Old 07-01-2010, 02:01 PM   #1  

Default Hello!

I am new to this group, but certainly not new to WW. Actually, I am not realy even new to this group! LOL. I have lurked for many years and got so much wonderful and helpful information.

I am a Lifetime member who has gained all of her weight back. I started with
the At Work program back in 2002 and went faithfully to weekly meetings
after that program was over. I went until 2004. Life got in the way and I could no longer attend meetings(not one at a time I could go) I got to goal within the first year (163) and was running up to 7 miles a day. I continued to do WW on my own, but life got hard.

As we all know things happen in life. Over the last 6 years my weight has
gone up and down. 3 years ago I lost both grandparents, 3 best friends, went
through a divorce and moved 1000 miles away from the only life I knew (all in the same month, this one!).

My self esteem and depression have resulted in my weight becoming the
highest it has ever been.

I have been using Sparkpeople to interact with other WW members, but I find the site itself too busy and their are too many different groups. It makes it hard for me to get what I need quickly, and it seems like I spend more time than I need to there.

I need all the support I can get. I find this forum much easier to navigate and find what I want/need. I was also using their nutritional diary, but I find keeping track of points is so much easier for me. I also found that using My Fitness Pal keeps track of my food and I can use the database to find the cal/fat/fiber of foods to calculate points. I am not a huge fan of the WW forums.

I have dusted off all my WW materials to get back OP once and for all! I
have a long way to get to goal. But my health depends on it. However, I am on a very tight budget, so I have to do it at home, on my own.

It is nice to meet all of you and thank you for letting me join your group.

Chrystal
irishchik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2010, 12:45 PM   #2  

Hi Chrystal, I can relate to a lot of what you wrote. I hope you find the support you need here.
1bighog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2010, 09:02 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 203/197/145

Height: 5'4"

I too dusted off my books this week and I could have written most of your post. I too have struggled with life and have gained back all my weight.

Good luck to you and your journey. I am right here beside you doing the same thing!
Karrebeaar is offline   Reply With Quote