

Maybe that will be something I try out as a reward once I hit my next mini goal. Or I might get my nails done. I haven't gotten to do that since before I had my son 3 years ago.

It's definitely great when we can find rewards we love that aren't food related.
Old 01-08-2011, 01:57 PM   #60  

S/C/G: 172.8/168/145 maybe?

Height: 5'2

you're missing out on a great experience that doesn't cost much and feels wonderful. I had it for my wedding last July and I've had Reflexolgy also. Try it. You'll always be wondering why I didn't do this sooner.
tytbody is offline   Reply With Quote