Old 12-10-2010, 04:01 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 176/175/145

Height: 5'1"

Default Low point finds I wanted to share

When I was working there was a group of 4 of us who used to share all of our low point finds with each other but after I left the other three went "off the wagon" and now I have no one to share my finds with. So I thought okay, someone on here might like to hear them, and might have some of their own to share. So here is my most recent find just today.

4 point diner style breakfast ---- pancakes and sausage

1/2 c Fiber One pancake mix (3 points)
water to make the pancakes the consistancy you like
1 egg white (0 points but adds extra protein)
2 Boca "sausage" links (1 point)
up to 1/4 cup sugar free syrup (0 points)
0 cal cooking spray

Spray your pan with the cooking spray. Fry up the sausage on the side while you cook your pancakes. Mix together the pancake mix, water, and egg white. Cook like normal. Serve together with syrup. I found that if you eat the pancakes and the sausage together (like a pig in a blanket) you can't really tell it is fake sausage. I had this for breakfast today and it completely filled me up, tasted great, and was really healthy.

As a bonus you can have a cup of coffee for an additional 0 points with 1/2 c unsweetened Almond Breeze almond milk. It comes in original and vanilla and with a little splenda in my coffee I don't miss my full sugar full fat vanilla creamer I used to use. 1 full cup of almond breeze is 1 point so I can have 4 cups of coffee now for the one cup I could have with my old creamer.
mommaof2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2010, 09:03 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 177/171.2/154

Height: 5' 5.5"

Awesome! Thanks! I guess you could throw in a banana or an apple or grapefruit for 0 points too if you're still hungry.
mom2mollie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2010, 01:05 AM   #3  

Yup. And I found out that Morningstar fake bacon (which is kinda like cardboard in texture but doesn't really taste bad) is 1 point for 2 strips.

Tonight for dinner I made a stuffed pepper that was really good and super healthy, and only 4 points! Here it is:

1 medium-large green pepper
1/4 c dry bulgar wheat (cooks up like rice with an awesome brown rice kinda nutty taste)
pinch of salt
1/2 c Rinaldi Be Healthy sauce
1/2 c Morningstar meatless crumbles

Cook the bulgar wheat like the package says with the pinch of salt. While it is cooking warm up the crumbles in the microwave just so they aren't frozen any more. Once the bulgar is cooked add the crumbles and sauce to it. Cut the top off the pepper and remove insides. Fill with mix and cook at 375 till the pepper is done to your likeness.

And I also made a really good Asian slaw as a side that was only 1 point. Here it is:

1/2 package alfalfa sprouts
1/2 cup coleslaw mix veggies
2 tsp sweet chili sauce
1 tsp rice wine vinegar

Wash the sprouts really well, dry, then mix all together. That's it.

I've got others on my blog. I have been putting them on as I remember them or as I come up with new ones. I have fun trying to come up with new things, and I love to share them since you can find great new stuff that way.
Old 12-20-2010, 03:14 PM   #4  

Are those points correct for Points Plus?
QuilterInVA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2010, 03:55 AM   #5  

No, for the old point system. But the Boca links and the Fiber One pancakes have all the info on the box. Anything Boca makes has the points right on the box, just not sure if they are updated for the new system.