Old 11-17-2010, 10:46 AM   #1  

Default Thinking about joining WW

Hello,
I'm currently trying to lose weight with the Metabolic Research Center plan but the results I'm seeing are fairly limited. I'm not sure it's the right plan for me. I'm thinking about switching to weight watchers but wondering, should I wait, because of the new plan coming out, should I join a center or should I just do it from home?

I'm a busy mom of 4 and a part time college instructor my time is very valuable and limited. I also don't want to spend more $ than I have to.

I'm thinking I should wait a bit and then go for the deluxe at home kit thinking that the at home kit will be with the new system but wondering what the WW "old pros" think. Your opinions are appreciated.

Thanks!
Nicmom24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2010, 11:22 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 178/see ticker/113

Height: 5'3

nic I just sent you a pm but I'd wait on the kit since the program is about to change in two weeks! that way you get the latest info and plan for sure, plus this new plan seems like it's their best ever (from what I read on the ww official site for new zealand, they are already on it)
For me I chose meetings because I needed the accountability of going in and being weighed, having a leader support me etc.. but several years ago I lost 70 lbs on ww at home, doing it alone, so it's definitely doable! You can also just do ww online too , it's all up to how YOU need supported and motivated
spryng is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2010, 12:02 PM   #3  

Thanks Sprying! I got your PM as well. I figure the cost of at home materials is roughly the same as a resign at MRC when it comes to that. I think you don't get a refund if you don't follow plan to the letter. Meaning, one extra melba and you are no longer eligible for a refund. That's fine. I'll stay with them until time is up and then switch at that point I think.
Old 11-17-2010, 09:53 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 309/261/160

Height: 5'10''

I am doing WW online. I have been doing it since April, and I have lost 50 pounds. I did WW before in high school years ago, too, and lost 40ish (which was my goal), I just didn't maintain Oh well, live and learn. WW is a great plan. Very flexible, and very realistic. It's not a diet, it's a lifestyle change, so it helps you to make those changes so maintaining will be easier. Yes, there are changes coming to WW soon! I am not sure what they are yet, but I am looking forward to seeing them. Also, if you feel you can go it alone, WW online is a lot cheaper then meetings. I highly recommend WW, because of the flexibility and the fact it's realistic, and something you can incorporate into your life for good!
Ahintofgreen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2010, 08:54 AM   #5  

Thanks,
Wouldn't you figure just when I've about had it with MRC, I start seeing pretty good loss. So sick of this roller coaster of it all.

One of the big concerns I have with MRC is that it doesn't feel very "real life" to me. I'm making separate meals for myself and family way more than usual. I'm eating more "supplements" and packaged stuff than real food.

My husband fixed himself a piece of toast last night and it smelled so good I was practically drooling. There's no way I can maintain a long term lifestyle that doesn't include at least a little pasta, ice cream and peanut butter once in a while. I'm finding myself looking so forward to when the "diet is done" which I know is a recipe for regain. I expect I'll be officially joining the WW team in a couple months after the new plan is out and my MRC time is up.
Old 11-18-2010, 09:08 AM   #6  

S/C/G: 178/see ticker/113

Height: 5'3

I know what you mean, I didn't feel like I could do it forever either but I'm so glad you saw a good loss this week! sure makes the sacrifice worth it
spryng is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2010, 11:45 AM   #7  

Well, we'll see. That loss is according to my scale at home. It's always lower than the center one. Official weigh in planned for tomorrow. How's the WW shift going for you so far?