Old 01-22-2010, 11:28 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 260/190/160

Height: 5'4"

Default Does anyone cycle their points??

So after losing 53 lbs. my weight loss has slowed down dramatically. I went from losing 1.5-2lb per week to about .5lb. This has been going on through the holidays and I expected it to pick up once they were over, but it hasn't. I was thinking of starting to cycle my points every week (eat a different number of points daily, but still staying in my weekly range). I was wondering if anyone has ever done this before and if they were successful doing it?
IHeartMe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2010, 07:38 PM   #2  
Proud Mommy

S/C/G: See ticker

Height: 5 ' 3

I did a few years ago and it worked wonders
snapplegirl69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2010, 10:34 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 290/see ticker/211

Height: 5'8"

I've never heard of this. How does it work?
jcourtney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2010, 03:48 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 260/190/160

Height: 5'4"

If you do a google serach for the Wendie Plan you should be able to find all the info you need on this. I have decided to try it and have been doing so for about 2 weeks. Hoping it works.
IHeartMe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2010, 10:37 AM   #5  
girl disappearing

S/C/G: 311/239.2/195

Height: 5'5"

So I googled the Wendie Plan like iheartme suggested and I think I'm going to try it. I've been struggling for the past few weeks and I think this might be the slight change I need. Thanks!
Tudor Rose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2010, 04:03 PM   #6  

I usually pick one day in the middle of weight in too eat about 10 more points then allowed - the next day I eat lower then my normal points - then I keep in the range for the rest of the time. Seems to allow me a 2 to 3 pound loss a week. This is what I did last year around the same time and lost 15 pounds in six weeks - hoping for the same results this time around.
cybersis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2010, 06:36 AM   #7  
girl disappearing

S/C/G: 311/239.2/195

Height: 5'5"

So I've been doing the Wendie Plan for a few days now and today is my first time I'll have to be eating way over my daily points and I admit I'm a little nervous. Normally when I eat that much, even if I have the weekly/flex points to do it, I always end up feeling guilty, so this is going to be hard to adjust to. And while it's tempting to go balls out and get fast food or something ridiculous just because I have the points, I want to be smart. After all, fast food is why I've been struggling for the past month. I can't let this be an excuse to fall back into old habits.

So, instead, I've decided I'm gonna get a veggie sub from subway on yummy bread and with ranch dressing (it's like a salad sammich that way!) and, because I'm a vegetarian, add some tofurkey deli slices. I'm even going to have points for one of subway's cookies, which I LOVE but haven't had in forever. I'm actually really looking forward to it!
Tudor Rose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2010, 02:02 PM   #8  

This is so interesting. Never heard of it. But it makes sense. I know from past dieting, that you can be strict and lose weight, but i've noticed that as soon as you cheat a bit, then weigh in, you've still lost weight. I guess thats why. If you keep your food exactly the same, you're bound to stop losing. If you mix it up and eat low points, then a few more, then a few less, and still lose weight...thats awesome. I guess its like a work out, they say to mix up cardio and weights so you're not doing the same things over and over. Your body reacts to change better than doing the same 'ol same 'ol.
jesi74 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2010, 09:18 AM   #9  

S/C/G: 354/252/180

Height: 5'5

The first time I did WW I did points cycling - I lost 3-5 lbs a week (80 lbs total) regularly with no plateaus. I did not stick with my eating habits and gained it back after 2 years.

I am back to WW and am again doing points cycling with great results. The key to the high pont day - for me - it to use the points in ways that you typically would save on. I use reg mayo, full fat cheese and dressing, etc. My portions are still modified, and not going back to unhealthy eating habits. Honestly - it's easy to add on those extra points with full fat condiments, cheeses, and a special splurge of regular coke!
texscrapper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2010, 05:53 PM   #10  

S/C/G: 203/147.8/135

Height: 5'4''

I have heard of this and I've also heard that it works great! I'm doing the WW the normal way and not using the weekly allowance. I don't see the purpose of the 35 extra points. It just slows me down. I want to try cycling, but I'm nervous about going over points and being that controlled and having that much will power to cut back the next day. Ya know?
Sunshinenmysoul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2010, 07:03 PM   #11  

S/C/G: 354/252/180

Height: 5'5

Once you get into it, it really is easy. When you have a high point day, you really aren't as hungry the next day. This helps stay "low point" for the day.

Just FYI - When I add up my total points for the week, I am using SOME of the weekly allowance when I point cycle.
texscrapper is offline   Reply With Quote