Old 01-04-2011, 05:49 PM   #31  

S/C/G: 172.8/168/145 maybe?

Height: 5'2

Oooo. jdael, come on in. it's fun to learn with everyone else. You can ask anything. We don't know it all but someone can find out for ya.

Welcome to the group and just ask anything, even when you turn a page and figure you think you know it, go ahead and ask. We love to hear a different perspective, or should I say I do cause you can ask something I or others may not have thought of.

So please do get comfy and plan on being hotter for that 30th birthday.
tytbody is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2011, 04:37 PM   #32  
Jackie

S/C/G: 205/205/140

Height: 5'5"

Thank you Cheryl. I look forward to it. Today was day 1 for me and its going good. I do need to go grocery shopping and get some more options. I did come across a really cool website today - skinnytaste.com. Gina is making recipes that look delicious and making them as low points as possible without sacrificing flavor. This is a big deal for me as I enjoy cooking. I look forward to trying her recipes and learning how to cook food that is not only fun to make but also healthy! I also walked a mile on DVD this morning LOL. At least I did something and hope I can get myself to continue doing it. I will be weighing myself on Wednesdays I guess. I'm impatient too so waiting a week will be tough. Hope you all are OP!
jdael is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2011, 12:02 PM   #33  

Quote:
Originally Posted by tytbody View Post
Okay so on-line is cheaper then a monthly pass?

Just what does it give you?

I wish there was a person t ask. Maybe I should look through my stuff and on line to see if I can find the difference.
Hi Angela! I am a member online as well and right now they are doing free registration so if you sign up for 3 months at once its 53.00 then 17.95 per month. I think its about 15 or 16 bucks per week if you go.

What do you get???? They step you through week by week--i'm assuming the lessons you get are the same as they get weekly in the meetings....You also get the recipe builder where you can calculate points of recipes....

I LOVE the online version. I never liked the meetings. As far as I understand, ANYONE can go into a WW store and purchase the products. At least that's how it was prior to the PP plan....That's how I got my stuff previously.

NOW MY INTRODUCTION....
I am starting my millionth time on a diet/lifestyle change. I have no health problems at all....but I am overweight. My motivation--my daughter....My new years resolution this year was to not have the same one next year! LOL I am hoping to find support here...
toothlady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2011, 12:13 PM   #34  

Hi Toothlady. Cool. It's fun to be online here. I love my computer days.

someone always has a helpfull suggestion or at least tries. You're not alone.

Hey there is the guy Matt on here that made a CNN article and they talk about how he did it with online diet forums. I think hip hip.. oh yea, oh yea.

Old 01-06-2011, 12:19 PM   #35  

I just looked online. It DOES seem that the weekly lessons you get are what you would probably get in the meetings. You also get the points calculator online as well as tracking online. You get additional recipes also.

If any of you have an ipad, the weight watchers kitchen companion is neat!
toothlady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2011, 12:30 PM   #36  

yes, I downloaded that the other night. Glad it's bigger and not small like the ap. They should start making that ipad friendly. Or put the recipe builder in the ap also.

oh well. it's all there and all good. i'm glad..
Old 01-06-2011, 08:12 PM   #37  

S/C/G: 221/180/150

Height: 5'2 1/4"

When I checked into getting the pass for meetings, I think it would have been $39.95 a month compared to the $17.95 a month online. This is why I decided to just be an online member of WW. I also like the etools we get online. I did decide to order the calculator because I think it helps figure the pts of foods just as the online calculator does.

I almost gave up today thinking I had blown it with my food. It was nice to come home and check out the nutrition for what I ate at Arby's on a quick moments decision while out shopping and run it through the online calculator to find that I am still going to end my day within my daily pts. It is something else learning that I am able to eat "normal" on WW PP without feeling guilty. So much better than the diets I've followed in the past. A really interesting adjustment.

Enjoy your evening Everybody!
pattygirl63 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2011, 08:26 PM   #38  

I'm going to check into that. That will be cool if it's 17.95/month
Old 01-09-2011, 09:34 AM   #39  

S/C/G: 230/230/140

Height: 5'3

Hey there everyone... Just wanted to jump in and say hi.. I have been having a hard time keeping to task.. I still have not received my kit in the mail, so have not really been able to start and i am up 4 pounds... agh....
Cape Breton Chick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2011, 04:35 PM   #40  

oh Angela. doesn't that just bomb your day sometimes.

Tomorrow is my last official day at the walk in center. I hope they at least have some pounds gone for me.

If not, I just walk away. I don't know if I'll even join on line if I"m buming.

Oh well. I will Trust in the Lord and listen to see if I should continue on line and get support here. But then so many have so many different views that I don't know who knows the truth when a question is asked.

I know i sure don't feel like anything less. Especially when I roll on my side and grab a handfull of fat.
Old 01-09-2011, 04:36 PM   #41  

Angela where do I get the banners for our blue team Challenge?
Old 01-09-2011, 06:12 PM   #42  

S/C/G: 230/230/140

Height: 5'3

Hey there tybody you can just right-click on my banner there and go to save picture as... then go to your user cp, and edit signature. then upload from the place you saved it to on your computer and then before hitting submit, click on Insert Signature Picture, which will be right beside the picture. I hope that was explained clear enough...
Cape Breton Chick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2011, 06:17 PM   #43  

sure was but I have a mac. so I have not right click. I don't know how to save pictures with this thing. I do miss that about my old pc that I had.
Old 01-09-2011, 11:34 PM   #44  

S/C/G: 221/180/150

Height: 5'2 1/4"

I will be be keeping the online membership as I like it keeping track of weight loss. It showed that I lost weight again and that I had lost 5% of my weight. That is one thing I don't have to keep up with since it does it for me. I am thoroughly enjoying the new plan. Found out another lady at church is a WW online member as well and another lady asked me about the new program as she is thinking about doing WW. I think I am eating healthier than I have in a really long time.

Cape Sorry you haven't gotten your materials yet. That is a real bummer when you are wanting to get started.
pattygirl63 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2011, 11:08 AM   #45  

Can someone tell me with WW online, do you have access to the tracker?
Do you have the recipe builder?
Does it allow you to track also on iPhone or phone app?