Closed Thread

Old 09-30-2002, 08:33 AM   #1  

Default Weigh-in at home 9/30 - 10/6

Starting the topic - be right back.
Old 09-30-2002, 08:45 AM   #2  

Carla - sorry to hear about the problems you had last week. I hope the weekend went well. I know you'll do well this week even with those lunches.

Angel-eyes - good to hear from you. That must have been very frustrating with the cable out all week. I'm glad you are going to start week 1 with us.

Hi April - and welcome! BTDT, as a matter of fact I did that last night! The important thing is not to beat ourselves up about it. How about if we try NOT to repeat that this week (of course, we want to repeat the loss on the scale ;-)

Karen - WOW - that sure is ambitious of you but I can understand the feeling. I'm looking forward to all of us doing week 1. I'm sure it was really tough last week without the kitchen.

I'm happy to report that I saw a 0.6 loss on the scale this week. That means I have 1.6 pounds to go to get to that 10 pound loss mark. I did pretty well with week 1 - until Sat evening that is. I got in 5 days of exercise (although yesterday was a lot of walking around an outlet center - not very aerobic walking but my friend and I were there for hours so I'm counting it!), weighed and measured everything and up until Saturday night, I didn't do any deficit eating. I dipped a couple of points below what I had banked on Saturday and although I had an lf entry at Applebee's (although they didn't have as much available on their menu as Dottie's site had) and a low point dinner I blew it a bit last night. Sooooooo, although I did well for most of the week, I'm re-starting week 1 too because I have to stick with this program on weekends too - and especially after a good weigh-in. A good weigh in is NOT a reason to go nuts. This week should bring TOM so that will be a good test of my promise to myself that I will go to my meeting no matter what I think the scale will say. If you all don't mind, I'm going to re-state my goals for this week:

* Stay within my points range - no "deficit" eating
* Weigh and measure so I am honest about my journal
* Exercise 5 days this week
* Go to my meeting, no matter what I think the scale will say

Have a great Motivated Monday!
Judy
163.6/155.2/135
Old 09-30-2002, 10:27 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 268.8/266.4/145

Height: 5'8"

Hi all.

angel - I'm glad you got your cable back and were able to rejoin us! That must have been hugely frustrating, and on top of being a "single mom" while your husband was out of town. No wonder Rice Krispie treats happened.

Karen - Please come to my house and dejunk my cabinets and drawers too. I bet you were glad to be able to cook a meal and will be even more glad when your kitchen is completely back together.

April - Welcome and congrats on your loss! Sd for the slip up - we've all been there, done that.

Judy - Congrats on your loss too! I'm rooting for you to get that 1.6 off! Sounds like you did great last week and like you're determined not to let Saturday's slip-up throw you. Good for you.

The weekend went pretty well for me. I do believe we made it a whole week without eating out. I did pretty well at the picnic too. I had a polish sausage, but just a taste of a couple of other things. Of course, I was on my feet a lot yesterday, so I'm paying the price with my knees and ankles today. Today is lunch with a friend. I'm about to see if I can find a website for the restaurant so I can figure out what to eat and better yet, see if I can find it on Dottie's.

Have a great day.

Carla
Old 10-01-2002, 08:40 AM   #4  

Carla - Congratulations on how well you did over the weekend. I'm sorry to hear that your knees and ankles are achy - I hope they are doing better today. How did your lunch go?

I had a pretty good day yesterday. I did a good cardio/strength workout, measured and weighed everything and managed to bank 1/2 point. It would have been more but I gave into a snack attack a little bit before bedtime. I can't wait for PMS to end! I have a couple of challenges ahead this week. Thursday evening Tony and I decided to go out to a local restaurant - we have a coupon that's about to expire and we figured we'd use it. I'm going to get the menu faxed so I figure out my choices - the key is keeping away from the bread basket! This Saturday we were going to my sil's but that fell through - instead we are probably going to go out to dinner with Tony's dad. That's an improvement, food challenge-wise. We'll probably go to Red Lobster and I can get the menu again from Dotties - I've done well there before point-wise.

Back to work for me - have a great one and check-in!
Judy
Old 10-01-2002, 09:15 AM   #5  
Canadian, eh?

Good Morning,

Only have a minute before I dash...

Judy, congrats on your loss this week! Could you do the unthinkable and ask them not to bring bread to the table when you go to the restaurant? Don't think I'd be able to do that, though!

Carla - congratulations on how well you've been doing! Hope the knees and ankles are doing better.

Had a very good day yesterday...drank, measured, journalled, exercised...what a model of dedication! Now to repeat it one more day!

Have a good one...

Karen
Old 10-01-2002, 03:28 PM   #6  

Hi everyone

After a couple more Advil this morning, my knees and ankles are feeling better. Thanks for asking!

Judy - Sounds like you're doing well. Banking 1/2 point in the face of PMS is excellent! I was going to suggest the same thing as Karen - ask them not to bring bread, or if Tony really likes to have bread, let him take a piece and have them take the basket away. Of course, that's easy for me to say, but would be very hard for me to do. Bread baskets are my downfall. I'll be sending you positive vibes for your dinners out on Thursday and Friday.

Karen - Great job yesterday! I know you'll be equally successful today.

I didn't do very well yesterday. We ended up having KFC for dinner. It takes so much out of me to move around and do the little that I have to do that I just didn't feel like cooking last night. Today I went to a shoe start that specializes in walking shore - Walking Co. - and bought a couple of good pairs of shoes that don't look like old lady shoes. I could feel the difference just walking around in the store. I can't wear my sneakers all the time and wearing street shoes for any walking past a block or two does me in. I hope this will help keep the ankle and knee pain at bay.

I don't know if I'll be able to post tomorrow as I'm going into the city for lunch with my former co-workers and then the opera with MIL. So, have a great day today and tomorrow.

Carla
Old 10-02-2002, 10:16 PM   #7  
Canadian, eh?

Hi...

Quieter than quiet here today!

Had a good day foodwise, much better than yesterday which is just an unhappy memory now. I went to the gym after dinner for the third consecutive day.

Carla - how nice to be meeting up with your former workmates. Very important to stay in touch. Which opera? I envy you. Hope the new shoes are making a big difference to your knees and ankles. Mike just got orthotics, they're making a massive difference to his comfort.

Judy - hope PMS hasn't been getting the better of you. Since I quit doing the fertility stuff, I've gotten TOM within 2 weeks of the last, and am now into my 11th consecutive day with no end in sight. Must be adjustment time or something. I know you'll do well with the restaurants this week.

I weighed in plus one pound today, which I know has a lot to do with eating out almost every night last week. I guess it could have been a lot worse.

Talk to you soon...

Karen
Old 10-03-2002, 11:20 AM   #8  

Karen - Sorry to hear about the pound - I'm sure eating out almost every night last week had a lot to do with it. Don't forget that TOM makes the scale a beast too. Still, you are doing really well exercise and I'm sure that you will see a good result next weigh-in. I'll be pulling for you to have an OP day like Monday again today! As for not getting the bread basket - Tony really likes their bread. I'm going to plan on having one piece and then asking him to keep the basket near him or have them take it away.

Carla - Sorry to hear about the KFC. That's great about getting the walking shoes. I always have a tough time finding shoes I can walk comfortably in but don't look like old lady shoes. I hope your lunch went well with your former co-workers. What opera did you see? Thanks for the good vibes.

I've had a couple of good days. Yesterday was nuts at work but not bad nuts. I haven't exercised the last two days (days in the city) but that's OK - it was planned and I've been fighting off some kind of bug. I've stayed OP - weighing and measuring - last night I went over by one point but had a food point in the bank. That's not bad for Yankee playoffs watching. The sneak peek wasn't to great this morning but I had popcorn last night while watching the Yankees blow it so I'm not really concerned - plus TOM is any second now. I'm planning on exercising this afternoon, eating a low point lunch and I had the restaurant menu faxed so I've picked out what I'm eating and now I just have to stick to it!

I'd better get back to work - have a great one!
Judy
Old 10-03-2002, 11:42 AM   #9  

Hi all.

Karen - Sorry to hear about your gain, but I think keeping it to one pound when you had to eat out the better part of the week is pretty good. I hope your cycle straightens itself out soon. We saw two short operas yesterday: Calviere Rustica and Pagliacci.
I'm not a huge opera fan. When I've gone, I can usually make it through the first act and then I start getting very anxious to go. Yesterday was no different. I liked the first opera, Pagliacci, which I've seen before, not so much. Part of the problem was that I was very uncomfortable physically. There was absolutlely no leg room and I was in pain by the time the second opera started.

Judy - I know you're going to do great at dinner tonight. Good for you for controlling your snacking during a Yankee's game! I know those are tough times for you and snacking. I'm sure you're going to see a good loss on Saturday.

The pair of new shoes I wore yesterday worked out well walking-wise. Unfortunately they are a bit loose in the heel and I got such a blister on my left heel that it bled. I guess I better buy some heel pads. I'm planning on going into the basement in a bit and getting on the exercise bike. I'm still struggling with the food, but figure if I can get going on the exercise it will probably help with controlling the food.

Talk to you all later.

Carla
Old 10-04-2002, 11:02 AM   #10  

Carla - ouch! Sorry to hear about your heel. Good for you for getting on the bike. I'm sorry to hear you are still struggling with the food. Do you think you can start back with "baby steps"? What can I do to help you get back on track?

I did OK yseterday - I ended the day with nothing in the bank but nothing in deficit. I had a good 40 minutes exercise and I did OK at the restaurant last night. Before going, Tony and I had decided on not having any appetizers and having a glass of wine instead of a cocktail. I ordered what I had planned (salad, dressing on the side, skirt steak, baked potato with salsa and veg) and did well breadwise. Actually the restaurant made that easy. They didn't have the great bread they used to, just some rolls and flatbread. I just had a few flatbread pieces (they were small). We had agreed not to order dessert but Tony did - chocolate peanut butter pie! I decided to order sherbet (at 2 points) so I didn't have to look at him eating the pie - I gave in and had one bite - it was good but I was glad to have the sherbet to stop me from having more. When we got home, I had a few more snacks than necessary which is where my banked points went. I still didn't get TOM although it should be any second. I don't think my weigh in will be good tomorrow. Still, I'm going to go to the meeting, even if I don't weigh in (they let you check in without weighing in). That's better than not going at all - which is what I've done in the past. I woke up today feeling like I am fighting off a bug again (I felt a lot better yesterday) so I'm planning on taking the afternoon off. I may try to do walk on the treadmill later - I'll see how I feel.

I hbope to get on later before the weekend. If I don't, have a great one!
Judy
Old 10-04-2002, 12:10 PM   #11  

Hi all.

Judy - Sounds like you did really great at the restaurant. Good for you!. Chocolate peanut butter pie would be a hard one for me to resist. I hope you're feeling better. As for me, baby steps probably would be a good idea. I think I'm just rebelling against counting points right now. I don't know why. Maybe I'll just start writing down everything I eat, then move to the water, fruits, veggies, etc. and take it from there. You help me just by being here.

I overslept this morning, so I haven't been on the bike. I have Ana home today, so that's going to take care of getting on the bike during the day. (No way am I leaving here upstairs for 1/2 while I'm in the basement - no telling how she'll destroy the house - and the basement isn't conducive to a pre-schooler playing right now.) I hope maybe I'll have some energy to get on it tonight. No big plans for the weekend. We were supposed to meet friends for pizza tomorrow night, but we can't get a babysitter, so that's out.

Have a terrific weekend.

Carla
Old 10-04-2002, 06:35 PM   #12  
soon to be goddess

S/C/G: 236/216/17?

Height: 5'7"

Unhappy rebelling points......me too!

Gosh....what a long week.
Cece......you hit the nail right on the head, thats been me for the last 2 weeks. I forced myself to journal today's points, but it was a real struggle. I weighed myself today and had gained 3 lbs. Some of that was not caring to record my pts, but some of it was also the ham roast I had 2 days in a row. ....(water retention) I'm trying to hang in there. I've had trouble getting into the site to post.....(lost my password) so I could only lurk and read. Very frustrating!!! This time I have written it down and tucked away in a safe place.

JudySp.....GOOD FOR YOU!!! You did so well eating out, just goes to show what planning ahead can do for you. You stuck to all your decisions and even though wasn't in your plans, choose an excellent dessert. I would have also had a terrible time resisting the chocolate pbutter pie.....way to go!!

Merrylegs.....Hope all is well with you.

take care, enjoy the weekend!!
Old 10-05-2002, 08:05 PM   #13  

Hi everyone,

I weigh in on Fridays I lost .4 of a lb. So now I have lost 10 lbs. !!!!!!!!!!!!!!! So now I am starting on the next 10 lbs.

It's been overcast all day & it was raining also at one point. I did some cleaning today & laundry & spent some time on the computer.

Last night DH, DS, his GF & her DS & I went out to Boston Pizza. I did very well. I had half of an individual pizza for 9 points & a garden salad with the dressing on the side.

Have a great weekend everyone.

April
Old 10-05-2002, 10:19 PM   #14  
soon to be goddess

S/C/G: 236/216/17?

Height: 5'7"

Wink CONGRATULATIONS!!!

Hi April99......way to go!!! That is great to hear of your loss of 10lbs. Keep up the great work.

We also went out for dinner tonight and had Italian. I didn't do too badly and left quite a portion of it on my plate. Enjoy the rest of the weekend.
Old 10-06-2002, 06:50 PM   #15  

Hi Ladies! Mind if I join you (again)? I have been SERIOUSLY struggling with my weight loss lately....in fact, I'm probably just continuing to gain! I used to come chat in here a couple years ago..I'm glad to see you are all still here!

Cece ... if I remember correctly, you adopted your daughter from another country, didn't you? If I'm thinking of the right person, you had pretty much just gotten her when I was here last! It's been a long time... glad to see things are going well for you!

Anyway... I'm back on it in the morning...i"m even going to journal all my food for tomorrow, right now...so tomorrow all I have to do is check it off my list!

I've got a long way to go...but I'm seeing it through to the end this time.

Thanks!
Cjane
Closed Thread