Closed Thread

Old 08-19-2002, 09:23 AM   #1  

Default Weigh-in at home 8/19-8/25

Starting the topic. Be right back.
Old 08-19-2002, 09:28 AM   #2  

Hi all,

It's the start of another sure-to-be crazy week. I didn't get a chance to read everyone's posts on Friday afternoon but hope to catch up sometime today.

Saturday's weigh-in was a disappointment - I was up 0.4 - not even 1/2 pound but I had a good week although I did snack a little Friday night (!) - I had the activity points in the bank but the timing was pretty dumb. Anyway, I took an informal poll of some of my friends at the meeting and no one eats up their activity points on a regular basis if they want to lose (some of them are lifetime). Anyway, I'm determined to lose the now 1.8 pounds this month so I'm planning to keep up my exercise but not eat them unless I have something special going on on the weekend. I had a pretty good weekend although I did snack too much last night. Still, it's the beginning of another week and the beginning of the week when I am going to get VERY close, if not make, my 10 pounds total lost!

Have a great one,
Judy
163.6/155.4 /135
Old 08-20-2002, 09:18 AM   #3  
Canadian, eh?

Good Morning!

Wow what a quiet place...

Judy, sorry to hear about your small gain. Those darn snack attacks! Good plan not to use your earned exercise points.

I'll try to get back this afternoon, have to dash off to work.

Have a great day...

Karen
Old 08-20-2002, 10:19 AM   #4  

Question newbie

Good Morning All,
How does this thread work? I've been an WW online member for the past 5 months but decided this week to try it on my own. Does everyone report in daily or just post wi information?
Old 08-20-2002, 10:19 AM   #5  
Determined Chick!

Good morning all! Sorry about the gain, Judy. Seems like you have a great plan for this week, though. Remember also that you are very close to goal, and working out *a lot*, so you may be putting on more muscle weight :-)! I'll be pulling for you to pull out a 2 lb loss this week!! (and I'd like one of those for myself, too!)

How's it going for you, Karen?

Since I have a full six weeks before my Mexico vacation with the girls, I thought it sounded like a good time frame to challenge myself back on track. Last week I lost 1 lb :-D, but I think that was more a result to getting back to normal life (back from vacation). I didn't manage to follow the program very well.

This week, I am challenging myself to stay OP for 1 week to get back on track. If I can do it, it always starts me on a good weight loss roll...so cross your fingers for me! I had a stressful evening yesterday, and wanted so bad to calm myself with food, but I resisted. (I turned into super *****, but I resisted the food :-Z ) Another goal was to bank 2 pts a day for a party on Sat. I didn't end up banking last night, but maybe I can make up for it with exercise today.

I'll check in later...Holly
Old 08-20-2002, 11:48 AM   #6  

leggs02 - many of us post every day. Each of us has an "official" weigh-in day and we post our results. Most of us do the at home program. Some of us, including me, have gone back to meetings but still continue to post here because it's a great group of people and there's tons of support.

Karen - Hope to hear how your weekend was later.

Holly - Congratulations on losing that pound! Even if you weren't totally OP you were doing something right. I think six weeks is an excellent time frame for a challenge. Good idea to create a challenge for this week. Good for you for not eating through the stress even if you weren't in the best of moods. I'm pulling for you to get that exercise in today.

I had a pretty good day yesterday. I did a 50 minute step tape that was a ton of fun and left me dripping. I recorded the activity points but I'm going to try not to use them. Thank goodness for those homegrown tomato sandwiches. I had one at lunch yesterday (yum - and Carla, you're more than welcome to come east for some!) and it was low point and satisfying - I added a piece of 2% cheese to give me anothermilk serving. I did a lot of knitting last night and between that and the fact that lunch and dinner were pretty low point, I had a couple of snacks but still managed to bank 4 points. I don't think I'll get any exercise in today - I'm starting on a root canal this afternoon - the tooth just keeps bothering me and I don't want to wait for it to blow up - so I'm just biting the bullet and getting it done. That should keep me from snacking too much tonight - a silver lining in an otherwise nasty cloud!

Where is everyone? Angie, Pat and Jennifa - I hope you are well. Carla - are you back from vacation?

Have a great low point day,
Judy
Old 08-20-2002, 02:04 PM   #7  

S/C/G: 268.8/266.4/145

Height: 5'8"

Hi everyone.

Sorry I was MIA yesterday. Yesterday morning I couldn't get into the forum and then yesterday afternoon it wouldn't let me reply.

Judy - Sorry to hear about the blip on the scale. It could have been water, it could have been anything. I'm pulling for you to lose that 1.8 this month and I know you'll do it. I'm glad you were able to work in an exercise tape yesterday - I know how much that helps you with stress as well as with weight loss. I might just have to head east for one of those tomato sandwiches. We put tomatoes in this year, but we got the plants in late and with the dry weather and all, we're just getting some green tomatoes on the vine, and not a lot at that. I'm hoping I'll be able to enjoy some in September. Sorry to hear that your tooth is bothering you and that you're having a root canal, but you're wise to take care of it now, before it gets worse.

leggs02 - Welcome!

Holly - COngrats on the one pound loss and on not turning to food the other night. I agree with Judy - 6 weeks is a nice timeframe for a challenge. We'll be rooting for you.

Karen - Hi!

I'm still working my way back OP. I'm getting in the water and trying to be sensible. Once I get fully back on track, it will get easier, I know. Post vacation is always so hard.

Have a great day everyone.
Old 08-20-2002, 04:15 PM   #8  

Hi, Everyone. Well, I didn't officially weigh myself this week. (I was at my mother's and her scale is off - it shows a lower weight). I had to go down to NYC unexpectedly on Thursday night because my grandmother passed away. Her passing was not unexpected, just the trip down on Thursday. I did manage to not comfort myself with food, which is a first. I also managed to (mostly) control myself around the mounds of food sent to the house by friends and family. I weighed myself yesterday morning (first morning home) and was up 3, BUT down 2 today. I suspect that it was water retention - to many pickles and other salty foods. Hopefully, when I go on vacation this week I will be able to stay on track.

Hope everyone is doing well!
Old 08-20-2002, 11:32 PM   #9  
Canadian, eh?

Hi All,

Been super busy for the last few days...Saturday we went to the races (thoroughbreds) and let's just say I didn't spare a thought for eating OP...Sunday I did fine, had to work and managed to avoid the dreaded vending machine. Yesterday was great, today was so so...not really looking forward to weigh in tomorrow morning.

Judy - you're getting in tons of exercise - way to go! Good luck with the root canal. Poor you.

Holly - I'd say a trip to Mexico is great incentive! I went with 2 girlfriends about five years ago - it was the funnest week of my life.

Leggs02 - welcome! we post as often as we're able to give and get support. hope you'll join us.

Teric - My condolences on losing your grandmother. What a sad time for your family. Good for you for not coping with food. I'm sure that extra pound that hasn't left yet is just water. Are you going away on vacation?

Carla - Don't think I had a chance to say phooey about your vacation gain...glad to hear you're in the process of climbing back on the wagon. btw, my blackberry jelly turned out great, I got 24 small jars...I'll be giving most of them away.

FIL is just about driving me to drink this week, usually he doesn't get to me too much, but everytime I turn around he's hovering right behind me. AUGGHHH.

Have a good day...

Karen
Old 08-21-2002, 09:09 AM   #10  
Canadian, eh?

Good Morning!

Down one pound today...yay!!!

Hope you're all having a great day...

Karen
Old 08-21-2002, 11:50 AM   #11  

S/C/G: 268.8/266.4/145

Height: 5'8"

Hi all.

Teric - I'm sorry to hear about your grandmother's passing. My condolences to you and your's. Good for you for not comforting yourself with food. And I'm sure that gain was simply water and the remaining pound will be gone soon.

Karen - Yay for one pound gone forever! Sorry to hear that your having a rough time with your FIL this week. It must be so hard to go to work all day and then deal with more of the same at home. I admire you.

I maintained this week, which just thrilled me since a) I've been slow getting back on the wagon and b)PMS is here and I feel like a bloated pig. So a maintain is just fine by me.

Have a great day all.

Carla
Old 08-21-2002, 12:37 PM   #12  
Determined Chick!

Hi all!

Judy -- you blow me away with your exercice regime! Good for you!! I have a 1 hr step tape that I love, but I have not built up the stamina to do the whole tape. Good luck with the tooth (owwww)

Teric -- so sorry about your Grandmother {{{Teric}}}} My hat is off to you for not giving in to the comfort of food.

Merrylegs - 1 pound gone forever!! Yeah!

Cece -- That maintain will probably turn into a loss next week when you aren't so bloated -- I'll cross my fingers for you!

Today is day 3 of my personal challenge to stay within pts 100% for 1 wk. I have to admit -- IT IS HARD! However, I have done it! I made spaghetti and meatballs last night (my favorite pig out food) and realized that I could easily eat a double serving. I didn't give in, but I actually stared at the pot on the stove thinking about tossing in my desire to stay OP 100%! Instead I popped in a 20 min exercise tape followed by 10 min. on the trampoline with my son :-).

Holly
Old 08-21-2002, 01:17 PM   #13  

Carla - Congratulations on that maintain!!!! If you are in throes of PMS bloat, you probably really lost - it just shows how even when we go off (like on vacations) we are in MUCH better shape than before we started WW. Anytime you want to head east for some incredible tomato sandwiches you are welcome! Yes, the exercise definitely helps with my stress level.

Teric - I'm so sorry about your grandmother. Even when it is not unexpected it is still a loss. It sounds like you did very well OP wise under very difficult circumstances. I don't think you will have much trouble on vacation.

Karen - Way to go on losing that pound!!! Sorry to hear that it's been a bit tough with your FIL - I'm with Carla, I admire you and you are one great DIL! Congrats on ignoring that vending machine! See, even when you go off a little you get back on the wagon - keep it up!

Holly - WAY TO GO!!!! What an inspiration you are - popping in an exercise tape instead of convincing yourself to blow off you stay OP challenge!! Thanks for the "blow me away" remark - you are so sweet. I really wasn't planning on doing the whole thing but it was so much fun (3 guys who are adorable and have great choreography) that I couldn't stop!

My root canal went well yesterday. It's never pleasant but this endodontist is great - he gave me a quick qcting, long-lasting anesthetic (sp?) that lasted until I went to sleep so I didn't have the usual post-root canal first visit discomfort. Also, he has a DVD in the room that you watch (with wireless headphones) so while he worked on my mouth for 45 minutes, I was watching a Billy Joel concert! I had a little soup when I first got home (Helathy Choice) and then Tony and I had a little pasta with his homemade sauce once I could feel my mouth a little better. I managed to eat my max anyway but I didn't go over. I don't know if I'll get any exercise in today. My mouth is a bit sore (to be expected) and I will have to work a little on the late side. Still, I should be able to do a good workout tomorrow morning.

Have a great one,
Judy
Old 08-22-2002, 09:17 AM   #14  

Thank you all so much for your condolences. I'll share them with my family.

I lost the last pound from my visit to NYC and I lost another for good measure as of this morning. One more pound and I will have lost 10%. It's good to be sharing with such a nice bunch of "losers".

We are still going on vacation this week, Vermont for a couple of days, then back to my family in NYC. In addition to the challenge of staying on program, we will also be challenged to stay cool. The A/C on my vehicle is broken. My mechanic can't fix it before our trip. We could take the pick-up, but it would be cruel to jam my 13 year old into the back seat -- her knees would be up to her ears. And my 2 year old boy would be torturing both his sisters, who would be in easy reach. My 13 y/o said she'd rather be hot. We just bought me a 95 Suburban with 105,000 miles on it because we needed room for kids and animals. I LOVE it, but I miss my a/c. At this point we probably won't fix it till Spring. (It needs tires for winter).

Judy, I am glad your root canal went well.

I don't know if I'll get to check in while I'm away. My husband usually brings his laptop everywhere, so I'll try. If not, you all have a great week and I'll "see" you when I get back.
Old 08-22-2002, 11:02 AM   #15  
Determined Chick!

Teric - My A/C went out this week also :-(, and it will be almost $1,000 to fix it. It looks like I'll be hot until fall! Maybe we will sweat off some extra pounds!

Judy - which step tape has the 3 guys in it?? I could use some "guy lead" tapes! Glad your mouth is on the mend (ouch!)

Still OP, and it is getting easier as my resolve is getting stronger each day :-). Sat will be a problemo, though. A whole day and night out boating with friends, cooking out and , of course, drinking wine. I have been trying to save pts, but have not been very successful. Any ideas on low pt dishes to make, etc...? I hate to say that I won't count pts on Sat, and just eat/drink reasonably, but that may be the reality. Help!
Closed Thread